PDA

View Full Version : Snow Cat

PowerDemon
01-24-2016, 08:19 PM
Well here in Virginia we just had a big snow storm that left us with a little more than a foot of powder. So I decided that it would be prudent to take my cat for a run in the snow lol. Here are some pics. Got a little GoPro action as well https://youtu.be/VfURx24eY14. Top speed was 33mph. Enjoy!

eboat
01-25-2016, 12:08 AM
Fun time

I have done this before with a cat and a shovel nose (take the turn fin off)
Just do not let off the gas till you are back close to where you are standing :)
Seems funny to drive a boat over a little hill and you can not see it till it comes up the other side

kfxguy
01-25-2016, 07:40 AM
Awesome! I think I'd rather do this with a rtr boat than that beauty tho! I bet a bigger prop would move it even better.

PowerDemon
01-25-2016, 08:20 AM
Fun time

I have done this before with a cat and a shovel nose (take the turn fin off)
Just do not let off the gas till you are back close to where you are standing :)
Seems funny to drive a boat over a little hill and you can not see it till it comes up the other side

Thats awesome! Yeah I agree, its a very strange feeling when you can’t see it because of a hill. I let of the gas several times because I was afraid I couldn't turn it. I had to walk out several times to go flip it around and give it a boost. It was interesting, I used the 5518/3 and it took awhile to “plane” but once it was there it wouldn’t really turn up. At about %90 throttle the motor sounded like it was turning %50 of its rpm. I think this is result of the fact that the strut had to be very low to get traction in the snow. The snow was so hard that the boat would sit on top of the snow. So I had to lower the strut significantly. Regardless it was a lot of fun.