PDA

View Full Version : Q: installing 8" carbon battery trays in Cheetah

ray schrauwen
04-21-2016, 06:51 PM
I have some nice battery trays to install however, even with the extra pieces to glue to the bottom of the trays, the trays will not sit flat in the sponsons.

What do some people use to mount trays onto such odd surfaces and keep them flat? Wood blocks, ????

kfxguy
04-21-2016, 07:55 PM
I use either extra pieces of those carbon tabs or I cut other pieces of carbon plate to space it.

ray schrauwen
04-21-2016, 08:15 PM
Ok, thought maybe I was doing something wrong.

Your health good? Mines OK. Still doing physio to get the heart mended. If only I could get rid of some stress....

kfxguy
04-21-2016, 08:43 PM
Ok, thought maybe I was doing something wrong.

Your health good? Mines OK. Still doing physio to get the heart mended. If only I could get rid of some stress....

I'm at the three week mark today from surgery. I'm getting much better. They started me on cardiac rehabilitation this past Friday. I go three days a week. My heart rate on the treadmill has dropped by over 15 beats per minute and on the bike and elliptical its dropped over 20 beats per minute after only 4 sessions. So I've made some serious recovery in three weeks. As a test today when I got home I got back on my treadmill and set it to a 5mph running pace. I just went for one minute just to see the difference, before I would start to get out of breath in less than 45 seconds and now it didn't bother me at all. I literally could have just kept going, which is something I've never been able to do as long as I can remember. I've been told it gets even better. I guess the working out 4-5 times per week I've done has sort of helped my recovery go faster. I just don't like the clicking I always hear from the mechanical valve.....but I guess it's better that I DO hear it clicking lol.

ray schrauwen
04-22-2016, 11:38 AM
Good to hear. I need to exercise more often in between physio dates. All I can use are my arms being in a wheelchair.

It's finally warm enough to put some miles on the chair outside and do outside activities. Going to run boats soon, well needed therapy.

jaike5
04-22-2016, 02:51 PM
Hey Ray, hope all is well.
In my T, Q, spec cats I put .5" of pool noodle flat foam in the bottom, stuff noodles all the way up in the sponsons to where the batteries are for cog. cut a space in the next noodle for batteries then fill with more noodle all the way to the back. cut a wedged piece to fit over top of the batteries . makes a nice pocket, put another noodle beside the battery, batteries stay put and lot of floatation.
Cheers, Jay.

ray schrauwen
04-22-2016, 08:26 PM
I forgot you did that. I might give that a go since it just enhances flotation.

ray schrauwen
04-22-2016, 08:42 PM
How do you make COG changes, more wedges?

jaike5
04-23-2016, 05:58 PM
Yes, in the pocket slide batteries to where you want them. Put wedges in front and in back of the packs and on top to hold in place, and away you go once you find your sweet spot make a permanent wedge for
Cheers, Jay.