PDA

View Full Version : water outlet sealing

stangguy73
07-16-2015, 08:25 AM
I am going to begin my impulse 31 upgrades. I am installing the dual rudder kit..I know most people are against it but I am willing to sacrifice mph for better handling and it will soon be receiving a leopard motor upgrade. I am installing separate cooling for the motor and esc. I am adding another water outlet to the hull. Do I have to add any type of sealant (ie silicone) or is the washer/gasket they come with enough to create a good seal.

Thanks

TheShaddix
07-16-2015, 02:18 PM
if you don't plan on taking the water outlet out, you can just use epoxy. But silicone will also work fine. Or a rubber gasket... You'll really like the dual rudder setup, it just won't be as fast as with a single, but it'll be super stable. I remember mine was such a joy to run with that setup. It did 38 mph but that was on stock motor and esc. The rooster tail on these things alone is worth it! I would reinforce all the wooden plates inside with titebond 3 wood glue or some epoxy.

lt130th
07-16-2015, 07:10 PM
I've been using plumbers putty on all through hull nut & bolt holes. It just wipes off when you pull the screws out later. Silicone is also fine, I just don't enjoy trying to clean it off later if you ever have to undo the fasteners...but like Shaddix said, there's low probability of you ever needing to pull that water outlet back off...

Luck as a Constant
07-16-2015, 07:28 PM
Plumber putty.
It's easy, no mess, no wait time solution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk