PDA

View Full Version : ran my sv for the first time

pugman2
05-26-2007, 11:05 AM
ran it for the first time today . it took one run then adjusted and fixed bugs and wow i run big gas boats for the most part and i was realy impressed how fast this boat is .i have not done anything to the drive yet had thought about a wire drive and adjustable trim tabs but its triming fine in stock settings and got a fair amount of run time out of ib3600 packs and didnt have to retreve it love it thanks steve. they have made alot of quality improvements i think since the sv first came out the only real issue i see with this boat is the factory radio wish they would either use a fm system or offer it without the radio so you could use a better one from the git go

pugman2
05-27-2007, 02:48 PM
this thing gets better everytime i run it getting better runtimes i love it

Steven Vaccaro
05-27-2007, 08:20 PM
They are a ton of fun. The best part is the price. Because they reasonably priced, lots of people that normally would not buy a boat are.

Rex R
05-28-2007, 10:09 PM
ran mine today, box stock. discovered a few things...a) my ib 3800's with welded tabs(side by side) really don't like a 45amp draw(things got toasty). b) motor flex coupler set screw worked its way loose. c) my rudder 'pin' has the flats in the wrong spots, (Steven are you going to get some new rudder blades soon?). d) it was running a mite too loose for conditions(showy though...side roll twice, poss an endo).
not counting the time spent fixing the leaky water jacket, getting it ready for the water(including changing the radio) took about 15 minutes. should be lots of fun club racing stock sv's

Jeepers
05-29-2007, 10:52 AM
[QUOTE=Rex R;4907]ran mine today, box stock. discovered a few things...a) my ib 3800's with welded tabs(side by side) really don't like a 45amp draw(things got toasty). [QUOTE]

Really, the SV27s that I run with run box stock they come back nice and cool usually well under 100 degrees. and they run over the counter stick packs, but when it comes race time and big props go on thats when things start to get warm.

Rex R
05-29-2007, 01:06 PM
things got toasty because the cells got hot (180F), cells got hot mainly because of the thin material in the tabs. (shrugs) got some stick paks on order that should eliminate most of the hot cell prob.s. everything else was cool enough.

Steven Vaccaro
05-30-2007, 10:39 AM
Rex the ib3800 welded packs should take the sv power. I have lots and lots of customers out there using them and ib4200 stick packs.

Rex R
05-30-2007, 01:08 PM
these packs I got last year from a vendor* other than you...and have had issues providing power since I got them. 1st with my lsh now with the sv. melted the shrink wrap off the packs etc. the cells are willing, the tabs are weak. whatever I'm through putting up with these particular packs(had 2 of them 'die' over the winter)
*vendor had welded tabs packs & high output packs with soldered connections... the 'cheap' ones ran $41 a pack, think it was $1.50 a cell to upgrade.

Vee Monster
07-08-2007, 11:48 AM
my supervee runs extremley well on DTX 3800s and they do not get warm.