PDA

View Full Version : Octura Flex Shaft

Fast Guy
05-23-2007, 09:14 PM
I just recieved a couple unassembled flex shafts from OffShore Electrics to use on our 2 SuperVees. I noticed that the propeller shaft is much shorter than the original SuperVee shaft. Is there still enough shaft in the bushing for proper support. The original shaft had about 2 1/2 in. in the bushing while the Octura is only 1 1/8 in. I'm not sure how long the bushing is. Thanks.

Jeepers
05-24-2007, 12:02 AM
I dont think there will be a problem with that, the stock bushing is probably long enough if its supporting that longer shaft, I use the octura shafts as well, they are much shorter than the hughey shafts that I was using and they work fine.

Steven Vaccaro
05-24-2007, 10:16 AM
No worries, there are LOTS of these in sv's all over the world. Less shaft, less friction. On the sv the shorter shaft is also a plus because with the stock shaft and strut, the shaft minimizes the amount of angle you can put into the strut.

Steven Vaccaro
05-24-2007, 10:17 AM
Oh, I forgot. When assembling the cable make sure everything is grease/oil free.

Fast Guy
05-24-2007, 06:10 PM
Thanks Steven. I'm going to use Loctite 603 to assemble the cable to the propeller shaft. Whats the best way to cut the flex shaft? Thanks again.

Mich. Maniac
05-24-2007, 07:32 PM
I used a dremel with cutoff wheel, works great. that loctite is unreal how well it works. I bought that and some primer from my local distributer and it was about 45.00. Kinda steep but after I used it, well worth the bucks. I havent tinned the ends of my shafts yet I think I need a hotter iron.

avengersteve
05-24-2007, 08:07 PM
i have the cable from her, in my sv27, and it helps soo much with angle adjustments

SJFE
05-24-2007, 08:32 PM
To attest to longevity. I have run the OSE upgrade cable and shaft since day one. I have had no issues what so ever of any kind with it.