PDA

View Full Version : Need HELP with my shockwave 26 :(

jirish617
06-28-2015, 10:30 PM
Hi all! I need help. So I've owned mine SW26 for roughly a month, with probably 10-15 runs on it. KFX guy has helped me a ton. I put a new setup consisting of:
Neucastle 1415
Seaking 120a
CNC prop

So yesterday I brought it over to by my brothers so he could test drive it, well I developed my own rule of only driving the boat when there is wind, as I do not have a recovery method as of yet(soon to be a second boat). Well it was my luck that the SW went dead in the water in the middle of the pond near a fountain. The fountain ripples push it closer but was too far. I was VERY tempted to go in for but opted to not. After waiting an hour, the sun went down. I ate dinner, went to Walmart and looked for options. Turn in to me buying a hoola-hoop and 100ft of rope and more or less lasso'd the boat back on. I got a chance to take a look at the boat this evening, it appears to the flex shaft seized in the the stuffing. I greased it for every outing, maybe I should've done ever run.

Went to pull the prop and flex shaft out, out came the prop and the end of the shaft, while the rest of it is stuck in the stuffing tube.

I know the tube is glued in, this is my first boat so bare with me. How the heck do I replace this thing?

kfxguy
06-29-2015, 12:45 AM
You need to unscrew the little holder and carefully start twisting and pulling it out. The glue holding it in isn't strong. Then you'll need to drill the hole in the hull a touch bigger to 1/4". Then drill the hole in the strut to 1/4". Try not to mess the shape of the stock tube up too much When pulling it out btw, and bend you another one out of 1/4" brass. Can you solder? I hope so. Cut you two pieces 1" long or so (of the size tube that slides in the 1/4" tube...forgot the size) and drill a small hole at each end of your stuffing tube (once it fitted to the hull the size you need) and rough up those two 1" pieces of brass. Solder them in through the holes of drilled in the end to hold them in the tube. That's about it. I did this to mine and it's help up well. Hit 61.8mph with it today too!

kfxguy
06-29-2015, 12:47 AM
If you just can't do it, pack it up and send it to me and I'll fixit for you.

jirish617
06-29-2015, 08:25 AM
I personally can't solder, if have to have a family member do it. would you really? I mean I don't think I'd struggle if I didn't have to solder but I can't do that clean. Plus the reality of it is I'm not too sure when I'd get to tinker with it. I've only been able to drive it once a week for a couple packs, my work schedule is heavy forbthebbest few months due to 2 jobs and re-enrolling in some more school.

It's weird to me cause as a hole boats seem rather simple, but I don't know my way around them well. Hand me a 1/10 scale off-road buggy and I can figure out anything. Then again I don't have to start making custom parts lol

kfxguy
06-29-2015, 08:45 AM
I personally can't solder, if have to have a family member do it. would you really? I mean I don't think I'd struggle if I didn't have to solder but I can't do that clean. Plus the reality of it is I'm not too sure when I'd get to tinker with it. I've only been able to drive it once a week for a couple packs, my work schedule is heavy forbthebbest few months due to 2 jobs and re-enrolling in some more school.

It's weird to me cause as a hole boats seem rather simple, but I don't know my way around them well. Hand me a 1/10 scale off-road buggy and I can figure out anything. Then again I don't have to start making custom parts lol

You can use loctite sleeve retainer instead. You can only get it from Napa if you don't order it off the internet