PDA

View Full Version : Cupped CNC V642 prop

Nikolas Andriop
12-27-2015, 02:14 PM
Hello.
I was looking on ebay and i found those props http://www.ebay.com/itm/171124425377?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

What is the deal with this Cupped props
Thanks!!!!

Fluid
12-27-2015, 03:45 PM
Based only on the photos, I would not buy one. The trailing edge cupping is only on the center of each blade and does not extend to the tips. This will increase lift, not reduce it. Plus it appears to be very crudely done with pliers.

The Barr cut near the hub reduces thrust, unless you need that it does not make the boat faster - it is usually done on nitro and gas props, not FE. I have tried it several times and in each case the prop developed cracks at the cuts - and that was with much stronger BeCu, not weaker aluminum.

The text is designed to mislead the buyer and sell the props. He bad-mouths custom prop experts who know a lot more about props than he does.

You asked.

Nikolas Andriop
12-27-2015, 05:06 PM
Thanks so much for your answer!!!!!!!!!

dasboata
12-27-2015, 05:09 PM
Based only on the photos, I would not buy one. The trailing edge cupping is only on the center of each blade and does not extend to the tips. This will increase lift, not reduce it. Plus it appears to be very crudely done with pliers.

The Barr cut near the hub reduces thrust, unless you need that it does not make the boat faster - it is usually done on nitro and gas props, not FE. I have tried it several times and in each case the prop developed cracks at the cuts - and that was with much stronger BeCu, not weaker aluminum.

The text is designed to mislead the buyer and sell the props. He bad-mouths custom prop experts who know a lot more about props than he does.

You asked.

I agree that guy knows nothing about props I would never barr cut a electric prop ! or use a aluminium on a hi RPM motor