PDA

View Full Version : Future NAMBA FE Nationals

D. Newland
08-18-2015, 04:48 PM
We've had a really good run of clubs stepping up to the plate each year to host the Nat's. Just a quick re-cap of past Nat's locations:

2007-Washington
2008-Nor California
2009-Michigan
2010-Colorado
2011-Florida
2012-Los Angeles
2013-Nor California
2014-Michigan
2015-Colorado
2016-Washington

Thanks to those clubs that have hosted previously, and especially Michigan for consistently being there for our hobby every 5 years.

Please remember that it takes clubs/members to step up to the plate and bid for a Nat's. If you're ready, the bidding process is simple. Get in contact with your District Director and express your desire. That's it. The rest will fall into place. It wouldn't hurt to notify me (or my replacement) as well. We can help advocate your desire as well as provide useful information to assist in your quest! It would be nice to see another strong mid-west venue, as well as more east coast options.

if you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks,

David

leonard feeback
08-19-2015, 01:29 PM
Nice post David, IMO. It's hard to just step away from the sport isn't it? Miss seeing you at the races. I have a 1/10th scale you can TRY and drive when you want.

rayzerdesigns
08-19-2015, 02:17 PM
now if we could get you to travel to next years nats leonard...lol..in general if we could get any of the electric guys to travel in d19

T.S.Davis
08-19-2015, 02:20 PM
Dave if a NATS shows up in your area you better come out. Heckle or what ever.

The boys from the west coast have been pretty consistent hosts too.

2002 Washington
2003 California
2004 Florida
2005 Michigan
2006 Jersey

That's as far back as I can remember. There was a year it went to Alaska too. 2001 maybe? Back then I would read about a NATS and think "those people are crazy". bahaha Now I are one of those crazies.

Guys, if at some point you're club feels it might be ready, contact one of these previous hosts. There is a wealth of knowledge out there. Even the clubs that have done it before still contact each other and compare notes. Washington has hosted multiple big events and still we were discussing hiccups that we've experienced prior to their announcement. Anything to make it smoother next time.

You can also talk to likely racers. Guys that have been to races all over are usually keen to share those experiences. The usual suspects are very interested in a successful event. They want it to be successful for you, for themselves, and for the hobby at large.

rayzerdesigns
08-19-2015, 05:07 PM
Dave if a NATS shows up in your area you better come out. Heckle or what ever.

The boys from the west coast have been pretty consistent hosts too.

2002 Washington
2003 California
2004 Florida
2005 Michigan
2006 Jersey

That's as far back as I can remember. There was a year it went to Alaska too. 2001 maybe? Back then I would read about a NATS and think "those people are crazy". bahaha Now I are one of those crazies.

Guys, if at some point you're club feels it might be ready, contact one of these previous hosts. There is a wealth of knowledge out there. Even the clubs that have done it before still contact each other and compare notes. Washington has hosted multiple big events and still we were discussing hiccups that we've experienced prior to their announcement. Anything to make it smoother next time.

You can also talk to likely racers. Guys that have been to races all over are usually keen to share those experiences. The usual suspects are very interested in a successful event. They want it to be successful for you, for themselves, and for the hobby at large.

im not sure we have any ponds big enough to hold a national..at least with a regulation size course

rayzerdesigns
08-19-2015, 05:08 PM
and no one wants to race in az in august..lol..just saying 110+ heat

ray schrauwen
08-19-2015, 07:56 PM
and no one wants to race in az in august..lol..just saying 110+ heat

Then winter or somewhere in between.

ray schrauwen
08-19-2015, 07:58 PM
I remember 2005. Wow, was I blown away at the names that showed up that year. I remember I was in far better shape 10 years ago... I even travelled by myself. Sucks getting older.