PDA

View Full Version : Hyperion Charger Repairs

Ken Haines
10-16-2015, 03:14 PM
Just completed a display replacement on my Hyperion 1420i
After following advice on the Helifreak forum.....it now works better than the original.
Most of the Hyperion chargers use a 1602 LCD display board which can be purchased
by many sellers on Ebay for just a few dollars. It took some slight modifications but
it displays so well I am tempted to replace all of my screens,
and I own about 10 Hyperion chargers of differing models.

This definitely works "Vetterick" deserves the credit for the find, but I thought it would be
good to share on this forum. Oh yes, please no challenging rebutals from all the
know-it-alls here. I know for sure that this worked for me and just want to save someone
from throwing a perfectly good Hyperion away due to a dead or hard to read display.
Btw.....I bought a unit that also has a backlight. search on Ebay..."yellow 1602 LCD"
Hope this helps someone,
Ken :bounce:

Doug Smock
10-16-2015, 04:25 PM
Good stuff Ken, thanks!

longballlumber
10-16-2015, 06:19 PM
I will need to keep this in mind. Thanks Ken!

don ferrette
12-26-2015, 06:01 PM
Hi Ken,
Doug Smock turned me on to this thread. Would it be possible for you to give us an idea of how you did the replacement and the "mods" needed? I've got a 615i DUO3 that has a dead display.
thanks!

Ken Haines
12-27-2015, 04:16 PM
Yes Don,
I will open my charger when I get home from Vacation in Colombia.
I had to put a 5k pot on one of the leads to slightly dim the display
so that it was clearly readable.....I just do not remember which lead.
send a pm if I have not responded by January 4th.
Happy New Years,
Ken

mappo
01-02-2016, 11:27 PM
Just completed a display replacement on my Hyperion 1420i
After following advice on the Helifreak forum.....it now works better than the original.
Most of the Hyperion chargers use a 1602 LCD display board which can be purchased
by many sellers on Ebay for just a few dollars. It took some slight modifications but
it displays so well I am tempted to replace all of my screens,
and I own about 10 Hyperion chargers of differing models.

This definitely works "Vetterick" deserves the credit for the find, but I thought it would be
good to share on this forum. Oh yes, please no challenging rebutals from all the
know-it-alls here. I know for sure that this worked for me and just want to save someone
from throwing a perfectly good Hyperion away due to a dead or hard to read display.
Btw.....I bought a unit that also has a backlight. search on Ebay..."yellow 1602 LCD"
Hope this helps someone,
Ken :bounce:
My 720 duo3 packed it in a few months ago from a deans shorting out, will like to know if you guys know where I can send for a repair job?