PDA

View Full Version : cold water running

MAXAMUS
10-12-2008, 10:59 AM
hi all

whats your thoughts on cold water running winter is fast approaching for some of us !!

and what effect does near freezing water have on the hull etc i hope it doesn't have similar effects as pouring boiling water over a frosted windscreen :doh:

:smile:maxamus

Fluid
10-12-2008, 12:49 PM
We used to run our boats right until freeze-up in Alaska and we never had a real problem. What we did notice was that because the battery temperatures were very low the speeds and run times were lower too. Heating up the cells helped a lot with that. LiPos should never be run when their temperature is much below 70F.

SJFE
10-14-2008, 12:34 AM
Fall and winter is when I do most of my boating. I like the cold temps for some added cooling. I also enjoy no bugs or on lookers. It's very relaxing. Keeping the packs warm is a problem some times if the truck is parked fo are from the water.

Eodman
10-14-2008, 10:02 AM
Hey SJFE --- how about you buy some of those chemical baby bottle warmers! You know the ones with the little button in the corner .. you snap it and the chain reaction starts! When you get home you boil them in water to change back to liquid!