PDA

View Full Version : E-Mail notifications

TRUCKPULL
07-20-2015, 05:18 PM
Hello

I think I went through this before back in March.
After the last time, I got notifications for about two weeks, then nothing.

I have not had any E-Mail notifications for about two months now.

Larry

ron1950
07-20-2015, 11:31 PM
Same here larry

eboat
07-20-2015, 11:39 PM
I posted in a thread today and got an email notification today someone else had responded

tlandauer
07-21-2015, 12:04 AM
I have abandoned my email notification altogether for a good part of a year. I use Tapatalk and check subscribed threads. It could be that there is some setup preference by OSE in order to allow more speed and capacity. I asked about the view count and got a reply from one of the moderators explaining by not setting a frequent update interval, the Forum is able to gain certain advantage on the internet as far as speed and capacity is concerned.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

T.S.Davis
07-21-2015, 08:37 AM
Wish someone knew what was up with that. Having not changed my setting and losing the notifications is really annoying.

I haven't received a notification since May 18th.

Diegoboy
07-21-2015, 10:15 AM
This issue must be deep in the forum code, as opposed to simply setting changes because I have dug deep into what I can access and nothing is out of place.
I will, however, look into what had occurred on May 18 or thereabouts to see what happened at that time.

Thanks

T.S.Davis
07-21-2015, 12:45 PM
I wonder, is it possible that I clicked on something by mistake in one of my emails that said "unsubscribe" or something? I'll go back through my profile and see if there is something that looks off.

TRUCKPULL
07-21-2015, 02:15 PM
I started this thread to see if it would make a difference in notifications.
I have not received any notifications on this thread or any other that I have posted in.

Larry

Diegoboy
07-22-2015, 12:02 AM
There is something wrong because multiple people are having this issue. I haven't been able to pin point it but the specific date it stopped helps out.

T.S.Davis
07-22-2015, 01:04 PM
Danny, just trying to help. There is definitely something screwy. Here's something I tried.

If I go to my settings and click on the subscriptions folder it shows all of the threads I should be getting notification for. Then over on the right under notifications it says "instant". Next to that is a check box. Seems like there should be a check in there but there isn't. So I tried clicking the notifications check box at the top. That checks all the boxes. Then I clicked the selected threads button at the bottom. It allows you to change the notification to "instantly using email".

Didn't fix it but seemed like it should have.

ron1950
07-25-2015, 11:15 PM
Your doing better than me terry i cant find the instant tab lol