PDA

View Full Version : just stops

waynedawg
09-28-2008, 08:49 PM
:help:i did all the mods and they are fine . i have 2 sets of batt packs 1 is a set of 3800 and 2 is a set of 4200 nmh . after about 5 runs up and down the pond it just shuts off i checked and nothing is hot and i have good water flow after they shut of i checked the batt and the voltage was as follows the 3800s 7.94 and 6.68 the 4200s 7.53 and 8.02. i dont have a real good charger could this be the problem thanks:help:

angrylipo
09-28-2008, 10:09 PM
no that is not the problem, this happened to me and the guys at proboat said that my motor is pulling so much power from my esc that the receiver shuts down. this thing will maintaine a constant voltage http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=SPM1600
run that on a y adapter and it should stop

waynedawg
09-28-2008, 10:15 PM
does this work if you dont have a spektrum radio? im still running the proboat radio

waynedawg
10-03-2008, 11:27 AM
do you guys think its the low voltage cutoff? if so should i get the program card and reprogram the esc? what setting would i reprogram it to? thanks for the help

thrashmetal
10-03-2008, 02:26 PM
from what ive heard the stock esc in the blackjack brushless is starting to show some issues with it cutting off during runs.

i know of 3 blackjack brushless owners who have been having this problem with the esc just shutting down during runs. 2 of these guys are running the stock radio and receiver and the other guys is running a spektrum radio and receiver. it doesnt seem to matter if your running lipo batteries or nimh or ni cads.

they have been asking me if i was having any issues with my esc shutting down and i wasnt having any problems. ive been running mine on 6s lipo but today running it the esc started to shut down .

i have the programming card set to lipo cutoff and im also using a spektrum tx/rx

my esc started shutting down not even a minute into running it. after hearing all the horror stories about the stock esc i was kind of expecting it to start with mine soon enough. lol

oh well time to install the castle hydra 120 esc . the stock esc will be used as a paperweight on my work bench.

rockwerks
10-03-2008, 03:16 PM
from what ive heard the stock esc in the blackjack brushless is starting to show some issues with it cutting off during runs.

i know of 3 blackjack brushless owners who have been having this problem with the esc just shutting down during runs. 2 of these guys are running the stock radio and receiver and the other guys is running a spektrum radio and receiver. it doesnt seem to matter if your running lipo batteries or nimh or ni cads.

they have been asking me if i was having any issues with my esc shutting down and i wasnt having any problems. ive been running mine on 6s lipo but today running it the esc started to shut down .

i have the programming card set to lipo cutoff and im also using a spektrum tx/rx

my esc started shutting down not even a minute into running it. after hearing all the horror stories about the stock esc i was kind of expecting it to start with mine soon enough. lol

oh well time to install the castle hydra 120 esc . the stock esc will be used as a paperweight on my work bench.

send it in for warranty work or sell it to me to play around with

rockwerks
10-03-2008, 03:18 PM
:help:i did all the mods and they are fine . i have 2 sets of batt packs 1 is a set of 3800 and 2 is a set of 4200 nmh . after about 5 runs up and down the pond it just shuts off i checked and nothing is hot and i have good water flow after they shut of i checked the batt and the voltage was as follows the 3800s 7.94 and 6.68 the 4200s 7.53 and 8.02. i dont have a real good charger could this be the problem thanks:help:

so these are nimh cells? if so turn off the lipo cut off, how many cells in each pack? series or parallel?

If they are lipo then you are running 22.2 volts through? that is higher than the esc is rated to handle I believe

chirotray
10-03-2008, 03:52 PM
guys- been around a bunch of these boats. It is the cutoff. You need the program card. The esc can do 4 different cutoffs. 2 lipo, 2 in nimh. Its programmed to high cutoff for nimh from the factory. This cutoff is so high that most people only get a couple laps in. Trust me, get the card, change the cutoff, and you will not have any more issues. Hope this clears it up.

Spot Me 2
10-03-2008, 04:21 PM
guys- been around a bunch of these boats. It is the cutoff. You need the program card. The esc can do 4 different cutoffs. 2 lipo, 2 in nimh. Its programmed to high cutoff for nimh from the factory. This cutoff is so high that most people only get a couple laps in. Trust me, get the card, change the cutoff, and you will not have any more issues. Hope this clears it up.

:iagree:

I had the same proplem!

Apples1
10-03-2008, 06:53 PM
if you want a stop gap in the mean time try, with the esc switched on ,holding full throttle and plugging in both batts while still holding full throttle down. you may need a second person, this will fix your problem untill you get your card, but you will have to do it for each run!

good luck let me know hoe it goes?

thrashmetal
10-03-2008, 07:05 PM
i have the programming card for my blackjack and set the lipo cutoff before.

the esc is still shutting down. the esc is crap. thats why so many people who own them are having issues.

even though the esc bites it the stock motor is great.

domwilson
10-03-2008, 07:07 PM
I had the same problem. Used the program card and the problem went away. I thought the ESC was flakey so I replaced it. After awhile found others were having the same problem until they used the program card. It appears the program card is a "must have" for this ESC to work properly.

thrashmetal
10-03-2008, 07:16 PM
i guess ill have to use my programming card again and do my settings all over.

then ill try and run it again and see what happens.

waynedawg
10-03-2008, 10:18 PM
ok guys thanks a bunch this was realy frustrateing as im new to boats and this is my first one thanks again ill order the card

domwilson
10-03-2008, 10:47 PM
If you're not running lipos put it at the lowest cutoff voltage and set the battery type to NIMH. It's a boat, so who needs brakes? But for good measure, go out and kick the neighbor's cat. Just kidding about the brakes!:just-kidding:

waynedawg
10-04-2008, 06:25 PM
ok back from the lake tryed the stop gap from apples 1 worked like a charm got almost 15 min run time thanks alot guys ill order the card and reprogram the esc thanks again