PDA

View Full Version : Get a better Radio - - SPEKTRUM

mcwho
05-26-2007, 01:39 PM
The first boat I bought to run in the canals here in Baghdad for me was the CEN Aquajet which had a lousy radio, first time out it went full speed into a concrete wall.

Upgraded immediately to a SPECKTRUM ds2.

When I decided to upgrade my cen i loved the radio, now I have the Supervee 27, just had to get one new reciever, and its got great range.

its a shame the SUpervee doesent have a "No Radio" option. That seems to be the weak link on all these boats.

Do it now, Buy a spektrum DS2

NorthernBoater
05-26-2007, 02:27 PM
I second that. The Spektrum radio is great. In my boat I do not even have the antenna coming out of the boat.

Fast Guy
05-27-2007, 08:35 AM
I never use the radio and receiver that comes with most of the RC stuff I have bought. I just put it aside and install my own gear. I do like the fact that it is supplied though. When it comes time to sell I have a never used radio and receiver to go with it. Having the radio gear to go with the sale means someone who has never owned a RC kit has everything they need to get going and they may shy away if the had to buy radio gear.

FE_Chris
06-24-2007, 12:08 PM
I had a spektrum DX2, I still have my M11, but I sold the Spektrum Pro module and all my spektrum gear and stuck with FM.

2 reasons.

Number one. Range. I could never get anymore then 300ft or so away, and it would go into fail safe mode. You name it, I tried it. Nothing worked. Longer antenna, fresh battery's, moving the ESC around, nothing.

Number two. Power comsumption. I used to run spektrums in all my electrics. I had a Gorilla Max HV-Maxx powered revo, and a HV-Maxx powered LST2. BOTH of them would go into fail safe when I would nail the throttle. I narrowed it down to power consumption. The BEC has a hard time keeping up with the RX and all the other electronics....Voltage would drop under load and into fail safe it went.

I am glad to see some other people having good luck with it. I loved the crystal less design, it was great at the track. But for boats, and high speed runs during bashing, I hated it.

saleens7
06-24-2007, 01:23 PM
you can get a synthesized FM system....you dont need to change crystals, just change the channel...thats what im going to do anyway

FE_Chris
06-25-2007, 07:13 AM
Yeah...I know....I used to have a JR XS3. It was nice, but it was nicer having the spek choose a channel for you.