PDA

View Full Version : proboat zealous? 48"

angrycat
01-22-2016, 01:15 PM
soo has anyone heard anything about these? just looked on the website and you can grab a hull for just over 300... not that i want a boat that big running a single drive but since i know my blackjacks handle fairly decent chop for their size and hug turns fairly well for a rtr i was just wondering if it would be able to handle roughly 4-6 in chop that we find out on my lake a lot. i like the zondas but at only 41" they bounce around a bit....

rayzerdesigns
01-22-2016, 01:30 PM
They can handle it.. They sell rtr for 999

angrycat
01-22-2016, 01:46 PM
yeah but id put my own electronics in it anyway lol, im just trying to decide between single or dual drive pretty much, i know money is the factor but if im spending the money i might as well spend it in the right place. ive been looking at tfl and hpr for a long time, trying to find a nice rough water cat hull that isnt going to cost more than my full size car lol

kfxguy
01-22-2016, 02:34 PM
They sell artr twin zondas in the ose store. In stock.
I'm pretty sure if you run two 6s packs in the zonda it will have enough weight to handle decent chop at moderate to lower speeds. Understand your not going to run 100 in 6" chop lol

Fiberglass
http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=ose-80250-1133-P

Carbon fiber.

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=ose-80250-1133

angrycat
01-22-2016, 04:19 PM
yeah i know but i wanted something in the 45-55 inch range since i already have a 29/30" which is fine for most of what i do but occasionally during the summer my uncle will pull his 55" deep v mono out of the basement and that thing can handle anything. i just have a love affair with catamaran hulls and want something that can literally go out in any kind of weather and have fun. my bj29 is fun for just about glass calm but windy days and semi chop means your packing it up or looking for a different spot to run

angrycat
01-22-2016, 04:20 PM
more or less im looking for a bigger hull that will cut through the waves instead of bouncing around wildly

Rafael_Lopez
01-25-2016, 12:48 PM
They sell artr twin zondas in the ose store. In stock.
I'm pretty sure if you run two 6s packs in the zonda it will have enough weight to handle decent chop at moderate to lower speeds. Understand your not going to run 100 in 6" chop lol

Fiberglass
http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=ose-80250-1133-P

Carbon fiber.

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=ose-80250-1133
Sorry, but that boat will require more work to the hull that the Zelos will; reinforcement. I guarantee no extra fiberglass reinforcement necessary on the Zelos hull, but on a custom build I know many will opt for the extra piece of mind. Also, that boat will never handle a turn at WOT like the Zelos can. If you held the 2 side by side, you would know which one is built for the long haul, with no extra work to the hull required, out of the box.

I have an extra Zelos hull that I am working on making a twin. I will not be laying down any extra reinforcement in the hull. I will start a thread when I get it far enough. I'll be using 2 sets of the stock electronics, on 8s each.

kfxguy
01-25-2016, 01:54 PM
yeah i know but i wanted something in the 45-55 inch range since i already have a 29/30" which is fine for most of what i do but occasionally during the summer my uncle will pull his 55" deep v mono out of the basement and that thing can handle anything. i just have a love affair with catamaran hulls and want something that can literally go out in any kind of weather and have fun. my bj29 is fun for just about glass calm but windy days and semi chop means your packing it up or looking for a different spot to run

Do you run in more chop than this? And how fast you wanna go? It was really windy that day and it would have blown over had I gone faster than the 85 seen here. This is only a 37" boat. Post a video of the chop you run in.

http://youtu.be/TwtBT_hS14I

ls1fst98
01-27-2016, 01:30 PM
he said 4-6" chop, that video is barely a 2 inch chop if that. honestly, for that rough of water id go with a mono that size, cats arent really made to cut through waves like a mono is. they are designed to glide over the water.

that being said, if you are set on a cat, a zelos does seem to be a good choice for those water conditions. i have a 51" cat that i run in some pretty serious chop and its a blast. (up to 1ft waves in the river) but be prepared to retrieve it a lot.

kfxguy
01-27-2016, 01:38 PM
he said 4-6" chop, that video is barely a 2 inch chop if that. honestly, for that rough of water id go with a mono that size, cats arent really made to cut through waves like a mono is. they are designed to glide over the water.

that being said, if you are set on a cat, a zelos does seem to be a good choice for those water conditions. i have a 51" cat that i run in some pretty serious chop and its a blast. (up to 1ft waves in the river) but be prepared to retrieve it a lot.

Right. I missed the 4-6" part but I'd still like to see what his chop he's wanting to run in looks like. Some people exaggerate and some people under state (not saying he's either or). If he's truly running in that rough of water, the bigger and heavier the better. And high speeds are pretty much out of the question in chop like that I would think. Mono would definitely be better.

Rafael_Lopez
01-27-2016, 01:39 PM
I tested the 48 in almost 12" chop and didn't see an issue. It's wide stance helps it navigate through rough water quite well. It's quite a hand full, but not unmanageable. Unfortunately I lost a lot of videos due to a bad SD card, but I will try and shoot a video in bad conditions as soon as we get some bad weather.

The conditions in Travis's video are like conditions in which I mostly tested the new 36" Twin, in which the fastest I got it was 65, stock. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P01Ou1nsiuQ

kfxguy
01-27-2016, 01:44 PM

Right. I missed the 4-6" part but I'd still like to see what his chop he's wanting to run in looks like. Some people exaggerate and some people under state (not saying he's either or). If he's truly running in that rough of water, the bigger and heavier the better. And high speeds are pretty much out of the question in chop like that I would think. Mono would definitely be better.

kfxguy
01-27-2016, 01:59 PM
I tested the 48 in almost 12" chop and didn't see an issue. It's wide stance helps it navigate through rough water quite well. It's quite a hand full, but not unmanageable. Unfortunately I lost a lot of videos due to a bad SD card, but I will try and shoot a video in bad conditions as soon as we get some bad weather.

The conditions in Travis's video are like conditions in which I mostly tested the new 36" Twin, in which the fastest I got it was 65, stock. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P01Ou1nsiuQ

That's a beautiful place to run at. Jealous. I had lots of wind fighting against me so I could not get on it all the way. I'd imagine a 48" hull could handle it with ease if it has enough weight to it. This boat is about 11lbs, how much does a zelos weigh?

Rafael_Lopez
01-27-2016, 02:12 PM
The lake where I run at is quite low. I say, maybe 10 feet low now. We used to get some good size chop, but now all we get is what you see in the video. If this El Nino the predict doesn't come soon I'll be testing in a blow up kiddie pool!

gfmarlin88
02-03-2016, 06:53 PM
Is there any time line to when we may expect a video or possible production of the 48 twin?

Rafael_Lopez
02-03-2016, 07:52 PM
A production 48 twin is not going to happen. The one I am building as a personal project will take some time; if I can even find time.

Jesse Flovin
06-05-2016, 08:12 PM
I would love too see that!