PDA

View Full Version : Ebay and paypal SUCK!!!!!!

Spot Me 2
10-17-2008, 07:17 PM
I just sold something on ebay and the buyer used paypal. No paypal is holding the money for 21 days, but I am so post to ship it now. It paypals new safety policy. I will get the money faster if the buyer leaves me positive feedback.
This will be my last sale on ebay!!!!!!!! We all know that sometimes buyers just don't leave feedback or it tacks them a while to get around to it. I have 100% feedback on selling over 75 items. This is no longer good enough. Paypal feels the need to now hold the money someone sends you for 21 days.
I am DONE with paypal and ebay. They rape you twice by charing you to sell and then charge you to collect the money. Now they rape you a third time by holding the money. :ThumbsDown01::ThumbsDown01::ThumbsDown01:
I jst wanted to let people know who haven't sold anything on the bay for a while.

SJFE
10-17-2008, 07:33 PM
Ive never had that happen to me yet. Something has got to be up with the payment. Your buyer may have not had the funds in his account and it came back making his paypal account negative. Call them.

rockwerks
10-17-2008, 07:41 PM
Ive never had that happen to me yet. Something has got to be up with the payment. Your buyer may have not had the funds in his account and it came back making his paypal account negative. Call them.

Sounds about right to me. spot you may have an issue with your account. Ive sold and bought a ton of stuff off of ebay and with paypal and never had that issue. He may have paid with an e check.............and no you dont have to ship until the money is deposited....someone may be trying to scam you, it may not be ebay or paypal in the emails........check the info in the headers of the emails.

post up a copy

Spot Me 2
10-17-2008, 07:59 PM
He has the money in his account. I called and they said this is a "NEW" policy of Ebay because I am not a power seller. I have sold a ton of things before also. This is new. It only applies to things sold on ebay, not on funds transfered for selling elseware like here. I contacted Ebay to find out about this. I am waiting to here back.

Spot Me 2
10-17-2008, 08:00 PM
From my paypal account.

Pending Balance

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currency : U.S. Dollar

Balance Type Amount
Minimum : $0.00 USD
Reserves : $0.00 USD
Gift Certificates : $0.00 USD
Payment Review Holds: $0.00 USD
Payment hold for eBay item: $130.07 USD
Total Pending Balance: $130.07 USD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We're holding the funds for 1 payment that you've received for items sold on eBay.

The total amount on hold in your account is: $130.07 USD

PayPal and eBay are working together to make payments for eBay items even safer. Because we want both buyers and sellers to feel confident about sending and receiving payments through PayPal, we may temporarily hold payments for items sold on eBay.

Make sure to ship the item right away, so you'll have access to the funds sooner. We'll release the hold in 21 days unless you receive a dispute, claim, chargeback, or reversal on the transaction subject to the hold. We may release the hold earlier if either of the following occurs:

The buyer leaves you positive feedback on eBay.
We confirm that the item was delivered.* We can confirm delivery if you ship the item with USPS, FedEx, or UPS and either use PayPal shipping labels or upload tracking information from the transaction details page. This applies to transactions within the United States.
Additional hold period

If you receive a dispute, claim, chargeback, or reversal on the transaction subject to the hold, we may hold the payment until the problem is resolved.

Learn more about the PayPal policy for payments holds on eBay items.

* This applies to US domestic transactions that are shipped by USPS, FedEx, or UPS and either (i) use PayPal shipping labels to ship items or (ii) provide tracking information to PayPal.

rockwerks
10-17-2008, 08:12 PM
From my paypal account.

Pending Balance

Currency : U.S. Dollar

Balance Type Amount
Minimum : $0.00 USD
Reserves : $0.00 USD
Gift Certificates : $0.00 USD
Payment Review Holds: $0.00 USD
Payment hold for eBay item: $130.07 USD
Total Pending Balance: $130.07 USD

We're holding the funds for 1 payment that you've received for items sold on eBay.

The total amount on hold in your account is: $130.07 USD

PayPal and eBay are working together to make payments for eBay items even safer. Because we want both buyers and sellers to feel confident about sending and receiving payments through PayPal, we may temporarily hold payments for items sold on eBay.

Make sure to ship the item right away, so you'll have access to the funds sooner. We'll release the hold in 21 days unless you receive a dispute, claim, chargeback, or reversal on the transaction subject to the hold. We may release the hold earlier if either of the following occurs:

The buyer leaves you positive feedback on eBay.
We confirm that the item was delivered.* We can confirm delivery if you ship the item with USPS, FedEx, or UPS and either use PayPal shipping labels or upload tracking information from the transaction details page. This applies to transactions within the United States.
Additional hold period

If you receive a dispute, claim, chargeback, or reversal on the transaction subject to the hold, we may hold the payment until the problem is resolved.

Learn more about the PayPal policy for payments holds on eBay items.

* This applies to US domestic transactions that are shipped by USPS, FedEx, or UPS and either (i) use PayPal shipping labels to ship items or (ii) provide tracking information to PayPal.

This was on our account? or in an email?

Spot Me 2
10-17-2008, 08:14 PM
On my paypal account!!! I called and talk to a person at paypal. They said this is ebay's new policy.

rockwerks
10-17-2008, 08:16 PM
what is your ebay moniker? its says that you must have had negative feedback to hold the funds

Paypal says the factors that will play into its formula for triggering a hold include the length of time a seller has been on eBay, the seller's feedback rating, and the final cost and shipping fees for the item.

just dont take paypal any longer, this will kill their business.

Id cancel the auction and refuse the payment from paypal

Spot Me 2
10-17-2008, 08:32 PM
I don't have any negitive feedback and have been on ebay for 6 years. I guess the final cost must be too much???
My ebay name is notforsale328.

Diegoboy
10-17-2008, 08:41 PM
I sold a sidekick slide this morning. Listed it this morning, sold it this morning. Paypal went directly to my account. I shipped it this morning, I used the funds to buy a Jet drive for the Fastech! :cool2:
No "new" policy applied to me! He must have used an e-check or some sort of escro type thing.

ghostofpf1
10-17-2008, 08:41 PM
Sounds like a ploy for ebay to get 21 days free interest on your dough...:ThumbsDown01:

Ghost

Spot Me 2
10-17-2008, 08:48 PM
The buyer used an instant transfer. Paypal has the money. He didn't use a echeck. The money is just sitting there. I don't know what the problem is.

Spot Me 2
10-17-2008, 08:50 PM
I sold a sidekick slide this morning. Listed it this morning, sold it this morning. Paypal went directly to my account. I shipped it this morning, I used the funds to buy a Jet drive for the Fastech! :cool2:
No "new" policy applied to me! He must have used an e-check or some sort of escro type thing.
I got paid tonight. Maybe the policy just started. I don't know what the problem is. I do know its holding up a member on here from selling something!!!

Spot Me 2
10-17-2008, 09:04 PM
OK. I called back and talked to someone in the U.S. this time. It seems I have had too many buyers not leave feedback in the last 6 months, so ebay flagged my account as high risk.
I have no negitive feedback, but I am highrisk??? because lazy people don't leave feedback?? I think I am done with ebay!!!!!!

teach
10-17-2008, 09:05 PM
http://forums.ebay.com/db1/thread.jspa?threadID=510025468&tstart=0&mod=1223654264640

rockwerks
10-17-2008, 09:51 PM
time to check out alternatives for us here........how about google checkout?

Spot Me 2
10-22-2008, 04:31 PM
Update. The buyer left me positive feedback last night. The money is still on hold. I called to find out why. It will take paypal 3 days to clear the hold. The company has become a complete joke!!!

Norcal2500HD
10-24-2008, 12:33 AM
I have 2 friends that work for paypal and even they refuse to use it. It is nice having someone on the inside to take care of issues though....

Meniscus
10-24-2008, 01:42 AM
First of all, what number do you have where you spoke to someone in the US? SHARE SHARE SHARE!!!!

Second, what happened to the good old global yard sale? I miss that...

Third, I vote you hold their money on/for your future sales. (think "Office Space")

Meniscus
10-24-2008, 01:45 AM
You could always try ;)

Maybe you can bill them for the difference of opportunity cost! And you're sure they aren't in real estate?

OK, I'll stop now... :laugh:

Boatman
05-02-2009, 10:14 PM
I got this tonight. Sold something on ebay and payment was sent and is now ON HOLD SHIP NOW from paypal. FOR 21 DAYS. What a load. I am refunding the money to buyer and will never sell on ebay again. YES, NEVER. I have almost 50 rating 100% on ebay and they want to hold my money. I called them and they said to use other funding source to print shipping label. F them.

Ub Hauled
05-03-2009, 12:00 AM
I just bough something on fleabay, and the buyer never complained. When one buys via PP the money is released right away, there is no cooling off period... the buyer gets the money a few minutes after the transaction. This leads me to think that if the buyer sends funds linked to their bank accounts directly it should not be a problem, if they use a credit card, debit or any other means where the money stays in "escrow" for a while it is a problem until it clears. They cannot hold your money if there was actual funding, that is borderline illegal.
Now flagging your account as suspicious just cause someone got lazy is bull... that's ridiculous (to keep it PG).

Ub Hauled
05-03-2009, 12:02 AM
I have 2 friends that work for paypal and even they refuse to use it. It is nice having someone on the inside to take care of issues though....

This is very interesting... w/o giving is any names, can you give us some insights?
I'd like to know the company that has a lot of my personal info a bit better... since the customer ph# is nearly impossible to find, this would be a good way for us to know something.
Thanks in advance.

domwilson
05-03-2009, 12:16 AM
Google'd this info. for Paypal customer service...

Toll Free for Business/Premier, USA & Canada: 1-888-221-1161 / 1-888-204-4481

Personal Accounts: 1-402-935-2050

PayPal UK: 0870 7307 191

They are open between the following hours:

4:00 AM PDT to 10:00 PM PDT Monday through Friday
6:00 AM PDT to 8:00 PM PDT on Saturday and Sunday

Ub Hauled
05-03-2009, 12:25 AM
Excellent!!!!

beatyourtruck
05-03-2009, 01:19 AM
Hmmm....I just bought a boat a couple of weeks ago, payment was sent and received right away and they shipped right away. No problems at all. I have been using ebay and pp for many years. Perhaps I slipped inside of this new "policy" or something else is going on? There might be some new equation that they are using comparing number of purchases & sales/feedbacks received/time frame?

I HATE the new feedback system where you can not leave negative feedback!?! What!?!?! that in itself is crazy...why even have feedback if you can not call out a bad seller/buyer?!?!?

AndyKunz
05-04-2009, 11:00 AM
It's because you haven't done enough business, and it's clearly explained.

As soon as you get the positive feedback, your money will magically appear in your PayPal account.

I used PayPal for years for my business and it was ALWAYS great to deal with them. Maybe pumping $30K a year through them made them like me more, but they were always good to deal with. I have friends who make a living from ebay who otherwise wouldn't be able to provide well for their families. It's a fantastic tool and enabler.

Next time, read the fine print. It's not in bold, but it's not in micro print either.

Andy

Boatman
05-04-2009, 06:35 PM
Well it has nothing to do with bank acct, e-check, transaction numbers. It is just random. You guys will find out if you sell on ebay. It doesnt happen all the time. You WILL find out. It is over and it is what it is. My wife does almost 40K a year through them and when its direct from person to person it does not appy. Only through ebay. You will see someday, and you will then be on this very thread...

AndyKunz
05-05-2009, 08:56 AM
It isn't random, dude! Check out the ebay policy. If you have a low rating (ie, you haven't sold enough and had good feedback) you wait EITHER 3 weeks or until you get a good rating for that transaction, and then the money appears. Until last year I did 30K/year selling ESCs thru PayPal and it was never held BECAUSE it wasn't thru ebay. A few months ago I was selling off a bunch of kits and because I don't use ebay much I had to wait up to 3 weeks for the first few payments to be cleared (one guy took 2 weeks to send my feedback because he didn't buy much and didn't know the policy).

Andy

Boatman
05-05-2009, 05:48 PM
ok dude. 50 transactions is low I guess and 100% is pretty bad I suppose as well. sorry.

EDIT::: through paypal it doesnt apply. just ebay. Your cool Andy Its just a sore subject cause I have never screwed anyone and I feel I am punished.

AndyKunz
05-05-2009, 05:59 PM
I know how you feel. I felt punished too - what it really reminds me is that caveat emptor is really important on ebay!

You're being punished for the idiots out there. It's the same as having FICA taxes that we all have to pay because some people will spend their paycheck on cigarettes instead of saving some for the future.

What frustrated me was one guy kept sending me e-mail msgs telling me how wonderful I was for shipping quickly (I kept asking him to send feedback) but wouldn't click on the right icon on ebay. I had to send pix of the ebay screens before it clicked in his brain.

I'm going to get whacked for the same thing again when I sell a handful of engines, since I haven't used ebay in months (I go in spurts, when cleaning out closets, etc.).

There's an explanation screen somewhere like "why is my money on hold" and they tell you because you don't have the transactions recently enough, etc.

The upside is that as soon as the buyer sends positive feedback, your money shows up (same day) for that transaction. It doesn't have to take 3 weeks if the buyer knows how to use ebay properly.

Andy

egneg
05-05-2009, 07:19 PM
I have used paypal quite a bit but will not use fleabay anymore because they have gotten to big. There are to many alternatives.

AndyKunz
05-06-2009, 12:55 PM
They're the same company.

Andy

egneg
05-06-2009, 03:24 PM
They're the same company.

Andy

The same but different and investors want paypal spun off from ebay.

jeff180
05-06-2009, 03:29 PM
This has happened to me as well. Ive got 78 transactions and 100% feedback but I sold an lcd
projector for ~$250 and they held the money. I called paypal and its a new policy for high risk items and categories over a certain dollar amount.