PDA

View Full Version : Ok go figure? Why is the Dollar becoming more valuable?

Steven Vaccaro
10-24-2008, 03:18 PM
The good news about the economy is the US dollar is becoming more valuable(well at least against the Euro). So European boat parts will decrease in price as new items are brought in! Yahoooo!

When I started OSE. The US dollar was worth about 15% less than the Euro. Than the Dollar kept declining, at one point it was worth about 1/2 the Euro!

ghostofpf1
10-24-2008, 03:42 PM
I think it has something to do with their currencies devaluing along side ours due to the stock market crash.:crying:
Ghost

Flying Scotsman
10-24-2008, 04:54 PM
It has do with a retreat from all the fund managers bailing from equity funds for cash and then buying the Yen or the US dollar. The Canadian dollar has fallen from $1.09 to $0.79 in 3 months to the US dollar.
Not good guys. Tons of guys with cash and what do we do with it?
Chrysler on the verge of chapter 11...GM stock at $3.00. Where are the jobs to be found?

Douggie

AndyKunz
10-24-2008, 05:57 PM
BUY LOW! Stocks are on sale now. If you got cash, BUY. The sale won't last long.

Just be smart about which companies you buy into. Look for ones with experienced management teams who are poised for the recovery. Homes WILL return (albeit more slowly than the bubble rose) as will ones in energy (especially solar).

If I had a few million laying around, I know where I'd put them. SUNPOWER and CYPRESS.

Andy

Flying Scotsman
10-24-2008, 06:11 PM
BUY LOW! Stocks are on sale now. If you got cash, BUY. The sale won't last long.

Just be smart about which companies you buy into. Look for ones with experienced management teams who are poised for the recovery. Homes WILL return (albeit more slowly than the bubble rose) as will ones in energy (especially solar).

If I had a few million laying around, I know where I'd put them. SUNPOWER and CYPRESS.

Andy

Andy, a few million :eek:

AndyKunz
10-24-2008, 06:30 PM
That's how strongly I believe in it. Man, when tuna fish is on sale, don't you stock up?

Andy

Eyekandyboats
10-24-2008, 06:36 PM
Buy everything now then steven. it will be back up soon. it will all level out again.

Doozie870
10-24-2008, 10:29 PM
"Ok go figure? Why is the Dollar becoming more valuable?"

We are a country of consumers, the dollars gain is short lived for the elections buy while you can.

Bigmaxy
10-26-2008, 03:34 AM
On the flipside, The US dollar is incredibly strong against the Aussie$, I've been known to spend quite a bit of cash worldwide on my hobbies in USD.

This has now ceased until things improve re USD:AUD.

So my money is now staying either in Aus or worse still for the economy in my pocket. :huh:

AndyKunz
10-26-2008, 09:11 AM
It's the Kiwis' fault - they're moving to Oz to take over your country and make it as eco-friendly as theirs.

Kalifornia did it to Oregon and now Washington - watch out!

Andy