PDA

View Full Version : Boat Trailer

pintobean11
08-27-2015, 01:02 PM
I am looking to build a trailer for my spartan. I have a general idea of what I'm going to do but wanted to see if there were any schematics out there to follow? Anyone that has built one themselves that can help me out?

shua
08-27-2015, 01:46 PM
http://kintecracing.com/RC_Trailers.html

Hopefully this will get the creative juices flowing...

Tamelesstgr
08-28-2015, 09:21 AM
Here are some of the best designs I came accross on a GOOGLE search for trailers

pintobean11
08-28-2015, 09:23 AM
I've seen just about every picture there is out there and it helps but it would be nice to see dimensions. I can make a rough draft but of course a proven dimension is best.

lonewolf
08-28-2015, 11:57 AM
build to fit the boat and truck pulling. alot of variables... Look closely at pics and choose your design and style that suits you...Maybe check out some build threads at other sites if you are not finding what you need here, tho most who have done it here are happy to share the info...

pintobean11
08-28-2015, 02:22 PM
build to fit the boat and truck pulling. alot of variables... Look closely at pics and choose your design and style that suits you...Maybe check out some build threads at other sites if you are not finding what you need here, tho most who have done it here are happy to share the info...

The build threads are the most helpful but also seem the most difficult to find. Hopefully someone here can share some information. :)

pintobean11
09-08-2015, 10:38 PM
bump

pintobean11
10-23-2015, 11:02 AM
ttt

nichismo
10-28-2015, 04:56 AM
I dont understand what you mean when you say "proven dimension"

Other than providing the boat it is being made for, you should give a little more information in regards to what you hope to accomplish with the trailer, what tools and resources you have at your disposal, etc. Given that its just a model trailer (albeit you perhaps do desire to connect an RC truck and do a little towing for the added flare), and thus mainly serves as a novelty and aesthetic feature, there is traditional/proven set direction that you need to abide by.

You said that you have seen pretty much every picture out there, so I assume you have already looked at the trailers that are often available for sale on ebay and the services some offer towards making custom ones. I would contact those guys and see if they can help you with the information you seek. I can only imagine that if you havn't been able to get the insight you seek, then you could probably draw more guidance from looking at the real thing (full size trailers for cigarette boats perhaps). Ive been in around boats and water overall my whole life, so for me, thinking of a trailer project for a Spartan, a few key features instantly come to mind, but again, its important you mention what your goals are as this will obviously influence many aspects of the build. For example, just looking at the pictures posted above, its clear to me at least that the makers of the black trailer probably wanted the trailer to move/perform just as realistically as it looks at a stand still, and also wanted the running gear to be durable and last a long time. Is this something that you want as well? or would you rather sacrifice some of this in order for the trailer to look much more realistic and true to scale?

nichismo
10-28-2015, 05:01 AM
lol I must say, this guy did an amazing job with both the trailer and the way he took this picture (its on a table, I chopped just a bit off the bottom of the photo so you cant tell):