PDA

View Full Version : cut the decals for my Daytona

kwiktsi
06-29-2015, 07:46 PM
Just busted out my old Roland plotter and cut a couple of things for my daytona. It's not on par with lots of the graphics I have seen on this site, but it works. Once I saw the red leopard motor against the cf when I first got the hull, red and black was going to be the theme. I have seen so many carbon daytona's with chrome lettering and such and liked the look so I decided to go with red chrome on this one. Simple but I like it. I just need to somehow find a windshield template or image and I'll cut that too. If I can't find one, I was thinking of just using the cats eye shape for the windshields.

kwiktsi
06-29-2015, 08:14 PM
Decided to give the eyes a try for the windshield. Not too bad. First one I cut was smaller, I thought they looked too small and went up 25%- I think it looks better, my 6 year old is pissed at me because he likes the smaller ones lol.

Heath M
06-29-2015, 08:34 PM
Looks awesome, good job.

kwiktsi
06-29-2015, 09:11 PM
Thanks! Usually not a fan of solid color decals like this, but I think it all goes together nicely.

tlandauer
06-29-2015, 09:47 PM
Looks awesome and the windshield is the best, something different and stands out! Simply lines with imagination just begs to be complimented!

boilo56
06-29-2015, 10:04 PM
Very nice boat! The windshield looks great! And the color Just make the icing on the cake! Good job!

kwiktsi
06-29-2015, 11:19 PM
Thanks guys! I'm glad I decided to give the cat eyes a try for the windshield, it goes perfectly with the fighter cat theme Imo. I did one more because my 6 year old saw the partial drawing I made a while ago on the computer, thought it was cool and insisted I use it lol.

kwiktsi
07-02-2015, 02:02 PM
Got it on the water today for the first time since the vinyl so I snapped a couple of pics.

Jeff Wohlt
07-02-2015, 03:58 PM
Very nice...Did you send Ben some shots?

kwiktsi
07-02-2015, 08:13 PM
Not yet. I was debating on doing so but have seen some very nice daytona's that blow this out of the water, so I wasn't sure he'd be interested haha.

Brandon Galles
07-20-2015, 10:41 AM
What a simple design & what a beautiful outcome! Really like the looks of this graphics!

kwiktsi
07-20-2015, 11:28 AM
Thanks Brandon! The boat has certainly gotten a lot of compliments at the lake as well. Really happy with the finished product! The more I look at the "crossbones" decal though, the less I like it. It looks a bit too phallus lmao. I thought I could just think innocently and ignore it but the more I see it, the more it bugs me. I think I'm going to redraw that one a bit differently lol.