PDA

View Full Version : another OSE love fest

T.S.Davis
05-10-2016, 10:05 AM
Maybe this belongs somewhere else but I doubt anyone will care.

We've all heard and in many cases sang praises for Steven's service. It truly is second to none. OSE is quicker than Amazon in many cases.

There's more too OSE than just the service though. Steven and OSE have been a major sponsors of FE racing for as long as I can remember. He's been supporting MMEU events since 2005. That's as far back as I can remember. Multiple Cups. Multiple FE Nationals. Every major event I've been to in the last 10 years has had some form of OSE sponsorship behind it. For that I am truly grateful. Thank you Steven.

This site and OSE started during a volatile time in FE history. There were other forums but they had become a little moderation heavy. In their defense, the whole forum "thing" was something relatively new. Nobody really knew what they were doing with this new medium. Exchange of ideas and opinions got way too heated. At that time there were really only three or four sources in the states for actually FE equipment. 3 of those sources were constantly bickering. Some of them frowned on you buying anything from the other. It was annoying to be honest. OSE was a safe haven so to speak.

Back in the early days there was no FE knowledge in local hobby stores. Early on, a guy that was just dabbling and not that into the FE idea would walk into LHS and ask what was available in electric. He might find a Traxxas Villian on the shelf. Today you can get some quick boats off the shelf but OSE has made truly diabolically fast electrics available to more than just knowledgeable racer nuts.

Still today, I dare you to go in and ask what boat you need to run P mono. Not gonna happen. The kid behind the counter is going to say "P what"? .....or Q sport, P limited hydro, P limited cat. 99% wont know what motors are legal for P limited either. If Steven is asked a question he doesn't know the answer to, he has knowledgeable FE record holders on speed dial.

There is a notion by some that "on-line" businesses are bringing about the demise of the small business. There is some truth to that. My inspiration for this post is to point out that this particular on-line business has helped expand this silly hobby for both FE racers and sport boaters.

Group hug fellas.

kfxguy
05-10-2016, 10:11 AM
I'm very thankful for this site. I would not have come near as far as I have without it. Nor met all the great people I have.

shua
05-10-2016, 10:48 AM
Here Here! OSE rocks.
Just placed an order this morning!

Tamelesstgr
05-10-2016, 11:25 AM
I just ordered yesterday, all ready shipped, can't wait. Probably 75% finished with my build, this will get me over the finish line. Thanks Steve for all you do!

TRUCKPULL
05-10-2016, 12:27 PM
DITTO - DITTO -Every thing that Terry said.
Steven is the BEST.

Larry

StevenBryant
05-10-2016, 12:42 PM
Without this site I would not be running FE at all, thanks to Steve but also thanks to all the members who have helped me out without realising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T.S.Davis
05-10-2016, 01:41 PM
Without this site I would not be running FE at all, thanks to Steve but also thanks to all the members who have helped me out without realising.

I don't think you're alone.

Travis (kfxguy) is a prime example of a sport guy that has reached some crazy speeds from reading, trial, error, test, ask, read some more. Coupled with access to equipment, he's found a ways to get where he wants to go. He's not finding that gear at the local hobby shop.

When I needed a Neu 2217 and a 2215 I didn't go into my local brick and mortar store. I sent an email to Steven to see how long it would take him to get them. My local hobby shop had no idea what I was talking about. Is that a Castle motor?

I'm not suggesting we not support our local hobby stores. By all means, do that when you can. I'm in there all the time. First name basis with the owners of multiple stores. I just don't think it's fair to lump every on line store in with the rest of the home wreckers like some do.

Doby
05-10-2016, 02:02 PM
Wow Terry...sucking up a bit are we????? (must want lots of freebies for the Cup)

Steve is a bum an a degenerate, but he's the best bum and degenerate there is in this hobby (as far as suppliers go).:patriot::thumbup1:
There's a reason OSE still exists today and others don't.

P.S....Lots of other bums and degenerates in the world as well (most are in Michigan, one in Georgia).

Darin Jordan
05-10-2016, 02:09 PM
Everytime I go into our LHS and ask for anything (not that often do I do that these days), they always say "we can order than in for you"....

Ummmm.... :doh:

T.S.Davis
05-10-2016, 02:20 PM
Wow Terry...sucking up a bit are we????? (must want lots of freebies for the Cup)

No class man. I wise man recently said to me "In order for me to be offended, I would first have to respect your opinion". See where I'm going with this?

For those that don't know, John and I are hard on each other in person too.

grsboats
05-10-2016, 07:41 PM
Not only that but everytime I ask him for help..... he's there......ordered a Leo motor one week ago and motor hit the front door today...and man this is a quite long trip to San Paulo..we are lucky to have this kind of support for our hobby/sport.
Gill

Doby
05-10-2016, 07:56 PM
Not only that but everytime I ask him for a ................................he's ready to help ......ordered a Leo motor one week ago and motor hit the front door today...and man this is a quite long trip to San Paulo..we are lucky to have this kind of support for our hobby/sport.
Gill

Possibly not the best thing to post in an open forum....:zip-up:

Brushless55
05-10-2016, 08:55 PM
Yes and Yes :thumbup1:
I want to give a big high five to all my FE friends here on OSE and a big shout out to Steven for his site..
I would not have come near as far as I have if it was not for you-all along with my friends in Pueblo. District 20 may only have about 20% of the FE boats that it has running today, if any.. LOL (true:wink:)
OSE has also helped me with building some pretty fast planes, cars, and Trucks !
Many thought electric was stupid.... but OSE kicked back! :bash:
with all the great information that OSE has in these many pages, FE racing has become pretty big in my area and into Utah and Wyoming, and I always point new FErs to Offshoreelectrics to BUY stuff from Steven !
This really is the place to get your FE fix and the shipping for parts rocks !
Thank you again OSE !! :rockon2:

grsboats
05-11-2016, 06:19 AM
Sorry...you're right and Correction Done.

lars_01
05-11-2016, 07:56 AM
Copy on all! Steven is the Fe-boat man, never had any problems with my orders.

IRON-PAWW
05-13-2016, 01:48 AM
Yes - local hobby shops haven't quite got the product knowledge that exists here. Plus, many in my neck of the woods want a small fortune for many things. Lipos for a start..... I try & support my LH stores as much as possible but there's a limit. OSE is always the fallback if local peeps & websites can't help. And yes...... actually having things in stock helps big time! I get things quicker from here than most local biz.

ray schrauwen
05-13-2016, 09:06 AM
Everytime I go into our LHS and ask for anything (not that often do I do that these days), they always say "we can order than in for you"....

Ummmm.... :doh:

Yup.

The thing is I was told by a LHS owner that they made the most $$ on replacement and mod parts compared to actual kits. There are always boats on the shelf...

Doby
05-13-2016, 11:20 AM
Do you still run boats Ray?

ray schrauwen
05-13-2016, 12:36 PM
Haven't run since I was with you last year.

Have not touched boat stuff since I had my Cheetah painted. Still sits empty.

Steven Vaccaro
05-13-2016, 01:36 PM
Im not one to pat myself on the back. But my brother Anthony is trying to teach me how, since he does it so well. Thats part of where the 5.5 bullet contest came from. I truly appreciate all the support from you guys over the years. Rock ON!

That being said, the forum is still busy but we cant rest on that. If you have any suggestions or additions that you would like to see on the forum, please suggest them on this thread and ill talk it over with the admin and moderators.

covedweller
06-12-2016, 02:00 PM
Proud to have them as the headline sponsor for the 2016 NAMBA FE Nationals!

Steven Vaccaro
06-12-2016, 09:18 PM
Thanks Frank. Glad to have the opportunity.

sjslhill
06-16-2016, 01:46 PM
Steve is one of kind, a great provider and good friend!