PDA

View Full Version : Esc dosent like 6s

MG1234
10-03-2015, 09:57 PM
Hi I bought a used Zonda with 220 a ESC, they used to work great on 5 or 6s ,ran maybe 10 runs on 6s ,the rest on 5, now one ESC will work great on 5s but on 6 it cuts in and out ,you can hear it and see the boat changing ,also I never really paid attention to this but when I plug in each ESC it has a long beep and a short one ,it doesn't count the lipo cells like others do,and the stearing servo will work immediately but the motor take 12 to 30 seconds bfore they will spin ,I don't have a manuel but would like to find one if anyone knows where to look,I don't know if it's an external BEC or not ,both ESC are soldered together instead of a plug in Y,any ideas?thanks this boat is complicated but really fast ,

MG1234
10-03-2015, 11:32 PM
I found the start up manuel ,calibration and programming ,pretty simple,I'm going to re calibrate and get a program box to check what voltage its set for ,

srislash
10-04-2015, 12:19 AM
Are you running the BEC in the ESC? If so you can only run it from one ESC and disconnect the red wire on the other. Just throwing a common issue with you.

MG1234
10-04-2015, 01:03 AM
Thanks ,I had heard that a while back but didn't remember the deal,thanks

srislash
10-04-2015, 01:56 AM
Oops, sorry for the misprint there. I typed 'issue with you' and that is not what I meant. Just meant to type common issue on the forum. Dang small screen on the phone, tough to see the whole picture.

MG1234
10-24-2015, 02:12 PM
So I posted on the regular FE thread that my Zonda had one motor that started acting up,then went wide open and then reverse a couple of times before I couls un plug it and it broke the entire strut off ,so I removed thr RCBB ESC and cut open the shrink wrap ,one on top of the other ,these are 200 A,the ESC on bottom controlled the motor that went crazy ,it had a few tiny holes where the caps wore thru the shrink wrap sitting on the bottom ,I cut this all away and it's dry inside ,hooked it up ,motor only and it works fine ,so I've been told to wash them in alcohol and re seal ,or I can spray corrosion X on them ,what would you do? Then I'll install it in a Spartan to test so if it goes crazy again it won't do so much damage ,also reverse is programed out of the ESC but it was definatly running in reverse when it would hic cup,this ESC is also the one that supplies power to the radio ,the other motor didn't do anything ,what do you think?