PDA

View Full Version : elbow for Turnigy / Seaking 180?

markwithak
01-03-2016, 09:00 PM
Any suggestions on swapping out one of the straight barbs to an elbow on the Trunigy 180 ESC?
Would really help to avoid any possible kinking in my plumbing.
Will one of the motor sleeve work?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mark

TheShaughnessy
01-04-2016, 02:58 PM
http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?23772-Turnigy-180-cooling-upgrade

Thread size is 10-32. See thread for further tips.

Peter A
01-04-2016, 11:09 PM
T-180 is M5. Made in china so threads are metric. Only the US makes things with imperial sizes as standard.

markwithak
01-05-2016, 12:26 AM
thanks for that link will look thru all that and was looking into trying to utilize the other ports so some good tips.
I did get one fitting out so I will check it.

markwithak
01-07-2016, 08:52 PM
Well I did check this. On the T180A V3 it does appear that its a M5 thread its ever so slightly tighter than the brass fitting but treads in nice and no locking. The 10/32 fits too but is lose and would need some extra sealant.

I will see what I can dig up.

Thanks

Beaux
01-14-2016, 07:22 PM
Got a dumb guestion. I know what an esc is and what it stands for , but what does ubec stand for and the diff? thanks!

markwithak
01-14-2016, 08:44 PM
ESC is your speed controller

BEC (battery eliminator circuit) from your speed controller can power up your receiver from your ESC from power from your many batts.
UBEC (universal) or separate BEC if you run higher voltage or your ESC doesnt have a BEC or you dont want to rely on your ESCs BEC

hope that makes sense

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=ker-HWUBEC

this is a UBEC

Beaux
01-14-2016, 10:25 PM
thank you so much been around big boats all my life this little ones not so much , but i am learning iv got acouple of f1 hornets keeping me busy. having way to much fun! thanks again

markwithak
01-14-2016, 10:57 PM
I know exactly how you feel. Same with me. I can make a big boat go as fast as you like (nothing says HP like a needle climbing on a boost gauge) and deal with good size 3p machinery at work just need to combine the two and scale it down alot, Back in the day I had some electric and nitros but cant use my servo and on/off switch for throttle method anymore.. Just search and research and alot of info on here for almost any setup you are looking for.

Beaux
01-15-2016, 01:45 AM
man im telling ya! iv read so much on set ups and everything else. this forum is the greatest i realy appritiat being able to join in this. iv got to save one more month then the blackjack 29 will be ordered. cant wait