PDA

View Full Version : Need help swordfish 220 problems

RandyatBBY
04-25-2015, 10:49 AM
I have the swordfish 220 2S to 6S with out the data loging. I have ran it a bout 20 times. In the first 4S setup my War eagle 34 10 plus pound boat on a Neu 1521 1.5d. I it ran it about 6 times dialing it in to get speeds around 55MPH. I had to run a big prop 557 to get the speed I wanted. It thermaled the esc. So I went on to My SS30 and a 1515 1Y and weight in the 6 to 7 pound range with a 444 CNC aluminum prop. The boat was fast but the handling was a little rough. In testing I tried a 640 prop the boat handled well but the speed suffered. Mind you the 220 ESC has faired well all these runs.
I wanted something that would be fast for racing but ran smooth. since I only had one 444 and it was aluminium I could not curl the ends and did not want to cut it for less lift. I decided to run a 442 balanced lightened and curled prop. I went two laps and had to run at 1/2 speed 1/2 pf a lap to bring it in to the launch area. The ESC quit about ten feet from the launch area. and would not re-arm. It will program on the computer but will not re-arm the motor. Is there any trick to make it work again less sending it back to Swordfish?

RandyatBBY
04-27-2015, 09:25 AM
I guess or don't know no one if any one is looking at what I do. But Hear is some info any way. I went to the pond yesterday equipped with a Swordfish 300 lite in the boat. I ran it on the 442 with this ESC not a problem. so I went to a 444 CNC aluminum prop the boat ran fine but little slow for oval racing. So I put a 645 CNC aluminum prop no the boat, speeds were good but the boat stopped and I had to row out to recover it. I appeared to have lost signal. I put in new set of cells and decided to give it a harder run to see what really happened. Well it ran great for 6 laps so I brought it in. As I removed the hatch there was a lot of smoke comming out of the hatch. The motor had a burnted wire. This 1515 1Y has a 1/3/2009 date on it. My conclusion is that the motor was going out the whole time and the prop is just a little big for the combo.

RandyatBBY
04-27-2015, 01:34 PM
here is the data loger info.