PDA

View Full Version : MMEU Michigan Cup racers

T.S.Davis
05-11-2015, 01:25 PM
Local yaaahoo's

We need you guys to go to www.rcracingevents.com and get yourselves signed up for the Cup for each day.

I can promise you it's a good time. It's just more of what we're already doing at our club gigs. Do NOT be intimidated thinking you're not ready for the big time. You are.

The guys that typically attend this event are like us. They're out to have fun, laugh, and act fool while playing with toy boats. Sure it's a competition and that is top notch but "up tight" is just not in their vocabulary.

It's time to get registered.

Hi8iS
06-18-2015, 11:47 AM
Local yaaahoo's

We need you guys to go to www.rcracingevents.com and get yourselves signed up for the Cup for each day.

I can promise you it's a good time. It's just more of what we're already doing at our club gigs. Do NOT be intimidated thinking you're not ready for the big time. You are.

The guys that typically attend this event are like us. They're out to have fun, laugh, and act fool while playing with toy boats. Sure it's a competition and that is top notch but "up tight" is just not in their vocabulary.

It's time to get registered.

Hello, I stumbled upon this while doing a search for Michigan boaters. I am pretty new to the hobby, so not really looking to race (yet). However I was wondering if there is any regular place that people meet up to run their boats? I have tons of places near me as I live in Waterford on Cass lake. But every time I take out my boats I am the only one out there? Just curious with so much water in Oakland county there must be something happening. Thanks

T.S.Davis
06-18-2015, 01:08 PM
We're out practicing twice per week in Shelby Township. Then once a month we race there. Nice controlled environment kind of thing.

Come by and see us. We're in the south west corner of 23 mile road and old Vandyke. Straight across 23 mile from McDonalds. Pull into the Ford Field drive. You'll see us about a 1/8 mile in. We're there Saturday morning about 10am and Wednesdays about 6pm. Practice days have limited participation but at least you can hang with some other boaters.

If you want to check out some variety for sure come out to see us at the Cup race.

Hi8iS
06-18-2015, 10:26 PM
We're out practicing twice per week in Shelby Township. Then once a month we race there. Nice controlled environment kind of thing.

Come by and see us. We're in the south west corner of 23 mile road and old Vandyke. Straight across 23 mile from McDonalds. Pull into the Ford Field drive. You'll see us about a 1/8 mile in. We're there Saturday morning about 10am and Wednesdays about 6pm. Practice days have limited participation but at least you can hang with some other boaters.

If you want to check out some variety for sure come out to see us at the Cup race.

Very cool! Thanks for the heads up! I will try to make it out soon. Maybe even this Saturday if work permits.

80mac
06-19-2015, 08:24 AM
Terry, how early can we get to the pond for the race? Both classes that I am running in are on Saturday and I was going to setup that morning.

T.S.Davis
06-19-2015, 08:46 AM
Terry, how early can we get to the pond for the race? Both classes that I am running in are on Saturday and I was going to setup that morning.

Not sure what you mean but I'll be living on site for the weekend with about 10 other people so........................how's 1:00am? haha

Seriously, people are scurrying about by 7:00 am usually.

80mac
06-19-2015, 12:24 PM
Thanks Terry, I just wanted to make sure that I would have enough time to get everything setup before the drivers meeting.