PDA

View Full Version : Swordfish 120a questions not calibrating correctly

KEEBIBEAR
05-27-2015, 02:44 PM
Ok so I bought a Motley boat from a buddy that has a Swordfish 120a esc. We bought the boat last summer off ebay and was setup just bind and drive. I tried a number of radios including my own Spektrum radios and we got nothing out of the esc but beeps and tones no matter what we tried and what instructions we used. So he shelved it and now I bought it for a cheap price. I tried again a number of radios and came to the conclusion the esc is bad. Ive ordered a new one from OSE and wired it in set it up and the throttle will only stop if you push the trigger to brake. I cannot trim it out in any way. Ive tried to set it up with trims in other postions and then it doesnt calibrate at all. The beeps according the the instructions are not the correct ones. Theres too many. Ive tried 4 radios from a DX4r pro to dx3e and flysky all do the same thing. I have the program box but I dont believe that doesnt help calibrate it. Sometime when I plug batteries in it just keeps going through its beep cycles sometimes it beeps once then nothing. Even if I move the trigger one way or another. The instructions say after 4 beeps let up on the trigger its set well I dont get 4 beeps or tones it like 6 or 7. What gives with this thing? I read others had this issue but no solution to the problem. Do I need to reprogram it from the computer? Any help would be great. Thanks

kevinpratt823
05-27-2015, 04:55 PM
Nor sure what you mean with the 4 beeps. All my sf esc's are calibrated by pulling full trigger, turning it on, and releasing to neutral after TWO beeps........

KEEBIBEAR
05-27-2015, 07:55 PM
I believe if I read correctly it says 3 tones then 4 tones and release. Beeps or tones dont seem to change much. There is a video on you tube from OSE says 4 beeps/tones and another instruction sheet I read is 4. So which do I follow? As I turn it on with trigger held it gives 1 beep/tone then into a different beep tone and that is 6 or 7 and that cycle keeps repeating majority of the time.

kevinpratt823
05-27-2015, 08:18 PM
I only have 240's and 300's, I don't remember if there might be a quick initial 2 tones, then the 1-2 count or not, that might be the case. I just know that after the two slow beeps I release the throttle. If you have it on auto lvc, the tones will be counting the cells, but it doesn't sound like that's what you're hearing.

KEEBIBEAR
05-28-2015, 12:59 PM
Tried last night and after the first tone let up worked like a charm. I reread the instructions again and it said nothing about 1 tone. Thanks a billion.

785boats
05-28-2015, 03:55 PM
with the 240 & 300 ESC, the instructions say that there will be a musical tone & then 4 steady beeps. You must release the trigger BEFORE the 4th beep. So releasing it after 2 beeps, or 1 beep, or 3 beeps will work. Not sure if the 120 is the same but it appears to have worked for you after one beep

MG1234
08-29-2015, 09:17 PM
Wow I was told it was automatic ,maybe that's why it didn't go stupid fast ,I'll calibrate the ESCs like you said ,do I need to do them one at a time or can I do them together? Need to take a bunch of stuff of if I need to separate ,man I'm glad I read this post

MG1234
08-29-2015, 09:47 PM
Well the ESCs are connected together ,not with a Y but soldered ,I'll try and calibrate each one as I plug it in but only one ESC powers the radio ,

MG1234
08-29-2015, 09:54 PM
I checked the wires all reds are connected ,so I'll just mess around and see if I can still do one at a time

MG1234
08-30-2015, 03:16 PM
Well I programed them still connected together just had someone hold the trigger while I plugged in both ESCs really fast then let off ,ran it this AM what a difference in speed ,had radio problems ,might have got a little moisture on the reciever ,

tlandauer
08-30-2015, 03:22 PM
Good to hear!!
Is this your Zonda? I thought the ESC was Shark Bite brand??

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

MG1234
08-30-2015, 05:55 PM
Sorry sord fish from RCBB, got it working smooth now ,waiting for a hull repair to dry on my other cat and I'll run back out and try it again ,changed rx tx ,the other one wasn't smooth so I swithed it with on off a buggy,