PDA

View Full Version : Modified and repainted BJ26 BL

HappyOne
10-18-2008, 12:31 PM
I did most of the same mods that PropNutt43 has detailed with the exception of refitting the stuffing tube or remounting the fins, (i just cut mine down and sharpened them). I also went with True RC 7.4V 8000Mah Lipos which give a 10 to 12 minute run without any heat issues at all. I am still tuning and trying different props. So far I have measured 36.7 Mph but figure I can get to the low 40's with some more tuning.

The pond that I run at isn't very big so you can't run flat out and straight for very long before you have to turn. It also has periodic weed issues which messes up the speed and steering. Oh well, it is close :biggrin:

The paint job was done with Testors enamel rattle cans and some pin stripe tape. Don't cheap out on the masking tape - the auto refinishing stuff is worth the extra money. I also had Chris at Raceline Digital do the 'Checkerboard Racing' lettering.

ZarkSniper
10-19-2008, 01:59 AM
Nice. Lots of ideas there for me.

The batteries...are they 20C and how are they working for you?

OJ racer
10-19-2008, 09:35 AM
Why don't you use the water pickup in the rudder? It would have less drag.

HappyOne
10-19-2008, 10:17 PM
They are actually 10C's but given the 8000 mah capacity, they can support 80A continuous or 120A peak with an ESC that will only peak at 55A.

As for the water pickup, I used the one in the rudder but it didn't provide enough flow.

HappyOne
10-19-2008, 10:22 PM
Oh yea, today's run saw 39.8 Mph peak on the GPS just by raising the prop a little and warming the batteries before the run.