PDA

View Full Version : The New BJ26

SJFE
09-27-2008, 09:55 AM
Any of you guys who get the Horizon catalog may have seen this already. I personaly didnt catch it untill looking a few times. Proboat has come out with a new revision of the nitro bj26. It features an aluminum offset rudder(with pickup) and standerd strut. Maybe this will be the package for conversion that will have the most stable handeling yet...... By the middle of winter Horizon may have the parts avalable to order a hull and hardware. Question is whos taking one for the team?????:spy:

Spot Me 2
09-27-2008, 10:20 AM
I might. What's the price point on the hull and hardware??

SJFE
09-27-2008, 10:28 AM
I have no clue. I know the original bj nitro hull is around 130 shipped.

RCprince
09-29-2008, 12:36 AM
sweet

Hull: BJ26SS
$179.99 [PRB2819]

Prop Strut Set (Red): BJ26SS
$12.99 [PRB2825]

Rudder & Strut Set (Red): BJ26SS
$19.99 [PRB2824]

http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo/Gallery/PRB2800T-GAL2.jpg

thrashmetal
09-29-2008, 03:56 PM
the aluminum hardware on the new blackjack ss looks pretty nice.

if it improves the handling of my brushless blackjack ill be definately buying this new hardware. the price looks pretty good for this hardware too.

it will be bye bye plastic crap hardware hello shiny red stuff.:w00t:

Avanti
09-29-2008, 03:56 PM
that stuff looks like weak sauce, I would not use it for a fast boat; one spin out at speed and the hardware is toast (jmo based on the pics given by rcprince) don't get me wrong it looks nice, just not very sturdy.

rockwerks
09-29-2008, 04:03 PM
that stuff looks like weak sauce, I would not use it for a fast boat; one spin out at speed and the hardware is toast (jmo based on the pics given by rcprince) don't get me wrong it looks nice, just not very sturdy.

you can tell that by HOW? just one pic? and the existing plastic stuff is better?????????

Doby
09-29-2008, 04:48 PM
you can tell that by HOW? just one pic? and the existing plastic stuff is better?????????

:iagree::iagree:

Avanti, You have no experience with this hardware. Your comments are unfounded.

thrashmetal
09-29-2008, 05:05 PM
all i know is the stock plastic hardware that comes on the blackjack doesnt work very well.

the boat runs great in a straight line but turning with that stock hardware is another story.

im willing to try the new hardware as it cant be any worse than the stock setup.lol

Avanti
09-29-2008, 05:24 PM
plastic sux but that thin aluminum is not much better.
the aquacraft hardware is far superior to the proboat stuff and even that stuff fails once you get over 40mph and spin out

you can plainly see by the pics that that pb hardware is thin, there for it WILL FAIL trust me

Diegoboy
09-29-2008, 05:46 PM
The key here is to setup your boat properly so that it won't spin out @ 40+mph! :laugh:

egneg
09-29-2008, 06:26 PM
Until it spins out how do you know?

Avanti
09-29-2008, 08:15 PM
Once you break a certain MPH range for a given hull, blow outs happen.
They are just a part of trying to go faster than the hull was meant to go.
Take the SV27 for example anything over 37mph in rough water and you will be sending out a recovery boat.

We are not all pros and blow outs are just a part of it, there for I would opt for stronger more proven hardware. SOLINGER, SPEEDMASTER, etc.....

Avanti
09-29-2008, 08:16 PM
diego have you run the mamba yet?

Steven Vaccaro
09-29-2008, 09:45 PM
Aqua stuff isn't much better.

The number one replacement item for the sv is?......
The hatch. Not the manufacturers fault.

Number 2 is?..........
The rudder blade.

C.Smock
09-29-2008, 10:04 PM
I bend/break speed master hardware from time to time on a blow off....

I sheared a pair of speedmaster tabs COMPLETLY off of my N2 mono when she blew off running 67mph.

Dad bent the crap out of a seaducer rudder with a combo spin out blow off at 80mph +

There isnt a piece of hardware out there that is bullet proof,i agree with Avanti on the fact that you obviously want to setup a boat to not blow off or spin out ,but regardless is going to happen from time to time. It only takes a rooster tail or the wind to pick up for just a second to get that boat on her back. Its part of it.

IMO any aluminum hardware thin or not, is going to be better than plastic hardware...

Casey

ZarkSniper
09-30-2008, 03:50 PM
12.99 and 19.99....AND still looks better then the rig on the Aeromarine site for $89.95? Am I missing something here...other then the prop and shaft?

crazzy maxx
10-01-2008, 09:32 AM
wow
lets hope this will fix the problems and hatred this boat has put us threw... i like the way its looks but i think its a bit thin...

RCprince
10-01-2008, 12:06 PM
it looks like the same set up the fastech is using.

chirotray
11-16-2008, 08:39 PM
Ive got one of these new bj's at the shop I work at. The hardware will need a breakaway added to the rudder (simple), and probably a way to lock in strut angle better than the one bolt (again, simple). Anyway, it may not be Fuller's stuff...........but the price is right. Also, Prince, it is the exact same as the fastech (got one of those too) just anodized red. It cant hurt to try!

ZarkSniper
11-16-2008, 09:15 PM
chirotray...do you stock the hardware separate, and at what cost?

Oh and...where are you? :huh:

I have already ripped all the gear off my BJ26 and am going to start ordering parts soon. This is my winter project... Basically I need everything but the motor here and I'm looking for a good place to shop. It would be great if I could deal with one place for everything. My local HS doesn't seem to have or know a whole lot about boats...even though they sell a few.

I don't want to break the bank, but don't want to cheap out either. Any rec's on these other items?

hardware
ESC
Lipo's
props

chirotray
11-19-2008, 05:59 PM
Well......I work at Mikes Hobby Shop Superstore, its actually the largest privately owned shop in the nation. You can check us out at mikeshobbyshop.com. We are in Dallas, Tx. We really dont do phone orders, but if youre ever in the area, check us out. We stock all the most popular boats, but we usually just special order specialty parts. As far as rec's go, Fullers hardware, good high cap lipos, octura x642 prop, and I run stock esc and motor. That stuff will get you to the limits of the hull. If you need to order stuff, this site is probably the best. Hope that helps.

dodge4x4
12-03-2008, 03:20 PM
I'm thinking about trying the new hardware on a BJ
electric. It should work.. everything is available except
the strut and its suppose to be in by mid Jan.

avengersteve
12-03-2008, 04:43 PM
let us know how it works... ive been thinking of doing this to my bl blackjack

steinersamuel
12-03-2008, 06:56 PM
I have a complete rebuild going write now, and just got the ss proboat hardware. I don't like the 1/8 inch propshaft, and the rudder seams to be a bit on the sloppy side, but I think the setup will prove to be worlds better than the out dive that came with it. I can't figure out how to post pics here, if anyone hass any pointers I'll get you guy's some pics. Thanks Sam

steinersamuel
12-04-2008, 04:36 PM
I got you guy's some pics finaly. I bought this boat from roostercone and it needed some love. I epoxyed all the existing holes including this monster antena hole in the hatch. Reinforced the bottom of the hull with epoxy applied to the inside of the hull. Totaly blueprinted and blocked out the bottom of the hull as well. Sprayed the inside down with a coat of black epoxy paint, and am wet sanding a final coat of primer on the outside. can't wait to see hoe the new setup works. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks Sam

Steven Vaccaro
12-12-2008, 10:42 PM
I got you guy's some pics finaly. I bought this boat from roostercone and it needed some love. I epoxyed all the existing holes including this monster antena hole in the hatch. Reinforced the bottom of the hull with epoxy applied to the inside of the hull. Totaly blueprinted and blocked out the bottom of the hull as well. Sprayed the inside down with a coat of black epoxy paint, and am wet sanding a final coat of primer on the outside. can't wait to see hoe the new setup works. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks Sam

Thanks for posting the pics. Is the prop shaft a 3/16 with the prop end turned down to 1/8" or is it complete 1/8" end to end?

steinersamuel
12-13-2008, 12:54 PM
It's 1/8 end to end. Hopfully it will hold up.:glare:I'll put it through it's paces when the ice melts:buttrock: Also got it finished here's some pics. Let me know if you'de do something different. Thanks Sam

Steven Vaccaro
12-13-2008, 01:00 PM
Looking good. Whats the outside diameter of the strut. I have sometimes drilled out certain struts to fit 3/16" shafts.

ApacheDude
12-16-2008, 10:48 PM
It's 1/8 end to end. Hopfully it will hold up.:glare:I'll put it through it's paces when the ice melts:buttrock: Also got it finished here's some pics. Let me know if you'de do something different. Thanks Sam

What are you using for the flex shaft? And what prop? That looks like a 3 blade in your picture?

I think I might do this mod with a twist: Use the fastech strut bracket and fullers precision rudder for an inline setup.

One more thing, I think you mounted the prop hardware differently compared to the original. The square ends should be on the transom?