PDA

View Full Version : BI 29 Collet ?

Leadfingers
09-11-2015, 11:55 AM
I wanted to upgrade the collet, on my BJ 29, ordered a couple but both are to long to fit without cutting the tube 3/8 in or so. Just wondered if any of you guys, have shorten the tube to make it work?..........or should I just reorder the stock one?

Thanks, sorry about the typo in the heading, but it wouldn't let me edit it for some reason

tlandauer
09-11-2015, 12:20 PM
What did you order? The Octura ''long" version?
Just for your info. they make a short version which is approx. the same as the Proboat stock collet. Now I have the Miss Geico V1, it could be different, so don't hold me to it.

Leadfingers
09-11-2015, 07:39 PM
I think I ordered the short version, do you have a link to the one your referring to? Thanks,

tlandauer
09-11-2015, 07:58 PM
This is the short: http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=oct-ocfhe5mm15S
Note the long version has TWO grub screws on the collet.
Let me ask you this, is your motor stock?, if not, your motor shaft maybe longer than stock Proboat and in that case you need to either shorten the shaft or move the motor back, in the V1 MG it was done that way at least.

Leadfingers
09-12-2015, 08:32 AM
Still running the stock motor...... after checking, I must have ordered the long version by mistake. Thanks for your help, will reorder the one in the link you provided.

ChevyPrerunner
10-12-2015, 06:13 PM
Hey Leadfingers, Did you ever happen to order the short version and did it work out? I need to order a new replacement for my stock setup as i just lost a new flex shaft and brand new s&b Prop...

Thanks!

Leadfingers
10-13-2015, 05:54 PM
Had a lot of other stuff going on, but I think they were out of stock or something and never got around to ordering a new one.
The collet is a weak link on the BJ 29. let me know how yours work.

ChevyPrerunner
10-16-2015, 02:00 AM
Got the new collet and tested with a brand new upgrade flex and s&b M445 on my bj29 on 4s and I didn't lose the flex:) better fit than the stock collet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk