PDA

View Full Version : New motor and ESC

MAXAMUS
09-22-2008, 11:38 AM
Hi guys sorry in advance for all the questions !!

Iam away to fit a new Etti 150amp ESC and a Ammo 36-50-2300 motor to my
BJ 26

My set up will be-

Etti 150 amp esc input v 6-30v 2-7 lipo cells

ammo 36-50-2300 Input Voltage: 14.8-18.5V
Max. Constant Current: 60A
Max. Surge Current: 100A
Max. Constant Watts: 110W

fullers cat hardware
x642 / x645
2x 7.4v 20c 6600mah lipo's
or i also have 2X 4S 2450MAH 25C LIPO'S

but i have a few questions

at the moment iam or i was running stock esc and motor but esc blew which prompted me to upgrade

1. now the stock Esc has a power on/off switch can this be adapted to an aftermarket Esc and how ?

2. what is the best way ref battery configuration i would like to make it so i could run both series and parallel via a swapping out the leads at the pond and what are the advantages / disadvantages ?

3. bullet connectors or deans plugs whats there amp rating ?

4. input power as long as i don't go over the input voltage of the ESC (see set up above) i will be safe ? but do i have to ensure the motor input volts are not exceeded to IE which ever is the lower in this case the motor @18.5v ?

5. what is the pole count for the ammo 36-50-2300

6. has or is anybody using a ETTI esc ?? what settings have you applied to programming it ?

Ub Hauled
09-22-2008, 12:41 PM
1- Yes. Just place an on/off switch on one of the leads between the batteries and the ESC... beware it will add substantial resistance.
2- by having one of them with a male plug on one end and having a female/female adapter in case you need to run it in parallel... BUT if you parallel it then you'll have half the voltage... it's kinda useless to run a motor that is optimal at 14.8v @ 7.4v.
3- BULLET CONNECTORS! They will generate less heat.
4- Give it a little buffer there... don't use more then 75% then the described max input, same goes to amps.
5- I am not 100% on this one... I think it's a 2 pole.
6- There are a few using ETTI ESCs, good reviews. I'd leave it all at the default setting except lipo cutoff and maybe timing if the Ammo has more then 4 poles.