PDA

View Full Version : 1977 Miss Esquire Products

don ferrette
08-08-2015, 12:08 PM
Just posted up a few pics of the my new FE 1/8 scale-
http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?52488-New-FE-1-8-scale-1977-U-64-Miss-Esquire-Products&p=636944&posted=1#post636944
:cool2:

Agitator
08-08-2015, 03:19 PM
Brilliant, Beautiful work as usual Don. Is that one of Larry's engines? Looks fantastic.

Michael

don ferrette
08-09-2015, 09:12 AM
Brilliant, Beautiful work as usual Don. Is that one of Larry's engines? Looks fantastic.

MichaelYes the engine and driver are from Larry, his stuff is top notch. :thumbup1:

nichismo
08-13-2015, 04:02 PM
hey Don, just a quick question

why build the "radio box" in sugh fashion? wouldn't the extra surface create extra weight and less space? is it because the lack of two floors or an engine tub?

just curious, as I have followed all your hydro builds closely, not trying to imply Any nvm. . m. sort of wrong doing :)

don ferrette
08-13-2015, 09:51 PM
hey Don, just a quick question

why build the "radio box" in sugh fashion? wouldn't the extra surface create extra weight and less space? is it because the lack of two floors or an engine tub?

just curious, as I have followed all your hydro builds closely, not trying to imply Any nvm. . m. sort of wrong doing :)The "coffin" as I like to call it enabled me to convert an "open interior" nitro hull to FE with less weight actually and the entire assembly is easily removable. :smile:

nichismo
08-17-2015, 04:00 AM
oh, those look like magnets at the front of the box? so you didnt use any epoxy then to integrate it into the boat, it just slides in?

gosh so many times I look at your builds and see relatively simple concepts like this in yet unique, and I think (WHY didnt I think of that?!) always loved the way your Elam and T6 cowl work and sub hatches were setup, very streamlined and clean, in addition to convenient, easy, and effective.

nice to see someone take a nitro glass hull and convert to FE without having to compromise the component layout. Most people would just take a couple basswood sticks and glue them in just under the edge of the deck somewhere, and then cut a piece of lexan out and then call it a conversion!! the first picture of the bottom of the hull, is that the way the hull came? or did you have to do any modifying to fit the lipos up front?

don ferrette
08-17-2015, 02:20 PM
oh, those look like magnets at the front of the box? so you didnt use any epoxy then to integrate it into the boat, it just slides in?

gosh so many times I look at your builds and see relatively simple concepts like this in yet unique, and I think (WHY didnt I think of that?!) always loved the way your Elam and T6 cowl work and sub hatches were setup, very streamlined and clean, in addition to convenient, easy, and effective.

nice to see someone take a nitro glass hull and convert to FE without having to compromise the component layout. Most people would just take a couple basswood sticks and glue them in just under the edge of the deck somewhere, and then cut a piece of lexan out and then call it a conversion!! the first picture of the bottom of the hull, is that the way the hull came? or did you have to do any modifying to fit the lipos up front?The notch or step in the bottom I added to get the box clearance as far forward as possible as well as the entire area under the "coffin" flat. The box is actually bolted in front and rear, the entire assembly can be removed in about 5 minutes, pull the strut/stuffing tube out, unbolt the box and it's out on the table. :smile:

nichismo
08-17-2015, 11:00 PM
I see I see....

What did you use to fill in the gaps after cutting the step down out? looks very good, the first time I attempted something like this, I used a ridiculous amount of bondo and epoxy to smooth it out and get it to blend in.... clearly you didnt need to do anything like that lol.

Is there a way I could possibly purchase one of these dummy engine kits? Ive thought about making the Go3 boat for a while but wasnt sure about how I would be able to manage fitting everything inside a near entirely flat hatch... The way you did it for this hull is awesome

Agitator
08-18-2015, 07:16 PM
The engine kits/drivers come from Larry Kraemer.

don ferrette
08-18-2015, 07:54 PM
I see I see....

What did you use to fill in the gaps after cutting the step down out? looks very good, the first time I attempted something like this, I used a ridiculous amount of bondo and epoxy to smooth it out and get it to blend in.... clearly you didnt need to do anything like that lol.

Is there a way I could possibly purchase one of these dummy engine kits? Ive thought about making the Go3 boat for a while but wasnt sure about how I would be able to manage fitting everything inside a near entirely flat hatch... The way you did it for this hull is awesome
I made a hardwood block to match the cut out and used it to form carbon fiber into the gaps. As previously mentioned the driver and dummy Allison are from Larry Kraemer. :smile:

oliver
10-15-2015, 09:19 AM
how do I contact larry I need some parts

don ferrette
10-15-2015, 11:23 AM
how do I contact larry I need some parts
larrykraemer@aol.com