PDA

View Full Version : Leopard motor in my BJ29

Airedout29
07-20-2015, 07:36 PM
I just installed a 1600 kv in my blackjack.... the stock flex shaft is too long by a 1/8 - 1/4 inch due to the longer shaft on the motor... what do i do here? all i know is i hope this boat moves because after i reinforced the hull its very heavy with all the things in it and 3s packs.... it ran 44 mph on two quick bursts on 6s with stock motor and esc.
These speeds were after i reinforced the hull seams and tips due to a crack so i figured i might as well do the seams all the way back.
please any help to get this boat wet instead of always something wrong would be GREAT!

Mxkid261
07-20-2015, 10:24 PM
Cut the cable down and solder the tip

Airedout29
07-23-2015, 09:44 PM
for those who have the leopard 4082 1600 kv please i need your help..

id cut the flexshaft with a dremil with the thread strand.... soldered the tip up real nice and it came out close to shore... .. re solders and it ran close to shore and seemed fine.. went to gas up the boat and it spun and now i lost my flex shaft and my brand new x642 s&b prop.... a bit pissed off now after i swam for my boat as i watched it slowly go down and just wish i could buy a flexshaft already done made to fit OR get the length of the flexshaft so i know where exacally where to cut.. ive tried it a local horizon dealer has tried and nothing.
so for the guys running a geico or BJ 29 with this motor and the stock mount please help and let me know what you have done.... thanks.

waterproof
07-25-2015, 02:50 PM
The geico v2 have the same size like the v3 so you could order a new one, v3 is sold out everywhere but v2 is the same size. 33cm long.
It should not get loose, you could get a flex shaft saver to be safe.

Airedout29
07-25-2015, 03:12 PM
Where do you get flex shaft savers?

Airedout29
07-25-2015, 03:17 PM
Or I've been advised that I should have ordered the leopard 4074 instead Of the 4082 because it's got the proper size collet shaft and a stock size flex shaft will bolt up

waterproof
07-25-2015, 04:02 PM
yes, flex shaft saver could be ordered online, take a google search, rcboatbitz in Australia have it but you need to get it to a 4mm shaft http://shop.rcboatbitz.com.au/images/DSCF6405.jpg, maby ose have it also..
Do you use this motor with stock esc?

Could you post out the gps speed with the new motor when you have get the flex shaft? :)