PDA

View Full Version : outerlimits rebuild

dude123
01-07-2016, 12:07 AM
I just saw someone else's thread about their build for their tfl outerlimits and thought I would drag mine out and redo it. Its totally been stripped of everything and is just bear hull with a cf inlay, this thing is bulletproof haha. My main question is if anyone has any experience with this hull and what setup they were using. I know for sure that for the esc I am going to be using my extra hobbywing 180a. Just not to sure what to do about motor wise and hardware. I havnt done any mono builds so done know these hulls and what they can take. Would love to hear you guys opinions!!! my intentions are for just straight speed I don't like how it turns. thanks guys

dmitry100
01-07-2016, 04:22 AM
Don't forget to reinforce the tips with epoxy and fill up the front end with marine foam (and lots of pool noodle elsewhere) for extra reinforcement... that'll probably be one of the first areas to get compromised in a hard enough crash...

dude123
01-07-2016, 10:16 PM
done and done haha mainly just wondering what motor I should use I was thinking tp 4060 after looking at a thread on tp vs neu and the power conversions. tp 4060 similar to neu 1521. thinking something like 1800kv

dude123
01-14-2016, 08:23 AM
Does anyone have any have ant advice on the sizing for a bigger rudder and possibly a new strut? I am out in orlando and there's this great shop called graves that has everything!!

markwithak
01-14-2016, 09:05 PM
I picked one from RC Boat Bitz. bolts up and aligns with linkage pretty good. alot longer dual pick ups and can cut down as needed once I get a chance to run the boat.
I rounded off the top edge so it does pinch or crack the fiberglass and keeps its tight against the overhang.

http://www.rcboatbitz.biz/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=17&products_id=1008

Beaux
01-18-2016, 06:03 PM
man i got another dumb question. has any one ever purposely seporated the top half from the bottom to reinforce it ?

dude123
01-18-2016, 06:39 PM
Ive never heard of someone doing that traditionally I just know of doing a cf inlay and other tricks.

Beaux
01-19-2016, 08:43 AM
the reason i ask , i have a f1 hornet that got a little close to the dock at about 40 mph the area to repair from the inside is all but impossible to get to do you think it would make a interesting thread to open one up.. repair and reinforce and glass back together.

dude123
01-19-2016, 10:53 AM
I'm sure there are threads already about repairing fiberglass, but maybe by opening a thread you can get a better plan for your specific issue

dude123
01-19-2016, 11:22 AM
Haven't updated this build in awhile but I've been in Florida for the past week and a half. But I am bringing back abounch of parts needed suck as:
castle bullets 5.5
Speed master mono strut (because the stock one was rusted)
New hitec waterproof servo
Pushrods
Castle cap bank
Will update later on with progress! Just a quick question but is there a specific angle that turn fins work best this boat came stock with one but broke.

Beaux
01-19-2016, 11:55 AM
thanks dude, just thinking out loud. sounds like youve got a pretty good project going on also thanks for listening and good luck.

dude123
01-22-2016, 12:30 PM
Hey guys so I wired up the ESC today but for some reason there are no armig tones it just starts to run at a slow idle does anyone have a solution its the hobbywing 180