PDA

View Full Version : SAW Event In at FunJunction in NC this week....Anyone have information to share?

msundsd5
05-04-2015, 08:53 AM
Hey OSE Fam,

I was told that the SAW boys will be running down in North Carolina this weekend at FunJunction and wanted to know if anyone had a flyer or any event information in regards to days and start times. I was planning on going down on Saturday and need to know what is the earliest the event starts and when it ends.

If you have any information or know someone who may have the information please reach out to me. Thanks

RaceMechaniX
05-04-2015, 12:15 PM
Copied from IW:

Let me know if you have any questions. To Pre-Register just send me an email with the classes you will be running and your contact information.

May 6 - 9 RECORD TRIAL 15-032 RT ELIZABETH CITY, NC Old Dominion Model Boat Association Timed event for 1/16 mile SAW.

TIME: Event starts when timing equipment is operational. Fun Junktion Park Pond, 983 Simpson Ditch Road, Elizabeth City, NC 27909

CLASSES: All IMPBA legal classes.

Pre-Registration is required. $25 entry fee.

NOTE: Witching Hour Rules at 4 PM -- Only drivers whose boats have been within 5% of the record during the event, or that current record holder will be allowed to run on the short list. Round Robin list will be used.

Contestants are responsible for all paperwork and postage fees.

CD: Kentley Porter (757) 642-1000 email: kentleyporter@msn.com Assistant CD: Ron Shaw (919) 697-1129 email: sales@novarossi.us

Chilli
05-04-2015, 09:02 PM
http://nebula.wsimg.com/32f373455d655fc88c670bfd41ece2b3?AccessKeyId=ACA73 81D2BFC72351748&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

Give Kentley a call but they will probably start just after sunrise and run untill dusk. The wind is usually down early morning and at dusk.

Great group of guys. You'll learn allot!!

Meniscus
05-11-2015, 02:49 PM
Unfortunately, the weather did not cooperate with us for this event. Since the wind was really blowing by mid-day Friday, we packed it up. With the weather patterns, the event was not held on Saturday. Only one record was broken on Thursday despite a few fast passes on Friday.