PDA

View Full Version : Records Trial coming up October 2nd thru 4th Great site news .

bzubee
09-13-2015, 06:23 PM
Come on out and say good by to a great site and hello to an even better site. There will be a $25 flat fee per driver for unlimited runs for this event. We will start on October 2nd and end on October 4th. All 3 courses will be available to set records on 1/3 mile oval, 1/4 mile oval and the SAW. The only site in IMPBA that has these course options. You could actually set 3 records on the same run, set the 2 ovals and SAW, if your boat is fast enough!

This will be your last chance to run or visit the old model boating site. The city of Huntsville built this drivers stand back in 1985 and the Huntsville club has hosted over 8 Internats and the only Gas Internats at this site.

The city of Huntsville is going to build us a new covered drivers stand and launch area centered in our lake it will be located across the lake from our old drivers stand. We have met with the city 2 times so far and given them a list of things we would like for our new location. There will be loads of parking and it is all flat grassy area. We have one more meeting to pickout which design we want them to build. They will have the 1/3. 1/4 and SAW course surevy marks done next week. Club members are both saddened and excited about having a NEW site. They will knock down the old site as soon as our October records trial is over.

Our November 27th thru 29thTurkey Shoot Record Trial will take place at our new site location across the lake. 136912136910136911

Turbo Dan-O
09-14-2015, 09:05 AM
Awesome! Where can I find some more info about this event? Address? Times? Camping?

bzubee
09-14-2015, 09:21 AM
Give me a call at 256-361-3325 also check our clubs web site

http://home.hiwaay.net/~wintrak/RC/2/

T.S.Davis
09-14-2015, 09:23 AM
Two record trials the same weekend. Flip a coin. Heads you go north. Tails you go south.

bzubee
09-14-2015, 10:41 AM
Awesome! Where can I find some more info about this event? Address? Times? Camping?

Time is 8am till dusk camping is available for RVs at the Redstone Arsenal (You must be able to have access to go on a military base MWR) or the Space and Rocket Museum ( Nice place and close) Tent camping is available at the Monte Sano State Park. Address for the lake site is 2213 Drake Ave SW, Huntsville, AL 35805

bzubee
09-14-2015, 10:43 AM
Two record trials the same weekend. Flip a coin. Heads you go north. Tails you go south.

The Huntsville event is a 3 day event vesus a 2 day event for Flint. Plus we offer all 3 courses. But it is your choice.

T.S.Davis
09-14-2015, 11:34 AM
The Huntsville event is a 3 day event vesus a 2 day event for Flint. Plus we offer all 3 courses. But it is your choice.

Just jerk'n yer chain.

I do think it's cool that there are more than one site to do trials. Nobody is driving from Florida to MI just to get a chance to turn some times. haha and NoBOdy is camping at Flint. No can do.

Sure looks like a sweet site down there. The city actually wants you guys there too. Awesome.

bzubee
09-14-2015, 12:36 PM
Yes the city of Huntsville built our exsisting Drivers stand back in 1985 and then had to replace the roof 2 times due to storms such as Katrina and one other also poured a new concrete launch area and new steps to the upper level. Now they are going to build us a brand new one to our specs. Great city for model boating, and tourist dollars.

Fluid
09-14-2015, 06:40 PM
Huntsville is an awesome site, especially since they removed the ski jump and all the submerged trash barrels! The driver's stand is the best I've used, if a bit long in the tooth. Wish I could afford the time to go!

bzubee
09-14-2015, 09:09 PM
Thanks Jay our new drivers stand will be on the other side of the lake and more centered in the lake so there will be equal runout on each end for SAW runs. Plus it will fully covered by a roof for both drivers and judges.

Turbo Dan-O
10-02-2015, 06:43 PM
Been raining like crazy here in middle Tennessee... Is this still going to happen?

bzubee
10-02-2015, 09:43 PM
Been raining like crazy here in middle Tennessee... Is this still going to happen?

We'll be running Sat and Sun.

Turbo Dan-O
10-03-2015, 09:32 PM
Heading down early in the morning. Can't wait to check out some fast boats!:banana:

I'm planning on bringing my dog(on a leash of course) unless that's a no no.

See you guys there!