PDA

View Full Version : I'm giving up on proboat

rcdad2
07-08-2015, 08:58 AM
It has been 3 days since I contacted ProBoat about my sons 3 month old Shockwave (the green one). It has about 20 runs on it and the flex shaft broke, ok it happens. I replaced the flex shaft and prop and the next run it happens again. It has always been kept greased usually every 2 runs. After further inspection I noticed the strut had become ovaled out. I removed the strut and the stuffing tube goes thru the strut and one side was worn away. There is no bushing to support the shaft if just floats there. This seems to be a very bad design.
My plan now it to give up on ProBoat and make it more reliable. I have an old impulse 26 that I put a 2000KV brushless in that has never broken a shaft. Using that as my guide I ordered new stuffing tube the same diameter as the impulse 26. I bored out the strut to accept the larger tube and plan to use an impulse 26 shaft and the bushing that comes with the shaft. I will have to shorten it a bit but I’m hoping this will fix the design defect.

kfxguy
07-08-2015, 09:11 AM
When you contacted them, what did they say? They are known for outstanding customer service and I've had a good experience with them myself.

rcdad2
07-08-2015, 09:17 AM
They have said nothing! I contacted them thru the website got an email saying they would contact me.

bigcam406
07-08-2015, 09:18 AM
you are doing the right thing by posting it on here if you want Proboat's attention,since Darin and Raphael frequent this site.i remember i went through alot of crud when i first purchased my Fastech nitro years ago.the quality was terrible,things wrong with the engine.i contacted Horizon and they couldnt exchange it because it was discontinued.i found another brand new one a year later,totally mint.not a thing wrong with it.still running it til this day.night and day difference in build quality.since your boat is so new,i would contact Horizon again by phone and maybe they will set you up straight.i remember emailing Proboat about my boats problems and they never got back to me.i then called Horizon and they helped as best as they could.i basically learned alot from reading forums,as there is alot of helpful advice given here and other sites.hopefully,they'll get back to you asap.

Rafael_Lopez
07-08-2015, 11:28 AM
Rcdad2,
I just replied to you on RcGroups and sent you a PM.

Email is the worst way of contacting us, you cant believe how badly we get spam'ed. If possible, always use the phone service. We have a service in place where you can leave your number and we call you back. The system holds your place in line so you don't fall a sleep listening to music.

Please send me the information I requested so I can have someone from our Product Support department call you.

rcdad2
07-08-2015, 11:58 AM
Rcdad2,
I just replied to you on RcGroups and sent you a PM.

Email is the worst way of contacting us, you cant believe how badly we get spam'ed. If possible, always use the phone service. We have a service in place where you can leave your number and we call you back. The system holds your place in line so you don't fall a sleep listening to music.

Please send me the information I requested so I can have someone from our Product Support department call you.

I have sent you my contact info. It is almost impossible for me to make a call during regular business hours. Thank you for reaching out to me.

Rafael_Lopez
07-08-2015, 12:07 PM
You're welcome. Our CS department is open 7 days a week.

Mon-Fri 8-7 Central time
Sat 8-5 Central time
Sunday 12-5 Central time

rcdad2
07-09-2015, 11:33 AM
CS called and I am happy with what the offered. The gave me the option of a new boat or a crest towards the parts I bought to fix it. I took the credit just because I don't like the design of the strut and tube as it is and wanted to change it.
If I can figure out how to post pictures in this forum it will show the changes I made.

Rafael_Lopez
07-09-2015, 11:43 AM
I am glad we were able to provide you with a positive outcome. I worked in Product Support for nearly 2 years when I started with Horizon. Always making the customer happy is one of the reasons I believe in this company so much.

Thank you for being a customer.
-Rafael

rcdad2
07-09-2015, 11:51 AM
When he offered an exchange he thought I was joking when I said I would accept a Voracity in exchange.

kfxguy
07-09-2015, 11:51 AM
CS called and I am happy with what the offered. The gave me the option of a new boat or a crest towards the parts I bought to fix it. I took the credit just because I don't like the design of the strut and tube as it is and wanted to change it.
If I can figure out how to post pictures in this forum it will show the changes I made.

Good deal. Proboat has the best customer service in the business. I think there is an improved version of the shockwave coming out. If I'm not mistaken they corrected the few issues with it. I love mine. If you can wait, get the new version or maybe get an impulse 31. That's a bad dude there.

rcdad2
07-09-2015, 12:12 PM
I have an impulse 31 v1 and v2
I have 2 impulse 26
And the green shockwave

rcdad2
07-09-2015, 12:19 PM
The v2 is my baby it is a 63mph demon
The 2 impulse 26's were my sons we bought 2 old ones and put in brushless systems. This year the boys wanted to upgrade my youngest bought the shockwave and my oldest bought the v1 which we upgraded to run 3s or 4s single pack. He runs 37mph on 3s and 49 on 4s

barry1me
07-09-2015, 03:57 PM
I have to say I am impressed with Rafeal and how is trying to help me. I am glad I am sticking with Proboat/HH.

rcdad2
07-11-2015, 08:02 AM
Here is some photos

Doby
07-11-2015, 09:35 AM
I have to say I am impressed with Rafeal and how is trying to help me. I am glad I am sticking with Proboat/HH.

Good to hear...to bad you can't change the title of the thread now.