PDA

View Full Version : Absolute 1807 Dual Charger: Help needed.

IRON-PAWW
05-07-2015, 08:17 PM
Hey guys. Wondering if anyone else out there who has an Absolute 1807 Dual Charger can help.

First off - has anyone been able to update the software on these? I note they can be connected to a PC but the manuals are next to useless. There's a few issues with the way the charger works and operates which I hope might be resolved with an update. If anyone knows the right update to use and where to get it then please let me know.

So I have the charger plugged into a 30w 12 power supply. Recently, when I started charging some SPC 6500mah 3S batts the charger and power supply would just go dead. Faulty power supply I thought. So I plugged in another power supply, which I know is good(exactly the same model though), and exactly the same thing happened. What I noted is that the amp draw seems to be going right up to the 30 amps and above when I was trying to put the charger on storage charge. So I think I am getting a high amp draw safety cutoff?? Anyone know?

Also I note that I had the charger set to charge at 2C. Does anyone know if that affects storage mode as well? I guess testing will show this but thought I'd ask the question.

Then - yep there's more. When you first turn the charger on you can set the input amperage and voltage. So I dropped the amperage down from 30A to 28A to see if thins might help prevent the shutoff. Seemed to but I need to test more to be convinced. I noted then though that the charge would incorrectly storage charge. Would take each cell to 3.9v instead of the usual 3.8v. Interesting thing - switch off after that. Switch on and choose storage charge again and it'd discharge down to the correct 3.8v. Weird!

Anyone have any thoughts about what might be going on with this! And then how to update the software on them? Damn thing driving me nuts!