PDA

View Full Version : Upgraded flex shaft for ProBoat Shockwave 26 BL V3

DBJr
11-08-2015, 07:01 PM
Until now other than having to replace an ESC about a year and a half ago, this HAS been a very reliable boat for me. Very recently I had the original flex shaft break on me but I chalked that up to 2 years worth of running taking it's toll. I lost the ProBoat stainless prop too but oh well.

Got a replacement and while running earlier today, the whole shaft just popped out the rear of the boat taking a new Octura X640 prop to the bottom of the lake with it. BTW, the X640 works awesome on this boat. Not sure why as I make sure the grub screw was tight prior to running.

I would definitely consider replacing the stock motor coupler with the Octura .150 short coupler but I read a post on here that collet couplers don't really work too well with flex shafts that have flat spots on them.

Been having a bad luck streak with boats lately. Lost a flex and Prather B215 prop on my Blackjack 24. Replaced it with the OSE upgraded one with Octura X640 prop and blew the ESC. I figured the stock 30A was too small anyway. Got a Seaking 60A coming. Hopefully that will be enough.

Then I break a flex on the Shockwave. I go ahead and replace it and then lose it on the second run along with the X640 prop that I put on for a test run.:frusty::frusty::frusty:

Live and learn I guess.

DBJr
11-08-2015, 10:00 PM
I forgot to add this boat uses the Impulse 26 flex shaft and it is also used in both the brushed and brushless Shockwave 26 V3. If anyone here knows the length of that, I would greatly appreciate it.