PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Michigan Cup June 24, 25, 26

T.S.Davis
01-18-2016, 05:40 PM
I've received a number of inquiries on this. Sorry guys. Been busy and out of town. I received a request for dates the week after the last Cup from the Elks lodge. I think they wanted to make sure we were in for another year.

There will indeed be a Michigan Cup in 2016. Open water on June 23 and racing for 3 days. 3 rounds per class. Classes haven't been pinned down yet but you can expect the usual fair. The range will be from SV27 to some form of T go fast debauchery.

So it will be at:
The Rochester North Oakland Elks Lodge
3100 Pond Road
Leonard, MI 48367

Let's see...... amenities:

The lodge has real honest to goodness bathrooms. You can actually bring wives and kids without grossing them completely out. I listed this first because the prota crappers......just ew.

There will be food available. Likely for purchase. If the budget allows and attendance is good the club tries to pick up a lunch or two. No guarantees on that. It would be rare for us to not pick up something for us.

After hours there is a huge deck and a complete Elks lodge available for fun and games. Pool table. Darts. Ping pong. Full bar (again, after hours).

There are a handful of camp sites available that have water hookup and electricity. Last year they wanted $10 per night to hook up but I totally failed to inform anyone of that. Sorry guys. I'm sure they'll be looking for the same donation. If you're interested in staying on site let me know as we'll need to plan accordingly. I'm close enough to commute but still enjoy staying on site. I hall in my 30' trailer. Usually end up with a half dozen boat morons in my trailer.

Others can surely point you to the best hotel options as they have tried many of them.

I don't think I'm going out on a limb saying this event is one of the premier FE events of the season. The competition is great but more importantly the camaraderie is absolutely top shelf. Very few have had a bad time at the cup.

We'll up date you here as more becomes available.

Hope to see you all at the races this summer.

ray schrauwen
01-18-2016, 06:51 PM
Yeaaay!!!!

photohoward1
01-18-2016, 07:31 PM
All set in the calendar. BIG T CLASSES OR OPEN. Cat Mono and Hydro. I have a New T cat to kick some but and a new T hydro to go for a 3 peat. LET THE TRASH TALK BEGIN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doby
01-18-2016, 07:33 PM
About friggin time....:patriot::canada:

jaike5
01-20-2016, 11:23 AM
Very cool, been wait'n for this to pop up. T - Cat ....... fast and wavy, can't wait ! good luck Howard.
Looks like the regular Canadians will be there to mix it up.:beerchug:
Cheers, Jay.:rockon2:

Ken Haines
01-20-2016, 12:32 PM
My family and I are all in for another great family weekend at the event.
Look forward to seeing everyone and having some more fun.
Hopefully we can even get into Canada this time to extend the family vacation.
Ken :bounce:

Doby
01-20-2016, 01:52 PM
Hopefully we can even get into Canada this time to extend the family vacation.

I'll make arrangements with Canada Customs to approve you this year. :spy:

Last year you pissed me off so I made sure you couldn't get in:just-kidding:

Ken Haines
01-20-2016, 03:23 PM
I'll make arrangements with Canada Customs to approve you this year. :spy:

Last year you pissed me off so I made sure you couldn't get in:just-kidding:

Thought that might be the reason.......lol
We should be all set and 100% of everything we need to
cross the border is now complete. Although they certainly loved searching
the boat trailer last year 4 times :(
Maybe I should have never dropped your name to them....:bounce:

T.S.Davis
01-20-2016, 03:40 PM
Last year you pissed me off so I made sure you couldn't get in

It might have had something to do with Ken trying to cross the border with a 105 pound trophy in the passenger seat. hahaha

Doby
01-25-2016, 10:13 PM
When are the sign ups on rc-racing events going to be up?

madmikepags
01-26-2016, 12:22 PM
I got a lot of racin planned this year and a lot of car racin too, really wanna fit this one in cause Ava n Nina LOVE kickin ur guys asses!!!!

Doby
01-26-2016, 01:35 PM
Well, at least two of the three Pags clan can drive.....

madmikepags
01-26-2016, 02:14 PM
OH I am not racing this year just pitting for the girls, maybe u got a chance to win a scale heat or cat heat!!!! Oh but wait Ava's gonna be driving my scale and Nina will be driving my BIG CAT!!! so you wont have a chance so so sorry :-(

T.S.Davis
01-26-2016, 02:31 PM
I have to say Mike, I've really enjoyed watching our kids progress.

madmikepags
01-26-2016, 04:11 PM
isn't it a blast?????

T.S.Davis
01-26-2016, 05:02 PM
Tyler is all in this year. Building him a big boy boat for this summer. We're hitting at least 2 travel races. Then the club. Although the cup is sort of a travel race for us too since we don't go him for 4 or 5 days. The third travel race for us seems to have fallen through. You hitting the nats too? Wonder what Douggie is up to.

photohoward1
01-26-2016, 09:25 PM
Mike. S and T Hydro. You are racing.

Doby
01-26-2016, 09:33 PM
Its a good thing Pags is "retiring" from racing at the cup....its good he realized his limitations finally:hide:

T.S.Davis
01-27-2016, 09:10 AM
haha I thought we were going to lose him at the nats. Although it was because I thought Regg might finally off him.

revoltrunner
01-27-2016, 11:25 AM
I guess I'll have to drive over and meet some of you guys.

Doby
01-27-2016, 12:48 PM
Don't just drive over...bring boats and join the craziness!!!

Doug Smock
01-27-2016, 01:28 PM
I guess I'll have to drive over and meet some of you guys.

You need to do that. This is a great group of guys that do this for the right reasons. Yes, enter some boats!!

revoltrunner
01-27-2016, 01:48 PM
I can only be there on the 24th. we have plans
the rest of that weekend. if I can shuffle some things
around I'll bring some boats.

Doby
01-27-2016, 04:15 PM
Hey, one day of stupid fun beats zero days!

rayzerdesigns
02-11-2016, 12:19 PM
Well im gonna try and make this happen this year.. Anyone want to pick me up from airport and or share room and transportation??

madmikepags
02-12-2016, 06:38 PM
yes ray I will, I'm probably gonna drive out myself, this year, no kids, they will be in camp. and I'll share lodging. Might just camp at the lake tho??? we will talk.

madmikepags
02-12-2016, 06:40 PM
Oh and any idea on the schedule and the classes yet?

Doby
02-19-2016, 11:39 AM
Thought you were retiring? Just going to be a pit man....floating off into the sunset???

madmikepags
02-20-2016, 07:53 PM
Ahhhhh NO!! kids actually going to camp this year and I will be attending alone, unfortunately, actually a little bummed as this is usually mine and my girls time alone in the summer.

jaike5
02-21-2016, 07:30 AM
Well That is a bummer, I enjoyed racing with the girls, and Deb was always pulling for them even though she is my pit chick !! I was also looking forward to racing the girls with the big boats this year, double bummer !! Maybe you could cry foul, and I mean cry, and bring the girls to the Can/Am. August 5,6,7, 2016. You Know team USA could really use there support in the Can/Am challenge for the Can/Am Cup. We do so well because dolby isn't on team Canada ! He never shows up and its in his own back yard, always has some sorry excuse.:nopity:

Race on :rockon2:

Cheers, Jay.

T.S.Davis
02-21-2016, 10:50 AM
Trouble with the Can am this year is that its on top of the FE Nat's date wise. I know at least Tom, Tyler and myself will be flying out to Seattle for that.

Mike, I'm surprised Ava is letting you out of sight with HER race boats.

T.S.Davis
02-21-2016, 10:59 AM
Finally got the flier put together. Classes are on there but not the actual schedule. It will likely be very close to last years schedule.

jaike5
02-21-2016, 03:28 PM
Well that's another bummer that you guy's can't make it. Hope the rest of the mmeu guy's can make it to the CanAm. Maybe the next years Nat's will be on the east coast or at least more central so more folks can get to it.

Cheers, Jay.

T.S.Davis
02-21-2016, 06:53 PM
Well, I already got that screwed up. A Mr Offshore award with only one offshore class. I'll get it fixed.

TRUCKPULL
02-21-2016, 07:41 PM
"P" Offshore
"P" Mono
"P" Sport Hydro

Larry

photohoward1
02-21-2016, 07:45 PM
"P" Offshore
"P" Mono
"P" Sport Hydro

Larry

I'm with Larry. Enough with the "P Spec".....How about more Man classes?

T.S.Davis
02-22-2016, 08:31 AM
We'll be adding not replacing. Sorry guys. Gotta do other crap that pays the bills before I can get back to it.

I'm 100% sure we wont have numbers for kids mono this year though.

Ken Haines
02-22-2016, 09:57 AM
We'll be adding not replacing. Sorry guys. Gotta do other crap that pays the bills before I can get back to it.

I'm 100% sure we wont have numbers for kids mono this year though.

:crying: .... This is Fede & Landon

rayzerdesigns
02-23-2016, 08:14 AM
No q mono??

T.S.Davis
02-23-2016, 08:58 AM
T mono. Q's run in T.

T.S.Davis
02-23-2016, 10:25 AM
Friday
Sv27
P lim offshore
P lim hydro
OPC
1/8 scale
P & Q cat
Kids mono

Saturday
T sprint (cat/mono)
P lim cat
P lim Sport
P offshore
1/8 scale
Q Sport
Kids mono

Sunday
T hydro
P Mono
P Sport
Q Offshore
P lim mono
1/10scale
Kids mono

Q and P Cat will run together and be scored separately. We'll pull them apart to run if we get the numbers.
1/10th Vintage and Modern same thing. Then with T sprint we'll be looking at those numbers too. If it makes sense to break out any one particular power group we will. Q mono for example. We haven't put an actual number of entries on it. It will be a judgement call.

Ken, if those kids want to run it I suppose we still could. It's on the schedule. I just figured Fede will be a seasoned vet by June. I'm just not sure about Landon. I'm not letting Ty run against them though. He nearly beat me on the season in P limited mono. Little turd. Came down to the last heat or two.

I moved some stuff around from last year but still the problem with P and P limited. Everyone wants to use the same boats and swap motors and such. Something's gotta give though so this is what we came up with. Sunday you'll need two mono or have to pick between limited and P. This option felt the least problematic as a P limited mono with just a fatty motor doesn't always pan out anyway.

New flier. Think I got it this time. 141087

photohoward1
02-23-2016, 12:46 PM
Is it posted on rcracingevents yet? I would assume if we get enough T Cats ot T Monos. That they would be split? Believe it or not we usually have at least 3 of each.

jaike5
02-23-2016, 01:25 PM
Would T- cat be on Sat, and T- Mono on Sunday ? Or is one of the T's offshore ?

Cheers, Jay.

T.S.Davis
02-23-2016, 03:05 PM
I screwed it up again Jay. Fixed. Sorry. I was trying to keep the big boats on separate days. The battery dance and all.

Howard, that makes sense to me. I'm thinking your right on the cat/mono numbers. I don't really like seeing 6+ T boats run together either. Nerve racking even if you're not racing. Plus the cavern that Ken leaves behind eats anything trailing it.

It's not on RC events yet. We didn't want to use it but we likely will for sign ups just because it shuffles heats so well. We likely wont use it for scoring. It's written for fuel races and any needs/desires that don't fit into that ancient box are our problem and not RCRE. It's kind of pricey to use just for shuffling heats but the new stuff we're going to can't do it yet.

T.S.Davis
02-23-2016, 03:06 PM
We'll have to see who is coming but I'm not sure 1/8 scale will make the cut this year believe it or not.

Ken Haines
02-23-2016, 03:23 PM
The schedule looks great....
can't wait to tell Fede about the Kids Mono race :)

Getting excited about the event again this year !

T.S.Davis
02-23-2016, 04:16 PM
We need to get him out for some other classes just for the exposure. Let him drive the Ricco ya sissy.

Doby
02-23-2016, 04:19 PM
:hide::frusty::frusty:Shhhhhiiiiiiiiiiittttttttzzz zzz....I'm just looking at my schedule...I may have double booked that weekend......

TRUCKPULL
02-23-2016, 10:08 PM
Double Booked - -
So what,
Get your priorities straight,
Lets go racing.

Larry

T.S.Davis
02-24-2016, 01:19 PM
:hide::frusty::frusty:Shhhhhiiiiiiiiiiittttttttzzz zzz....I'm just looking at my schedule...I may have double booked that weekend......

Tool. You know it's always the same weekend.

tjcast
03-04-2016, 01:57 AM
Got it straightened out

madmikepags
03-05-2016, 10:29 AM
OK couple of things, Bubblegum racing is always a sponsor, nothing on the flyer??? Scale will make the cut, from what i hear Smock will be coming and I have 2 entries, and maybe 3? Ken Joye? how bout you terry? no? Also if you could split P and Q cat because they are my 2 favorites!!!!!!! and I think we split them anyway after the first heat last year. T-cat and mono split would be great too!!!

tjcast
03-05-2016, 12:13 PM

Due to the way rcracingevents works :frusty: DO NOT send any payments until you get an invoice. You will only pay "entrant fee" once but since we have the event on 3 different signups, if you race on more than one day then rcracingevents wants to charge you "entrant fee" for each day :doh:. You will ONLY be charged once, but I have to do it manually :cursing:!

As always classes that are combined will be split IF we have enough entrants of both types to run them separately. Send an email to MMEUracing@gmail.com letting us know if you have boats to run in both classes. We will keep track and let people know if and when we get enough entrants to split the class.

Last year we split P & Q Cat before the race because we had enough of both to run separate.

madmikepags
03-05-2016, 06:41 PM
As I remember we split them because the P-cats were getting in the way of the Q-cats?

dethow
03-06-2016, 03:23 PM

Well that's a real shame you're ganna have to cancel something. See you at the races, right?

tjcast
03-07-2016, 10:39 PM
As always classes that are combined will be split IF we have enough entrants of both types to run them separately. Send an email to MMEUracing@gmail.com letting us know if you have boats to run in both classes. We will keep track and let people know if and when we get enough entrants to split the class.

as stated in post#53

If you want to enter P &/or Q Cat or T-Sprint (mono &/or cat) sign up for the class as is. When we get enough to split them, I will and if you follow the simple directions above, you will be placed in those classes and notified.

Tom

madmikepags
03-26-2016, 05:26 PM
I am signed up, my girls will not be attending this year.

TRUCKPULL
05-12-2016, 07:30 PM
How come there are only a few of the MI club guy's signed up??

Larry

T.S.Davis
05-12-2016, 08:27 PM
Because we suck. Ty and I just figured out our classes an hour ago.

ray schrauwen
05-13-2016, 09:12 AM
I don't think Wendy and I will be attending this event. Both of us have health issues and a plethora of other stressful events to deal with.
I would never be able to keep up.

Totally lost the passion for rc boating since the first meeting of nlmbc in 2015.

tjcast
05-13-2016, 10:02 AM
Really sorry to hear that Ray. I hope things get better for you and Wendy soon.

I don't think Wendy and I will be attending this event. Both of us have health issues and a plethora of other stressful events to deal with.
I would never be able to keep up.

Totally lost the passion for rc boating since the first meeting of nlmbc in 2015.

Doby
05-13-2016, 11:32 AM
Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it this year as well...SUCKS BIG TIME but I really FUBAR'd my schedule this year by committing to something else before engaging my brain into gear.

I apologize to all the Michigan Bozos for my stupidity...you guys do a lot of work to make us Kanadians feel welcomed.:usa:

I know you all will miss me:laugh:

T.S.Davis
05-13-2016, 03:38 PM
Awe that sucks guys. We understand though. Can't be everywhere. I had big plans for Seattle that are not looking good myself. We were going to make a whole family vacation out of it but the wife can't get the time off. We'll likely end up at the CanAm. Shorter gig and drive able. Maybe we'll catch you there John. Or you could zip over for a club race. haha

Ray, get better man. Take the time necessary. For your health, for Wendy's health and to let your nogg'n reboot. Feel no pressure from us idiots.

Oh and I promise you, every club has it's disagreements. Even our gang had some unsavory comments for each other at our first meeting of 2016. None of us were 100% correct. I expect your club to be similar. We do what we can, make mistakes, adjust, get smarter (hopefully). We absolutely all get it flat wrong from time to time.

jaike5
05-14-2016, 04:53 PM
Hi Ray,

sorry to hear your health issues are bogging you down. Take good care of that crazy nut Wendy, she is a real gem. Maybe you guys can make the CanAm, just do one class and enjoy the all the good things at a boat race, filter out the crap and have fun, hope this helps on the reboot. If you like we can go out on a Wednesday and do some testing to get your boats lined up, I'll do the all the running !!

Cheers, Jay & Deb

ray schrauwen
05-15-2016, 12:18 PM
Hi Ray,

sorry to hear your health issues are bogging you down. Take good care of that crazy nut Wendy, she is a real gem. Maybe you guys can make the CanAm, just do one class and enjoy the all the good things at a boat race, filter out the crap and have fun, hope this helps on the reboot. If you like we can go out on a Wednesday and do some testing to get your boats lined up, I'll do the all the running !!

Cheers, Jay & Deb

I may never run with NLMBC again. Several public apologies could possibly change this however hell isn't about to freeze over anytime soon.

jaike5
05-15-2016, 09:19 PM
Ray, this is such a small group, us rc boaters and there is bound to be differences in opinion and feelings will get hurt by thoughtless things being said , take it from me a guy with quite a case of foot in mouth disease ! lets get your boats tuned up if nothing else. Then race on! :rockon2:

Cheers, Jay.

madmikepags
05-16-2016, 04:46 PM
Bummer John and Ray I always enjoy hanging with u guys, I will miss both of you.
on another note my girls WILL be coming

Doby
05-16-2016, 09:01 PM
Thanks Mikey:

I really look forward to hanging out with you guys as well...:crying:

Steven Vaccaro
05-18-2016, 05:21 PM
That sucks, now that John and Ray arnt coming, Ill have to stay home.

T.S.Davis
05-18-2016, 10:20 PM
Awe come on Steve! Yer kill'n me. I think I'll start bugging Anthony instead. I think I got a better shot that way. Maybe your wife. That's how I got Smock up here. He had to show up to stop me from texting his wife.

Doug Smock
05-18-2016, 10:52 PM
That's true Steven. She felt sorry for him.:laugh:

madmikepags
05-19-2016, 03:47 PM
Maybe I'll just take a ride up to Boston just to "persuade" him to come!!!

Doug Smock
05-19-2016, 03:52 PM
Maybe I'll just take a ride up to Boston just to "persuade" him to come!!!

Steven, I'm saving this for your family and law enforcement just in case something unexplained happens to you.
Although I haven't witnessed anything personally, I've heard some stories about this individuals "friends".:wink:

Doby
05-19-2016, 04:43 PM
That sucks, now that John and Ray arnt coming, Ill have to stay home.

Awww...man, now I feel guilty...

Wait a minute, the feeling just went away!

T.S.Davis
05-19-2016, 04:52 PM
....you have feelings? Sissy.

Doby
05-19-2016, 05:37 PM
Putz....

Steven Vaccaro
05-20-2016, 08:36 AM
Ok, we are taking a inventory this weekend. I think we can have enough boats to play. But probably not competitive.

I will need lots of battery packs. whats everyone using these days? I want to stay clear of the Hyperion im selling due to voltage issues.

trigger
05-20-2016, 08:56 AM
I really wish I could make it out there to hang with the cool kids. I had planned on it, but my plans were changed for me.

Steve, the big brands are all good, Giants, Revos, Dinogy etc. My turnigys are OK, but they simply don't last like the others I've found.

Ken Haines
05-20-2016, 09:06 AM
Hi Steve,
Glad to hear you and the boys are coming. It will be great for us all to see each other again.
This is an annual can't miss event !!!
As I mentioned to you before this is one of the best if not the best race site in the country.
I am sure you have seen the pictures (most of them not showing Davis in a thong).
It is just a perfect set-up, the sheltered pond, plenty of room and the elks club overlooking the site.
Perfect place to race have fun and socialize. Does dot get dark till near 9:00 either.
Many battery options, I race mostly Thunder Power, but the Giant Power packs are very popular too.
mostly 65-70C 5000mah non HV packs by most of the racers as far as I know.
Getting excited about this years event, bringing the family again too,
See you soon,
Ken

Steven Vaccaro
05-20-2016, 09:16 AM
Hi Steve,
Glad to hear you and the boys are coming. It will be great for us all to see each other again.
This is an annual can't miss event !!!
As I mentioned to you before this is one of the best if not the best race site in the country.
I am sure you have seen the pictures (most of them not showing Davis in a thong).
It is just a perfect set-up, the sheltered pond, plenty of room and the elks club overlooking the site.
Perfect place to race have fun and socialize. Does dot get dark till near 9:00 either.
Many battery options, I race mostly Thunder Power, but the Giant Power packs are very popular too.
mostly 65-70C 5000mah non HV packs by most of the racers as far as I know.
Getting excited about this years event, bringing the family again too,
See you soon,
Ken

thanks for the info. who is selling the Giant power packs?

dethow
05-20-2016, 09:35 AM
thanks for the info. who is selling the Giant power packs?

MojoRacing, Bob Zola from our club.
Here's a link to his website.
http://giantpowerlipos.myshopify.com/

Glad you are coming, Steve... buy a lot of stuff from you and it'll be nice to meet the man.

T.S.Davis
05-20-2016, 09:56 AM
Holy crap. A Vaccaro sighting! That's great news Steven. Can't wait.

I'm a Giant Power guy but there are some great options available right now. Tom has been running the b'geezus out of Roaring Top's. Pretty good so far. He's whip my hinney in multiple classes with those. It could be that he's built a better mouse trap but the batteries haven't let him down thus far. We've recently been experimenting with some Turnigy Graphene packs. It's too early for me to vouch for them but the packaging is outrageous. Each pack comes with a Crown Royal type bag to keep them in. I was impressed with these but they're brand new with almost no runs. Everything is great brand new.

Just give any one of us a call to talk boats. Tell us what you have and we'll tell you how to get passed just showing up and on to competitive. That's true on race day too. The group that races this event is more into everyone competing and enjoying racing than they are into "I must win to be happy". Everybody likes to win but it doesn't define them.

T.S.Davis
05-20-2016, 09:59 AM
Ok, we are taking a inventory this weekend. I think we can have enough boats to play. But probably not competitive.

For that matter, just tell us what you want to race that you don't have boats for. Some of us have multiple options for multiple classes. I know for certain those that do would have no problem handing one off to you or your boys.

Steven Vaccaro
05-20-2016, 03:52 PM
For that matter, just tell us what you want to race that you don't have boats for. Some of us have multiple options for multiple classes. I know for certain those that do would have no problem handing one off to you or your boys.

Thanks for the offer!!

Shooter
05-20-2016, 09:39 PM
Will definitely miss the Canucks!!

Ray - Sorry to hear that you guys aren't feeling well. If you have even an inkling to race, just run one class with us! Would be great to see you! Shoot, I live here.......and sometimes I only race 1 class!!! : )

Doby
05-20-2016, 10:15 PM
Life is better with more Canucks!

TRUCKPULL
05-21-2016, 12:30 AM
Jay and I will still be there.:hug1:

Larry

madmikepags
05-21-2016, 04:49 PM
Hey Steve you haven't been to this race yet, man you are in for a treat, this is the best place, and the best bunch of guys on the planet to race and hang with. I love this race and this venue, I promise once you race here you wont want to go anywhere else to race again.

madmikepags
05-21-2016, 04:50 PM
yes even if with the Kanadians

jaike5
05-21-2016, 09:11 PM
Yes Larry the good Canadians will be there,:laugh: maybe Daniel will come too ..... if doby will let him, Chris you going to make it ?
Cheers, Jay.

jaike5
05-21-2016, 09:12 PM
Yes Larry the good Canadians will be there,:laugh: maybe Daniel will come too ..... if doby will let him, Chris you going to make it ?
Cheers, Jay.

Doby
05-21-2016, 10:47 PM
Sorry, no Daniel....

Chris seems to have fallen off the earth after most of his boats were deemed illegal.

jaike5
05-22-2016, 07:09 AM
Come on doby let Daniel out to play ....he is actually a really nice guy, and he's Canadian:thumbup1:

Todd Fleury
05-23-2016, 08:52 AM
Get your entries in soon guys!

JohnZ
05-26-2016, 08:16 PM
Looks like a nice venue. Wish I could go and watch you guys do some serious racing but I'm tapped to attend the TRAMPS Fly-In in Traverse City. As president of my RC club there are certain duties I must attend to.
Wish I could be there though.

revoltrunner
05-27-2016, 07:21 AM
I'll stop by and meet some of the guys and watch some heats.
going to Laconia bike week http://laconiamcweek.com/
then over to Boston for a few days to see my brother.
I'll stop and see you guys on the way back home.

T.S.Davis
05-27-2016, 08:21 AM
As president of my RC club there are certain duties I must attend to.

haha Yeah, being in charge sucks sometimes doesn't it?

We know racing isn't for everyone......well......in fairness...............we think it actually is but not everyone can be convinced. Even if you're just an avid RC boat fan and back yard basher you should stop by nd check it out. Hang for a bit. Meet some peeps. Have a beverage. We call it "serious" racing but the beauty of this event for me is that those doing that "serious" racing don't really take themselves seriously at all. We're a bunch of children playing with our boats and acting a fool. Some of those boats are total crap. Some are works of art. We love both kinds.

Guys, if you're coming to actually race please get yourselves signed up as soon as possible. We need to know how many humans to anticipate. A number of us are going out to the lodge tonight for the fish fry. We'll be discussing this, that, and the other. Sometime soon we need to start acquiring bits and pieces to finalize. So git er' done please.

Steven Vaccaro
05-31-2016, 07:46 PM
sorry to hear that Doug!

Guys Im still pondering the idea. were is the best place to stay?

T.S.Davis
06-01-2016, 09:11 AM
The "best" place to stay is on site in a camper or a tent.

I know someone that has hotel'd it will chime in here Steve.

Doby
06-01-2016, 11:11 AM
This is where I stayed 3 of the 4 years I've been to Michigan.

https://www.redroof.com/property/Lake-Orion/MI/48360/-/RRI337/

Free breakfast (when I was there) and a decent sports bar/grill right next to it.

Its probably the closest as well. (nothing is really close to the race location)...about a 25 minute drive.

TRUCKPULL
06-01-2016, 01:56 PM
As John said this is the best place to stay- about 20 min. away.
https://www.redroof.com/property/Lake-Orion/MI/48360/-/RRI337/
Free breakfast, and the restaurant next door is the best-you also get a discount there when staying at the hotel.

Larry

madmikepags
06-01-2016, 05:14 PM
me my girls and my buddy are all signed up!!!!!
cant wait for this gig always my favorite race

T.S.Davis
06-01-2016, 10:19 PM
Its always nice to have the Paganelli in town. Well.......the girls at least.

tjcast
06-01-2016, 10:32 PM
** CLASS UPDATE**

Looks like we will have enough P & Q Cats to split them up and run them separately :banana:

The T-Sprint class will be split up and T-Mono will run on Day 1 (Friday) and T-Cat will run on Day 2 (Saturday).

Ken Haines
06-02-2016, 02:10 AM
Guys Im still pondering the idea. were is the best place to stay?

I have stayed at the Hampton Inn / Auburn Hills North
and also at the Hilton Auburn Hills Suites both were very nice places.
I actually shopped around on AIRBNB this trip and we found a place
5 - 10 minutes away from the pond site in Leonard.

Steve, you really should try to make this one !!!

klbo
06-02-2016, 07:54 AM
I build a T mono just wondering what kind of mile-per-hour I need to be competitive is this a saw event ? Seems like quite a difference between a saw pass and reg race ?

tjcast
06-02-2016, 09:14 AM
I build a T mono just wondering what kind of mile-per-hour I need to be competitive is this a saw event ? Seems like quite a difference between a saw pass and reg race ?

Not sure as to speed but this is not a saw event. You race 3 heats during the day against any where from 2 to 5 other boats of the same class. A clock start, one mill lap and 6 laps on a 1/6 mile course. Points awarded according to place of finish, highest total at the end of the day wins the class.

JohnZ
06-02-2016, 11:24 AM
Yes, well, if I could come up with an excuse to drive on down and somehow get away with it.......
And we all at one time or another commit ourselves to something only to end up being in a bit of a bind.
Me and my big mouth and for letting the guys in the club electing me as president.
You are all gonna pay for this!

rightturnonly
06-03-2016, 04:39 AM
Tom,

All signed up...question of the day do we have enough 1/10th scales to split vintage and modern? I have both....

John

T.S.Davis
06-03-2016, 08:15 AM
You are all gonna pay for this!

hahaha Tom and I had a conversation exactly like this Wed night. "No good deed goes unpunished."

Not sure on the scale thing. I haven't looked at those sign ups. I know of two vintage. Maybe I missed one though.

Ken Haines
06-03-2016, 10:00 AM
167 Boats / 23 Racers and Counting

Hey Racers, the Michigan Cup is rapidly approaching, this is
a great annual event......everyone raves about the race and the venue.
Hard to beat a pond on the site of an Elk's Club. Perfect race to bring
your family, there is plenty to do, relaxing weekend in the country too.
At 167 boats 200 is a real possibility, just get signed up on:
RCRacingEvents.com
Hope to see you there,

Steven Vaccaro
06-03-2016, 10:47 AM
ill get signed up this weekend. 3 of us are coming, im working on a 4th guy.

Doby
06-03-2016, 12:55 PM
Wait till you see the venue...its a great place to race and hangout.:rockon2::thumbup:

T.S.Davis
06-03-2016, 03:10 PM
ill get signed up this weekend. 3 of us are coming, im working on a 4th guy.

If you need any help, guidance, boats, moral support, therapy, etc.......just give me a call.

John is right. We were out there last Friday. The place is still gorgeous. We bought a new weed razor. You could hunt squatch with this thing. I went our Memorial day and gave the lily pads a what fer. Not sure on the results just yet. I'll have to get some fresh pics.

We've got some more locals that I know are coming that aren't signed up yet. We should crest 30. Not too big. Not too small.

Oh BTW we may have a small fee for lunch each day. Mister B's Shelby has agreed to donate the food. We're frequenting this restaurant as he's a club member, the food is good as is the entertainment. We insisted that Kevin let us (racers) at least cover his cost. Not sure what that will be. Likely much less than driving 10 miles to the nearest choke n' puke. We really are out in the sticks. Borders on ridiculously so.

We've got a really good gaggle of race lunatics up here. Those that haven't been to this gig should really consider it. Yeah it's a race and all. Competition and all that blah de' blah. Whattttt everrrrrr. We have great competition sure but think of this one as an event. RC boat junkies getting together to hang out, laugh, point fingers, make fun of each other, oh and do some racing. yeah we do that too. Racing is fun if you do it right. This collection of boaters always does.

Somebody kick Travis's cage. It's time for him to do some roundy rounds.

Doby
06-03-2016, 05:13 PM

I don't think his boats have rudders.

TRUCKPULL
06-03-2016, 09:07 PM

Terry
I don't think that will happen this year, seeing that he just went through Open Heart Surgery a few weeks ago.
He even said the other day that a trip to Huntsville for the Saw's would be about 7 hours drive for him, TOO much at this time, So I think MI would defiantly be out this year.

Larry

tjcast
06-03-2016, 09:47 PM
Tom,

All signed up...question of the day do we have enough 1/10th scales to split vintage and modern? I have both....

John
John this is how we currently stand

Modern:
1974 U-2 Miss U.S. -Tom Castellani
1990 U-10 Winston Eagle (lobster boat) - Todd Fleury
1976 U-12 Miss Budweiser - Bob Zola
1980 U- 1 Atlas Van Lines - Jeff Burt
1982 U-55 Oh Boy! 0BERTO - Terry Davis
2007 U-6 Oh Boy! Oberto (turbine) - Dan Beardslee
2011 U-11 Peters and May - John A Gross

Not sure if Jeff will get his boat done in time for the cup, but his would be a modern too.
Dan Beardslee is working on a turbine Oh- Boy Oberto, also modern.

Vintage:
1960 U-4 Miss Burien - Marc Cerankowski
1963 U-8 St. Regis - John A Gross
1969 U-25 Pay-n-Pak - John Gross

not sure if any other Vintage boats will make the sign up.

rightturnonly
06-03-2016, 10:57 PM
Thanks for the numbers. I've got a new modern in the works just not sure if it will be ready in time. It's nice to see the 1/10th fleet growing.

T.S.Davis
06-03-2016, 11:50 PM
Dan might have his turbine oberto done too.

T.S.Davis
06-03-2016, 11:52 PM
Terry
I don't think that will happen this year, seeing that he just went through Open Heart Surgery a few weeks ago.

I forgot about that. Okay, nobody kick his cage.

Ken Haines
06-04-2016, 09:39 AM
179 Racers / 24 Racers and Counting

Looks like 200 Boats is now likely !!
This is shaping up to be another big Michigan Cup.
Let's keep the sign-ups coming.
This is aguably the best racing site in the country :bounce:

RcRacing Events.com

tjcast
06-05-2016, 11:00 AM
Greetings to ALL.

The race is shaping up nicely. There is a strong possibility that we MAY be doing shifting of a class or 2 to lighten the load on Sunday. As it stands right now there will be 33 heats on Friday, 39 on Saturday and 42 (soon to be 45 :scared:) on Sunday!!

15 P-Monos, 15 P-Sport Hydros and 18 P-limited Monos !!! 27 heats just in those 3 classes. :doh:

IF a class gets moved we will try to not affect anyone's schedule but sometimes it's unavoidable.

Invoices will be going out next week!

There are still classes that are unsponsored so if you are considering sponsoring one now's the time to speak up. Thanks

Tom

tjcast
06-06-2016, 10:49 AM
Tom,

John

The answer to that is yes. Just be aware that if vintage becomes a 2 boat class, it will be combined with moderns at the discresion of the CD.

T.S.Davis
06-06-2016, 12:32 PM
180 entries. Come on Steve! We need to get your entries in too.

Steven Vaccaro
06-06-2016, 09:14 PM
Three more racers all signed up.

My wife and daughter are coming. so we will take Saturday off to do something fun for the family.

Anyway to jockey p offshore to Friday or Sunday :-)

tjcast
06-06-2016, 09:35 PM
Here is how we currently stand with 10th scale:
Modern:
1974 U-2 Miss U.S. -Tom Castellani
1990 U-10 Winston Eagle (lobster boat) - Todd Fleury
1976 U-12 Miss Budweiser - Bob Zola
1980 U- 1 Atlas Van Lines - Jeff Burt
1982 U-55 Oh Boy! 0BERTO - Terry Davis
2007 U-6 Oh Boy! Oberto (turbine) - Dan Beardslee
2011 U-11 Peters and May - John A Gross

Not sure if Jeff will get his boat done in time for the cup.
Dan Beardslee is working on a turbine Oh- Boy Oberto.

Vintage:
1960 U-4 Miss Burien - Marc Cerankowski
1963 U-8 St. Regis - John A Gross
1969 U-25 Pay-n-Pak - John Gross

Todd Fleury
06-07-2016, 09:16 AM
Those that have signed up for 1/8 scale, please remember it is a two day event.

madmikepags
06-07-2016, 10:25 AM
steve a lot of guys run their p-monos in p-offshore so switching it to friday is probably not possible.

photohoward1
06-07-2016, 09:38 PM
Maybe that was the idea

tjcast
06-07-2016, 10:06 PM
Actually we have 3 offshore classes and we tried to put them on different days

T.S.Davis
06-08-2016, 08:41 AM
We even figured some guys would would run their P limited offshore in P offshore. It works. More often than not the offshore class isn't won by the fastest boats. You can go 55 for 7 laps and flip on the chop or go 49 for 9.5 laps and finish. Happens all the time.

madmikepags
06-08-2016, 11:42 AM
I am getting stoked for this event, I got all the boats out yesterday and started going thru them. I've got a liitle more work than I thought I had but no building just some fixing, I've only raced 4 times since the last cup race and most of the boats I havent even run since the last cup race so there's some "maintenance" that needs to be done. But I should be ready to rock and roll by the time we get there!!!!!

Ken Haines
06-09-2016, 09:23 PM
193 Boats / 28 Racers

Ok everyone, looks like only 7 more boats to go and
that magic number 200 will be a reality.

Terry maybe you can offer some table dances or something
to get the final extra entries signed up.

Oh yes and any word on the record situation ?

tjcast
06-09-2016, 09:37 PM
193 Boats / 28 Racers

Ok everyone, looks like only 7 more boats to go and
that magic number 200 will be a reality.

Terry maybe you can offer some table dances or something
to get the final extra entries signed up.

Oh yes and any word on the record situation ?

Nooo :nono: don't mention table dancing around Terry, he might think you are talking about him and take you up on that :scared:!!! Not a pretty sight !!!

Ken Haines
06-09-2016, 11:09 PM
Nooo :nono: don't mention table dancing around Terry, he might think you are talking about him and take you up on that :scared:!!! Not a pretty sight !!!

of course I was talking about Terry.....lol

T.S.Davis
06-10-2016, 01:40 PM
[B][SIZE=5]Oh yes and any word on the record situation ?

I haven't pursued that. The more I think about it though the less I feel there is an issue. When you go to a race and set a record they don't check the cells of the racers that didn't set the record. The notion is ridiculous. If a guy shows at a time trial with an HV cell is the sanction suddenly null and void? Silly. Now clearly an HV cell can't be allowed to hold a record but it's not right to deny those running legal stuff because someone else isn't.

The guys that I knew were running HV cells aren't coming anyway so I applied for the sanction.

TRUCKPULL
06-10-2016, 07:49 PM
of course I was talking about Terry.....lol

I remember something like that about Terry back in I think 2006 or was it Alan??

Larry

Ken Haines
06-12-2016, 07:16 AM
193 Racers / 28 Racers and Counting

Only 1 week left to sign up for this year's Michigan Cup.

Please nudge anyone still thinking about this race.....
even if it is to add their final classes.

Hmmmm.......Like Mike Pags, P-Ltd Hydro ??.....come on Mike....lol
Hate to call out my friend, but every addition will get us closer to that 200 boat count.
Plus I would like to torch him in that class :bounce:

madmikepags
06-12-2016, 01:21 PM
I would love to run it Ken but with the switch of P-mono to Friday it's not gonna happen. I am signed up for 5 classes and my daughters 3 each, and my buddy is a newbie is signed up for 5 (i don't think hes gonna run scale) but that means I'm responsible for 15-6 boats on FRIDAY alone!!!! I just can't do it and they are almost all P classes!!!!! If they swiche the P-limited hydro to sunday I will DEFINITELY race it but I just cant swing it on Friday.

Shooter
06-13-2016, 07:59 PM
You guys are killing me...... I'll be there Thurs night and maybe Friday, but not to race. :)

Ken Haines
06-14-2016, 08:35 AM
You guys are killing me...... I'll be there Thurs night and maybe Friday, but not to race. :)

Nothing to race on Friday ? Grab an SV or a Ltd-Mono and race something !
Well I at least expect a sport Hydro Shoot-out with you thru the weekend :bounce:

T.S.Davis
06-14-2016, 08:53 AM
I'm handing off the led sled to Tyler for Sunday which is outrageously fast. I'll be racing Toms boat. Then there are 2 other copies of Pete's boat running too. Should be a hoot.

Doug Smock
06-14-2016, 11:21 AM
:blink::huh::crying:

Doby
06-14-2016, 02:16 PM
This race is going to be boring with the lack of any "Kwality" Kanadian content....No Ray, Daniel or me..

I mean, we are sending Jay over...but really:laugh:

jaike5
06-14-2016, 08:05 PM
Hey what about Larry....The only kwality there is Daniel, and you wouldn't let him out to play !! Are you gonna stop cheerp'n and come to the Can Am and race or have you got your chicken bone shak'n like a leaf on a tree:laugh:

Cheers, Jay.

Doby
06-14-2016, 09:27 PM
Larry is only a half assed Kanadian...lives in the USA part time.

madmikepags
06-17-2016, 02:52 PM
I am so stoked for this all my boats are ready!!! just need to pack *!***!***!***!** up!!

T.S.Davis
06-17-2016, 03:02 PM
hahaha John, I read that too fast. In my head I translated that to "Larry is hald a dozen assed Kanadians"

If any are loose and in the area I'm headed out to the lodge for the fish fry at the lodge tonight. Then working in the yard there tomorrow.

Steven Vaccaro
06-17-2016, 03:17 PM
I am so stoked for this all my boats are ready!!! just need to pack *!***!***!***!** up!!

Do you have any extra boats for me to race? Im not even close!

madmikepags
06-17-2016, 05:58 PM
yes I do steve gimmie a call

TRUCKPULL
06-21-2016, 02:10 PM
Only three days left, and no smack talk on here.

All you racers must be getting soft or scared?

Larry

Todd Fleury
06-21-2016, 02:48 PM
Larry,
Just want to remind you that here in the states, we race an oval course. Not a rectangular course! Just wanted to remind you, so that you don't run over any p-sports that are passing you on the inside lane.

T.S.Davis
06-21-2016, 03:16 PM
That's the spirit.

Todd doesn't worry about that Larry because he's never actually passing anyone.

Todd Fleury
06-21-2016, 03:26 PM
Terry,
You are absolutely right. I just wait for you guys to crash, and cruise on by.

T.S.Davis
06-21-2016, 03:48 PM
.....guilty.

Doug Smock
06-21-2016, 05:46 PM
Good luck fellas!

Totally bummed that I'm not getting ready to hit the highway & defend the Cup with my team mates.:sad:

Be safe & have fun.:buttrock:

TRUCKPULL
06-21-2016, 09:39 PM
Larry,
Just want to remind you that here in the states, we race an oval course. Not a rectangular course! Just wanted to remind you, so that you don't run over any p-sports that are passing you on the inside lane.

Todd
I thought it was a Triangle?
They have to catch me first to pass me.
The only ones on my inside are the ones that I am lapping.

Larry

T.S.Davis
06-21-2016, 11:14 PM
Bums me out that you won't be here Doug. We had fun with you and Don both last year. Good racing. Lots of laughs.

Todd Fleury
06-22-2016, 09:27 AM
Larry,
You can't lap someone on the start.

TRUCKPULL
06-22-2016, 04:04 PM
Larry,
You can't lap someone on the start.

Why not?
Larry

bozo586
06-22-2016, 11:00 PM
michigan cup some bad news guys -----ken haines had his trailer and all of his boat stuff stolen today-----the thiefs also disabled his truck while the family was sleeping! 10 pm news chan/2 just reported this. all of his boats are gone. we have to help ken any way we can, i have some boats he can run if he wants too! please keep an eye out for ken's stuff lets get the guys that did this.

dethow
06-22-2016, 11:28 PM
Posted several stories to Facebook and trying to get the word out. Hopefully something turns up over the next couple days, but if not... Ken should be provided a specific thread to show us all any photos and/or info on his boats so we can all keep a look out across the country.

So bummed out for Ken and his family. We all know how much work goes into these boats and this is just heart breaking for our entire household to hear this story. We Michiganders will do everything we can to spread the word locally and hopefully get some resolve.

T.S.Davis
06-23-2016, 07:54 AM
Finding boats to run has been easy. Him having any interest in racing them is tougher. Ken can run my entire fleet if he wants to.

We're going to focus on getting Fede out there for his heats. Both my son and the Paganelli girls volunteered their boats. Tom went home last night to rebuild a Pursuit for him since that's what he's used to.

jaike5
06-23-2016, 08:43 AM
Ken may run any of my boats as well, if he wishes. I'll bring my p -mono and p -limited hydro for Fede to run.
Cheers, Jay.

Shooter
06-23-2016, 09:28 AM
My stomach is turning just thinking about this. I can't imagine how Ken feels. You have to wonder if somebody knew all that stuff was in the trailer, or if it was just a random act. We FE boaters are a fairly small community and I'm sure we can recognize this stuff if it pops up somewhere.

Tamelesstgr
06-23-2016, 09:29 AM
That is just infuriating to me to hear that some (explative) made off with his stuff. Watch ebay and local pawn shops, CraigsList. We need pics of the boats that were stolen.

HRC
06-23-2016, 11:42 AM
OMG !!! So sorry to here that. I sure hope the SOB is caught. A good old behind the barn a** kick is in order. I wander if he had any insurance coverage to help recover some of the cost. I shudder to think the amount of money he has tied up in that trailer. With some pictures I will sure keep an eye out.

revoltrunner
06-23-2016, 12:29 PM
Here's the news video
http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/164626909-story

ray schrauwen
06-23-2016, 12:54 PM
That is sickening. Hold on Ken, the troops will be out in full force to help you out.