PDA

View Full Version : HSC Now has Turbo Allison Kit Available!!

Coug90
02-26-2016, 06:26 PM
I got the 1:10 Scale Turbo Allison prototype is done! It turned out even better than I expected. It is certainly going to weigh a little more than the basic Allison and the Merlin dummy motors, but with all the extra pipes and turbos, it's to be expected. I'll weigh it and provide that info soon. I just wanted to show you how it turned out before I post it on the web site. As in the other two motors, the stacks and turbo parts will be offered separately too. I haven't priced them yet, but they will be little more than the Merlin and Allison stacks just because there are more parts and time involved in making them. I hope you like the pics. Email me if you need something, thanks. Happy Building!!

JimClark
02-26-2016, 06:28 PM
Nice Mitch

Coug90
02-29-2016, 03:32 PM
I got the Turbo Allison prototype on the scale today. It weighed in at 4.2 ounces (119 grams). Now I'm thinking about my favorite boats that ran that engine. The turbo setup can be assembled to the front or the rear of the engine, so the options on boats is large. Of course, I like the U-3 Master Tire as the most modern option. That is followed closely by the round nosed, front cockpit Vans PX from the early 80's. I've been thinking about building that thing since I started in the hobby in '93. I'm running out of good excuses as to why I haven't yet. Happy Building Everyone!! Let me know if you need anything.