PDA

View Full Version : 23" OSE Mini Sniper Build

rc freak
09-02-2015, 10:56 PM
Hi guys, as stated in the title me and my grandpa are each building a 23" sniper hull from OSE which were both ordered last night. He has no rc boating experience but I am trying to get him into the hobby with this build and I do not have experience with a hull this small. While we are waiting on the hulls to come in we would like to start making a parts list. I was wondering what esc, motor, batteries, etc. would be the best to have a good ammount of run time on lower voltage but also be able to reach high speeds for fast passes on higher voltage. I would like to see these boats be able to reach the speeds of a traxxas spartan if possible but I know that is a lot to ask of boats this small. I will leave it at that for now and will post some pics of the hulls when they come in.
Thanks,
Chase

rc freak
09-05-2015, 01:55 PM
Hulls came in today. Will post pics later. What do you guys suggest to use to attach the scoops to the hull?

high-tech
09-05-2015, 08:02 PM
Epoxy

ray schrauwen
09-05-2015, 09:03 PM
Use the best epoxy you can get and the slowest. Sand the bottoms of the two scoops with 80 to 100 grit paper and use 100 to 120 on the top center one. Also sand the surfaces they are bonding to. After I glued the two main scoops, I also put a pair of screws and washers inside juysdt to be sure.

Remember toscuff the inside of the hull with 100 paper before mounting the motor, etc.

See propchooper Tony's build thread for some great ideas on setups. You may see some links to an old build of mine or vids at least.
I have another orange one to build someday soon fgor my gf.

You don't need to spend a lot to make it go fast from 2s to 4s. Leopard 3650 motors or the 2860 leos are lots to get this thing to go silly fast..

rc freak
09-07-2015, 09:44 PM
Got scoops epoxied on over the weekend. Here are some pics from when I first received it to after the scoops have been put on.136628136629136630