PDA

View Full Version : swordfish pro +200a

twonb1
08-15-2015, 10:39 AM
Is a bec needed to run this without a rx pack. If so which ones are you guys using and how are you wiring them in? Thanks in advance.

dmitry100
08-15-2015, 12:05 PM
That depends on how much powerful your servo is... a higher torque servo can kill your receiver battery rather quickly.
Theres guys that run on rx battery, and then theres guys that prefer to run becs.

SportBecs and Castle bec's are good. Just don't buy the overly cheap generic china ones.

Oh, and last time when I replaced my servo for a more powerful savox one-- it ended up killing my receiver battery alot faster than
I ever thought it would and ended up crashing my shocker into a concrete lake wall.

So I think I'll just start using my becs from now on.

ray schrauwen
08-15-2015, 03:55 PM
This esc has NO BEC.

I use a small 2s or 3s lipo connected to a BEC with a dubro qwuick switch mount and rx switch.

I've used HK becs constantly and, I cover them completely in conformal epoxy so they never burn out from moisture.

twonb1
08-16-2015, 07:57 AM
This esc has NO BEC.

I use a small 2s or 3s lipo connected to a BEC with a dubro qwuick switch mount and rx switch.

I've used HK becs constantly and, I cover them completely in conformal epoxy so they never burn out from moisture.

Do you have any pics of your set up

ray schrauwen
08-16-2015, 09:35 AM
Not right now since I'm away from a PC. I'll try with this Lenovo except I hate it and its not friendly for picture storage etc.... Pain in the butt.

twonb1
08-16-2015, 09:34 PM
Ok. Thanks ray