PDA

View Full Version : Spartan vs Blackjack

Leadfingers
06-12-2015, 06:53 PM
T have a Spartan, upgraded cooling, 5" rudder, upgraded strut and flex cable. w/prather 215 balanced prop. hitting 50+ on a good day. I really like the Spartan, but wanted a cat, ordered one of the new Blackjacks 29. It should be here tomorrow, can't wait to see how it does compared to the Spartan. Are there any upgrades that need to be done to the Blackjack right away or is it pretty much ready to go out of the box?

Thanks
Leadfingers

microsalmo
06-14-2015, 08:50 AM
T have a Spartan, upgraded cooling, 5" rudder, upgraded strut and flex cable. w/prather 215 balanced prop. hitting 50+ on a good day. I really like the Spartan, but wanted a cat, ordered one of the new Blackjacks 29. It should be here tomorrow, can't wait to see how it does compared to the Spartan. Are there any upgrades that need to be done to the Blackjack right away or is it pretty much ready to go out of the box?

Thanks
Leadfingers

Pretty much ready to go. Tighten everything down and grease the flex cable. If you're able to, dial the timing back to 7.5 degrees to keep things a little cooler and raise the strut to about 1/8th inch above the pad. Great boat. You'll enjoy it.

Steve

Leadfingers
06-14-2015, 12:22 PM
Thanks for the advice Steve, looking forward getting it set up and running good. I got the boat yesterday and was told the program module was included with the new V3. The online pdf manual says included and the one that came with the boat says optional, little confused about that......anyway I don't have a card yet, to program it. The default setting is 80% of full throttle, so I can't get 100% with out the card. Is there a way to change the setting with the transmitter? I was impressed with the finish on the new hull, great looking boat and it seem to handle well, just need to get her to 100% throttle.

microsalmo
06-14-2015, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the advice Steve, looking forward getting it set up and running good. I got the boat yesterday and was told the program module was included with the new V3. The online pdf manual says included and the one that came with the boat says optional, little confused about that......anyway I don't have a card yet, to program it. The default setting is 80% of full throttle, so I can't get 100% with out the card. Is there a way to change the setting with the transmitter? I was impressed with the finish on the new hull, great looking boat and it seem to handle well, just need to get her to 100% throttle.

No problem.. I believe you just squeeze the throttle trigger to the fully open position when you power on the boat. this should reset throttle to 100% if I'm not mistaken. If you search, there are threads in this forum on that very topic. Steve

Leadfingers
06-14-2015, 03:07 PM
Thanks, will give it a try this afternoon and let you know, if that does the trick. I have tried to read most of the related threads, guess I missed it. I'm running 4's 5000 7.4 (50c) now, do I need to move up to 6's to bring out the beast in her? I see a lot on props, any suggestions there? I really appreciate the help Steve !

microsalmo
06-14-2015, 03:25 PM
4s is lots of fun. 5s is wonderful. I didn't see much benefit in the 6s... Mostly more heat & wear with a touch more zip. With 5s, I run the balanced and sharpened m445 available for sale here and it's fantastic.

Steve