PDA

View Full Version : Alright..Who wants to build me a boat? 35-45" Mono

z400
06-21-2015, 12:40 AM
I want a boat, i dont want to build one.

Ive had a wanted ad posted for awhile now with no luck.

Wanting a 35-45" Mono that'll run anywhere from 60-80mph.
Wanting something that is fun, fast and a handful.

Send me PM.

tlandauer
06-21-2015, 12:52 AM
I want a boat, i dont want to build one.

Ive had a wanted ad posted for awhile now with no luck.

Wanting a 35-45" Mono that'll run anywhere from 60-80mph.
Wanting something that is fun, fast and a handful.

Send me PM.

Instead of waiting for "them" to PM you, I would use the PM function to contact those you have in mind.....
Good luck!

Luck as a Constant
06-21-2015, 05:32 AM
I had a boat for you. But you were lazy about going after it. You said "shoot me a pm sometime" or something. I was not sure if I wanted to sell, and that certainly posed no interest for me to chase you around trying to haggle over a price you wanted to spend. Plus your budget wasn't good for a boat that size.
My suggestion would be, try to be more ambitious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iridebikes247
06-21-2015, 08:57 AM
A lot of the good builders on here have their hands full they don't need to chase customers for business as they have an entire room full of hulls to be built, you should see some of the waiting lists.

kevinpratt823
06-21-2015, 10:43 AM
Like it was said, if you want somebody to build it you're likely going to be waiting a bit. I would suggest you keep a close eye on the swap shop, and when something comes up, just buy it.

FWIW, I've watched a handful of good boats come and go since you started looking, D. Newman sold a nice Cyberstorm 3 hrs after he posted it, heck I even bought the one from Luck a day after it was posted. Tire kickers may get something close to what they want for cheap, once in a while, but if you see something come up, and it suits your need, BUY IT. People waste time and miss out by trying to make "offers" all the time, then somebody just comes in and takes it at asking price and the tire kickers get all upset.

BTW, there is a huge difference between a 35" and a 45" mono, you might want to narrow that down a bit.

If all else fails,the new Proboat Impulse may be out in time, and it looks like a great quality boat for a RTR.

Doby
06-21-2015, 12:16 PM
Is your budget realistic for something that will be 60-80 mph and a "handful"?

danielplace1962
06-21-2015, 02:16 PM
What is the budget ?

A 60-80 mph mono of that size built with anything worth building it with can easily cost $2500 - $3000 to build without even going overboard with anything.

kevinpratt823
06-21-2015, 03:23 PM
What is the budget ?

A 60-80 mph mono of that size built with anything worth building it with can easily cost $2500 - $3000 to build without even going overboard with anything.
And what is the size? A 45" mono that does 60-80 is approximately double the cost of a 35" mono for the same speeds when you include batts, etc.

danielplace1962
06-21-2015, 03:34 PM
And what is the size? A 45" mono that does 60-80 is approximately double the cost of a 35" mono for the same speeds when you include batts, etc.

Definitely. Just like going from 60 to 80 mph in a 45" would almost double the cost by the time you upgraded the motor/s, esc/s and batteries to get another 20 out of it.

A 35" at 60 mph versus a 45" at 80 mph could be several times more in what it would cost to do.

Luck as a Constant
06-21-2015, 03:53 PM
Well, from his other thread, his budget was 600-800. It may have changed, but I offered my sweet df 35 for 800, to which he told me to pm him sometime, and we'll work something out. which to me is basically saying, that's too much and I want to put little effort into acquiring your boat.
"Shrug"

Kevin's buddy is happy with it now.

z400
06-21-2015, 04:11 PM
Yikes...

Well nevermind.
I'll find me one some place else.

z400
06-21-2015, 04:38 PM
This place went from being THE spot for FE boats. Now its, you are on your own buddy.

Ive been away from boats for a few years now, sorry, i didnt write down any builders on a piece of paper who i should
PM once i decide to get back into the hobby.

Way to steer someone far and clear of this hobby. A+
good lord.

tlandauer
06-21-2015, 04:51 PM
Well, the scene might have changed in so far as some newer FE boaters joined and with newer technology they attained speed in a shorter time span than some of the "previous generation" FE boaters.
When a question is asked openly as you have, you need to expect all kinds of answers.
Since you had more than ONE THOUSAND posts, I thought you would know who are the established builders, hence my suggestion........
I am sorry that you feel this way about this place, I still think the spirit is the same but that is for you to judge.
Cheers and good luck in search the right person and boat.
Meanwhile.... try flying Quad Copters...... :w00t: ( J/K)

Luck as a Constant
06-21-2015, 05:41 PM
This place went from being THE spot for FE boats. Now its, you are on your own buddy.

Ive been away from boats for a few years now, sorry, i didnt write down any builders on a piece of paper who i should
PM once i decide to get back into the hobby.

Way to steer someone far and clear of this hobby. A+
good lord.

Nobody was negative except maybe my posts. Don't snap at these guys man, they're trying to help

z400
06-21-2015, 06:05 PM
Awesome

I try to buy a boat from you, you tell me you arent sure or not on selling it.. so i dont jump into a deal right away, now you are bashing me via the world wide web.
This is great... applause*

Luck as a Constant
06-21-2015, 06:06 PM
sorry for derailing this thread. ill stay out
Good luck on your search man \m/. I hope you find what you're looking for.

kevinpratt823
06-21-2015, 08:08 PM
I was afraid you might take offense, I meant no disrespect and I doubt others did either. Understand though, that your request is extremely vague and that frustrates people who want to help. I had also noticed you have quite a few posts behind you, so you should realize that the difference between 60mph and 80mph is huge, and the difference between a 35" and a 45" mono is also huge. Basically, the range is from a 35" mono on 4s-6s, to a 45" mono on 10s2p. My Cyberstorm can practically fit inside my 45" Sniper..... Now that you're asking for somebody to build the boat, you have the opportunity to select exactly what you want, but you don't state what you want.
If you have one built, it's going to take some time, and cost roughly twice the $$$. If you wait and watch the swap shop, you may find something close to what you want, and if you do, don't hesitate or it will be gone.

ls1fst98
06-21-2015, 08:12 PM
an 80mph boat is not gonna be easy to find in that budget unless you get lucky on a second hand one. especially not RTR or even Rx ready. an esc alone for that setup is gonna be close to 250-300, the motor 200+ not to mention lipos, the hull, the hardware, the build itself.

Heath M
06-21-2015, 08:16 PM
Save yourself some grief and $$ and build one yourself. Your going to have to buy the hull and parts and ship it to someone to build for you, then have them ship it back and that all costs money.
Look through the build threads ask the right questions, take your time and you'll find it really isn't that hard.

z400
06-21-2015, 10:12 PM
Im still not even sure where you guys are finding out today, how much ive got to spend on something like this..
That is not mentioned anywhere here.
I dont need to post a budget in order to get ahold of someone who is interested in building me a boat.

I have nothing else to say.
You guys win.

Luck as a Constant
06-21-2015, 10:22 PM
They're going based on what I said dude, based on the info you had given me.
Don't hold it against them.
Why don't you just clue them in already instead of continuing to argue over stuff I brought up.

tlandauer
06-21-2015, 10:40 PM
Im still not even sure where you guys are finding out today, how much ive got to spend on something like this..
That is not mentioned anywhere here.
I dont need to post a budget in order to get ahold of someone who is interested in building me a boat.

I have nothing else to say.
You guys win.

Not entirely true, a responsible builder would ask you this question, because his reputation is at stake, if your budget can't reflect what you have in mind and he builds one according to how much funds are allocated to him and you are not happy with the result, and as you pointed out, it is not entirely impossible for you NOT to air out your complaints here, then the ENTIRE WORLD knows, who is then going to applause the fire works? :bounce:
I have been here for a few years, as i recall, the question that is ask first has always been " how much is your budget, then how fast you want it to go"?
The more acclaimed/responsible a builder he is , the more careful he will be at ironing out the budget first.......
However, this scenario would be different if you had already secured a builder and all the communications are done in private, both parties would have certain flexibilities.
Please understand that I am not here to "teach" a lesson, it just bothers me to see an unhappy boater and I am just trying to express my take on this matter, it is my opinion and you are very free to disagree.
Cheers!

MiG-35
06-21-2015, 10:43 PM
Sorry guys, I'm relatively new here, but attitudes like some here steer people, specially new ones, right off the hobby.
And this is one of the reasons why the hobby isn't as strong as it could be.
The guy just ask a simple question of who wants to build a boat for him.
So far I couldn't see any helpful information... and the thing is just escalating to an argument.
He already told that he doesn't have a list of names...
Give him a list of names and let him discuss budget with the future builder.
People have to stop jumping into conclusion!
I would like to find a list of builders myself, but now don't even going to ask! :sad:
People sometimes forget this is a hobby, and a hobby is meant to make people relax and forget the daily stress.
And taking it to seriously can work on the opposite way! Relax, take it easy and have fun!
Happy Boating everyone.:laugh:

tlandauer
06-21-2015, 10:49 PM
Because it is a hobby, you are not going to get a bunch of overly happy jumping puppies to take the offer to build someone a boat! let alone that there is no clear budget.
No, I don't think anyone is trying to give the OP a hard time save for some misunderstandings between two parties.
The very first response was from me, I said he should PM someone, if he doesn't know anyone, he is welcome to PM me and I can give him a list, but I am not going to give him the list here in the open, I don't want to offend anyone here. There are a whole list I have in mind based on years of observation and sometimes first person experiences.
I have been here long enough that I do know the different approaches taken by these good builders, I know the methods and styles, the materials they like to use, the kinds of boat that would go to a specific purposes.
To imply that people are driven away is simply not true, in any event, I have to disagree with the above post.

Luck as a Constant
06-21-2015, 10:53 PM
Oh for cripes sake.
Here

Keith bradley
Joel mertz (rockstar)
Travis (kfxguy)
Tony (propperchopper)
Or contact chris at fine design

There's 5 guys who will take their time to build you a boat.
And I'm sure they want to know a budget, but apparently that's not necessary.
Now you have the info. Pm them and get your boat built.

Done.

tlandauer
06-21-2015, 10:58 PM
What about yourself????? :bash::bash:

Luck as a Constant
06-21-2015, 11:06 PM
What about yourself????? :bash::bash:

Lol no time tim.
And no I wasn't responding to your above post haha
I figure I'll try to get this guy straight.
I offered up my df35 but he didn't pursue it. Oh well. I did sell it cause I got an actual offer on it.

I did find this boat still for sale
http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=47819
If he's smart he will pm the guy and buy the thing. Then all this can be over with lol

tlandauer
06-21-2015, 11:08 PM
haha, no worries, I know you weren't responding, and enjoy your new hobby.
Cheers!
I remember that guy, that was a good build! :thumbup1:

Luck as a Constant
06-21-2015, 11:12 PM
haha, no worries, I know you weren't responding, and enjoy your new hobby.
Cheers!
I remember that guy, that was a good build! :thumbup1:

No doubt man... The excercise has been great!
I still enjoy watching you guys build boats and chiming in to help people on their quests... But bikes are where I'm at these days.
Cheers bro!

kevinpratt823
06-22-2015, 05:33 AM
A responsible builder is also going to kind of want to know what boat you want built. There are plenty of people who have experience with building a 30-35" mono, not quite as many have experience with a 40-45" mono.

Fwiw, I don't know if you have your heart set on a minimum of 35", but there are a bunch of hulls in the 30-35" range, not so many in the 35-40" range, but there are a handful in the 40-45" range.

Some good advice I got a long time ago in regards to trying to help somebody was, "Don't ever try harder than the person you're trying to help".

I know the thread seems to have gone sour, but if you read between the lines there is some helpful info in over the last 30 posts, yet you still haven't told us you're budget, what type of boat (more specifically), or the goals you have with it (more specifically). Would you care to share that info?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

ls1fst98
06-22-2015, 07:18 AM
well to give him an idea, i have a 47 pursuit mono with castle 2028 and sf esc, it run on 8 to 10s 2p and is a blast. very quick, stable, and corners on rails. but to build it id love to know what his budget is. does he have batts? does he have any hardware, motor, esc? how soon do you want it done?

Navherc130
06-23-2015, 01:57 PM
I do not know anyone on this board, but they are correct in being able to find deals in the swap shop. I bought my motley that way, "used my own motor and ESC", already had TX...and just did the same just a few months or so ago on a HydroMarine NoStep 4, which I have no idea how to power correctly by the way (my own stuff laying around) 5s, 1650KV inrunner and birdie esc..again my own cheap As* Tx. You ain't gonna be able to turn it at those speeds anyhow unless you got a real big lake. Again, look at the swap shop closely. If there are a bunch of hagglers in the thread, a few will know their salt. Bid accordingly. The end.

kfxguy
06-23-2015, 03:59 PM
I'm not sure he's looking anymore......:spy:

tlandauer
06-23-2015, 04:22 PM
I'm not sure he's looking anymore......:spy:

We sent him away, sadly............
my advice to him to look out for a builder was based on his post counts, but apparently he has been out for a long time and simply didn't know, and I didn't want to just post a bunch of names here to cause a stir, you are one of the best builders here, but you know how a misunderstanding can easily occur here on the Forum.
I sincerely hope that he realizes that it was well meaning and we weren't jumping all over him with advices regarding having a clear budget in mind before embarking on this journey.
All I can say at this point is Good Luck to him!

kfxguy
06-23-2015, 04:45 PM
We sent him away, sadly............
my advice to him to look out for a builder was based on his post counts, but apparently he has been out for a long time and simply didn't know, and I didn't want to just post a bunch of names here to cause a stir, you are one of the best builders here, but you know how a misunderstanding can easily occur here on the Forum.
I sincerely hope that he realizes that it was well meaning and we weren't jumping all over him with advices regarding having a clear budget in mind before embarking on this journey.
All I can say at this point is Good Luck to him!

He bought my kbb34. I appreciate the compliment! I think he'll be happy with this thing. I didn't want to sell it but I'm just gonna build another when I have time. I have other boats to play with and he wanted something right now.

tlandauer
06-23-2015, 04:47 PM
What a great move!!!
I am so glad for him!!!!!! :rockon2::rockon2::rockon2:

Spartanator
06-24-2015, 11:45 PM
He bought my kbb34. I appreciate the compliment! I think he'll be happy with this thing. I didn't want to sell it but I'm just gonna build another when I have time. I have other boats to play with and he wanted something right now.

Hopefully that hull hull will get to ya'' safely... I will have to go into storage to find that hardware....

I am not sure what I have and don't have anymore rc wise. Been playing with a Coyote... lol

dmitry100
06-25-2015, 12:24 AM
kfxguy: What kind of motor/ESC did you have in that KBB 34 ?

kfxguy
06-25-2015, 12:41 AM

Neu 1527 1500kv 8mm shaft, swordfish 300 lite Esc

montymike
06-25-2015, 05:00 PM
:iagree:Wow...

kfxguy
06-25-2015, 05:23 PM

Originally I had a 2260 lehner and an mgm 25035 Esc in it. It did 91 in that configuration. The motor took a dump for some reason and I suspect it was the cause of my Esc being nuked. The setup in it now is less from being on the edge than the lehner setup, although I liked the lehner and I hope that lehner takes care of me on that motor, I feel more comfortable with the neu setup. Maybe I feel like it's more forgiving. Maybe I just got a bad motor, it happens. The new owner will be thrilled with this boat I think. I packed it up very well last night and shipped it off today. I think I almost shed a tear as I was packing it up. The only thing that kept me from is the fact that I have another hull and parts on the way. Minus an Esc because no one has the 300's in stock right now. And I'm having a custom wind 1527 made.