PDA

View Full Version : Need prop help

Boatman10
11-21-2015, 10:26 AM
I have a blackjack 26 that I'm going to use for a recovery boat. I'm making a PVC apparatus and I need to change the prop so I don't burn up anything but don't know where to start. Slow and Not much go.

trigger
11-21-2015, 02:04 PM
Go with a small prop and lower pitch, maybe a Minimono prop, or a Bristol bay boat prop. Think about cooling too, if you have a rudder pick up, without good momentum it wont work well, you might consider a prop blast pick up.

kfxguy
11-21-2015, 02:49 PM
The best setup I've found is low rpm with a big prop. You need lots of bite for pushing. Als avoid metal props. Sometimes the recovery will get hung up on the boat. If a metal prop hits the downed boat the results are usually bad. I always use a plastic or carbon plastic prop. I recommend a 48mm or bigger graupner prop. Then make sure you have a lower kv motor than stock for better torque and battery life, less heat. If you can put a bigger rudder that helps too because you need as much control as you can. My pickup is right behind the prop. It pumps water through the cooling system when I'm going really slow. My power system has lasted over two years with lots use.

Also the power system I used was a miss geico 29 motor and a black jack 29 esc on 2s. Like I said, low rpm with a big prop gives you lots of pushing power and control

Boatman10
11-22-2015, 03:33 PM
Thanks Trigger.... I do have a pickup behind my prop. I want to keep everything that came with my BJ 26 and that includes a 1600kv motor and I have turned the timing down and also the throttle curve.

Boatman10
11-22-2015, 04:04 PM
Thanks kfxguy..... I will be keeping the 1600kv motor and if it is a good idea I will go from 4s to 2s ...whats you guys think. The graunper 48 mm prop is that to much pitch???

Boatman10
11-22-2015, 04:08 PM
Does somebody make a plastic 3 blade prop that will work????

egneg
11-23-2015, 09:19 AM
http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=ose-3bld-316

cb4life
01-25-2016, 03:48 PM
Good day,

I am looking for anyone that sharpens and balances props. I am in the Virgin Islands, so I would have to ship the prop to you and have you ship it back to me once finished.

Payment can be settled through PayPal.

Let me know.

dasboata
01-25-2016, 04:15 PM
Good day,

I am looking for anyone that sharpens and balances props. I am in the Virgin Islands, so I would have to ship the prop to you and have you ship it back to me once finished.

Payment can be settled through PayPal.

Let me know.

That would be me ask around the VI I have lots of customers there ,,,send me a PM thanks chris

Boatman10
01-31-2016, 03:20 PM
I agree dasboata is the man for the props....I have one and will be getting more....

cb4life
01-31-2016, 07:23 PM
I agree dasboata is the man for the props....I have one and will be getting more....

Thanks.....