PDA

View Full Version : What Prop?

jfabcustom
10-20-2008, 10:06 PM
What kind of props have you guys tried?

I tried this 27mm prop on my first run with an Ammo 2700Kv motor@ 11.1v http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=mcr-3627
It seemed to torque roll quite a bit. I don't see this problem getting any better with the X430 I just ordered, but hopefully it's faster. Top speed seemed a little slow compared to others I've seen. also a little sluggish out of the hole.

ferreret
10-24-2008, 02:39 AM
I use a 2700 turnigy brushless and a water cooler turnigy ESC(I buy it in www.hobbycity.com), and I buy the Grimracer prop 36x55. The prop fits on the prop shaft, but is to long and I must to use the dremel to make it a little shorter. Now I'm very happy with it. The boat have extrem top speed, and must be careful with the trottle. In this moment I must to modified the rudders, because is not hard enough. I don't have video of my boat, but in a few weeks I will do it (I have had many ideas to customized many things of the boat). Sorry about my english, because I'm from Spain (Mallorca island).

jfabcustom
10-24-2008, 03:15 PM
Right on man. thanks for the input. I don't have any video of mine yet either, but I will post one when I do.