PDA

View Full Version : 220 pro + just died

steinersamuel
07-30-2015, 08:02 AM
Ive had this esc for almost a year and a half, bought it new from OSE. Its been sitting waiting for my PX335 tunnel. The first run went off without a hitch. I got to run it for the second time last weekend. water was a bit rough so i was just running some half throttle laps, maybe 60 seconds total and it just dies like it lost signal. Once it was back to shore it was bone dry inside, no smells of any kind and everything was cool. Plug the battery back in and nothing. Pulled shrink wrap off and it was dry, nothing burnt, no smells. WTF

I'm super bummed. Its been ran twice, and not hard. Just having a hard time with this one. Would be different if I had abused or mistreated it, or dunked it.:censored:

dmitry100
07-30-2015, 03:34 PM
Check the legs of the caps that are soldered on the ESC... I have found them to be a tad fragile. Any unusual amount of movement or pressure can snap them off.

Peter A
02-01-2016, 06:39 PM
I just had the same thing yesterday with mine. 1 lap, around half throttle until the front straight, then full throttle and...nothing. Caps power up but nothing from the esc. was running a separate power power supply to rx, and yes had cut the red wire on esc extn. lead. Bit bummed on it as it has had only aroung ten runs on this esc. Motor is TP 4070 1620 kv on 6S. Any ideas? Is it repairable? It has had a problem with 'glitching', cutting on and off, and did this for the first half lap or so. I tried several things to stop the cutting in and out, and for a couple of early runs didn't do it. I've swapped it out at this time for a spare T-180 I have.

dmitry100
02-01-2016, 08:15 PM
Do you have any data logging on it?

Did it come back unusually hot?

How many and what kind of caps are you running?

Peter A
02-01-2016, 09:14 PM
It is the pro+ with data logging but I do not have any way of retrieving the data. No it didn't get hot and I had the hifei cap bank added. Plugging the esc into the reciever there is no power although the caps still charge. It's just Dodo! I sealed the esc but did find a small split in the heat shrink when I removed it from the boat. I have had similar happen to a T-120 one time, it just died, but that may have got water in it from memory. Not sure that it got any water in it though. Could have bought a couple of T-180's for the price of it! Bit gutted as it has not had much use and hasn't been pushed hard at all. Do Hifei repair? Would it be worth it? It came from OSE originally, I brought it unused and have the original purchase receipts somewhere I think.

dmitry100
02-01-2016, 11:25 PM
Yea, I recently sent over 2 x SF 300's which had burnt fets and oxidation from water ... they couldn't repair it due to too much $$ but they take and could repair almost anything.
I'm sure if it was a defect they could probably do it for free or at least a reasonable price.

I would speak to Steve at OSE first though... could just be a defect especially since there was no smoke or short, etc.

You didn't get a USB connector with your SF220 ? If you need one later let me know.