PDA

View Full Version : Darin's Testing Visit with Pro Boat - March 19, 2015

Darin Jordan
03-27-2015, 08:35 AM
As part of my trip for the LA SAW evening on March 20-22, I was invited to spend the Thursday prior, March 19th, testing some new and old products with the new Pro Boat development group. Shot a few pics to share.

Was a fun day. Tested all kinds of products, ideas, and frankly, just bashed the heck out of some stuff.

I'm kind of excited about what's coming! I do know that Rafael and Mike have been working hard to listen and learn and I think their new development program will help to weed out some issues before these hit the market place.

Perfect? Of course now, but I believe, and I think I'd know, much, much improved!

I look forward to chatting more about this as the products hit the shelves!

Doby
03-27-2015, 09:37 AM
So you tested hardwood floors, a white van, some radios and a red Milwaukee bag, some boats we've all seen before, and some LiPos with pretty blue connectors.......exciting.:sleep::sleep:

Is all the good stuff behind the green metal door???:spy:

kfxguy
03-27-2015, 09:49 AM
So you tested hardwood floors, a white van, some radios and a red Milwaukee bag, some boats we've all seen before, and some LiPos with pretty blue connectors.......exciting.:sleep::sleep:

awesome! I was going to post but didnt see anything interesting so i just didnt bother. your statement about sums up how I felt hahaha

tlandauer
03-27-2015, 09:56 AM

Is all the good stuff behind the green metal door???:spy:
:lol::lol:
Hmmm... may be I can be of some use to you: remind me to take a photo of what's inside next time, got the key... :buttrock:

Doby
03-27-2015, 10:16 AM
Come on Darin, throw us a bone or something................:Praying:

Darin Jordan
03-27-2015, 10:57 AM
The only bone(s) I'll throw are these:

1) None of the power systems are going to fit into the P-LTD scenario, and frankly, 95% of boaters out there will be thrilled about that. I think updating power systems will be a much more distant concern.

2) Any claims for "top speed" that show up on the advertising or boxes for these will be REAL and easily achievable from this point on! Power systems with solid head-room... A VERY welcomed update.

3) Wood? What wood??

4) Make more boat storage room... :spy:

Rafael_Lopez
03-27-2015, 01:02 PM
Haha, I love the comments in this thread. You guys are awesome.:rockon2:

It was definitely a fun day. The fact that you had nothing to add to our current projects other than a huge smile really means a lot. Hopefully our customers will feel the same way you did. :drool:

Some good announcements are coming in a few months. Hopefully we can fill the current void in the RTR, FE boating category.

properchopper
03-27-2015, 01:30 PM
Is all the good stuff behind the green metal door???

Full Disclosure :

Entering the Green Door(s) :

1) you will bump your head

2) find two rescue rowboats (used for temporary storage of lake water and mosquito breeding)

3) overnight accommodation for weird looking arachnids

4) various devices/materials left over from unsuccessful sunken boat retrieval missions

5) Jimmy Hoffa

Darin Jordan
03-27-2015, 01:36 PM
Is all the good stuff behind the green metal door???

Full Disclosure :

Entering the Green Door(s) :

1) you will bump your head

2) find two rescue rowboats (used for temporary storage of lake water and mosquito breeding)

3) overnight accommodation for weird looking arachnids

4) various devices/materials left over from unsuccessful sunken boat retrieval missions

5) Jimmy Hoffa

The Skunk is back as well... :crying:

properchopper
03-27-2015, 02:00 PM
There will be five points awarded for the first comment containing the words " Marilyn Chambers" (without upsetting a moderator.......)

JimClark
03-27-2015, 02:04 PM
:spy:

photohoward1
03-27-2015, 04:48 PM
There will be five points awarded for the first comment containing the words " Marilyn Chambers" (without upsetting a moderator.......)

Throw us a Bone.......! I just can't do it.

Darin Jordan
03-27-2015, 04:50 PM

Marilyn Chambers stars in "Behind the Green Door", 1972.... ;)

Doby
03-27-2015, 05:13 PM
Jimmy Hoffa works for ProBoat????

Doby
03-27-2015, 05:14 PM
Marilyn Chambers stars in "Behind the Green Door", 1972.... ;)

Sigh............................:drool:

Doug Smock
03-27-2015, 05:41 PM
What do you know about the batteries Darin?

tlandauer
03-27-2015, 06:42 PM
Batteries were for "Performance Enhancement" props used during the making of "Behind The Green Door".....:tape:

JimClark
03-27-2015, 06:55 PM
http://www.dynamiterc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=DYNB3804EC

rayzerdesigns
03-27-2015, 08:18 PM
puffy 80c

ray schrauwen
03-27-2015, 09:21 PM
Anything named Dynamite I have worry of explosion..... Just sayin' :hide:

Darin Jordan
03-27-2015, 09:40 PM

Funny you should ask... the 50C seem to hold up better than the 80C. And EC5 connectors seem to have more resistance than one might expect for a connector this size.

keithbradley
03-28-2015, 12:36 AM
Funny you should ask... the 50C seem to hold up better than the 80C. And EC5 connectors seem to have more resistance than one might expect for a connector this size.
Interesting. I've never used EC5 on anything considered "high discharge" (I use them on my charger/power supply, that's about it), but I would have guessed that they would be a big improvement over the normal RTR equipment.

Thanks for the teaser Darin. Reading between the lines, it sounds like proboat has upped their game significantly this year.

T.S.Davis
03-28-2015, 01:03 AM
What ever it is Darin, just send it to me. I'll find the edge for you. I'll piss Newland off in the process too. Promise.

Unless it's the swing from the Green Door. Got no use for that.

Rafael_Lopez
03-28-2015, 01:21 AM
puffy 80c

Back story on those puffy 80C packs, I have been trying to blow up the DYNM3875, 120A ESC on 6S. In the process I have puffed 4, 80C packs, melted the blue nylon off the EC5 connectors, and de-soldered connectors off the wires. What I have not managed to do is burn up the 1 ESC I have been abusing for 4 months now after lowering the timing to 7*, while pushing it at or right above it's 120A limit.

Don't worry Ray. I've yet to find where Dynamite stores the smoke in their products.

Darin Jordan
03-28-2015, 09:42 AM
Back story on those puffy 80C packs, I have been trying to blow up the DYNM3875, 120A ESC on 6S. In the process I have puffed 4, 80C packs, melted the blue nylon off the EC5 connectors, and de-soldered connectors off the wires. What I have not managed to do is burn up the 1 ESC I have been abusing for 4 months now after lowering the timing to 7*, while pushing it at or right above it's 120A limit.

Don't worry Ray. I've yet to find where Dynamite stores the smoke in their products.

All true, guys.... when these guys stress test this stuff they aren't fooling around! Plus a lot of these packs have more LVC runs on them than most packs would see in a lifetime!

I ran Dynamite packs in several boats last season and the performance is right there.

As for the EC5 connectors. These are getting VERY abused as well. The team is pushing these systems to find the weak points, and my comments above should be taken with that in consideration. If you are pushing your equipment further than Rafael and the team are during product testing, research, you need to rethink your plan.

Rafael, Mike, and the ProBoat development team are working hard to step up the game. From what I experience they are right on track.

T.S.Davis
03-28-2015, 10:06 AM
Challenge accepted. Haha

Luck as a Constant
03-28-2015, 10:46 AM
i keep expecting pics of something new... and then nothing. fail.

I think its about time Proboat up's their game however. its been long overdue.

Doug Smock
03-28-2015, 11:18 AM
Product Specifications

Type:LiPo

Capacity:5000 mAH

Voltage:14.8V

Connector Type:EC5

Wire Gauge:12AWG :confused2:

Configuration:4S

Length:5.74 in (139mm)

Width:1.89 in (48mm)

Height:1.89 in (48mm)

Maximum Continuous Discharge :50C

rearwheelin
03-28-2015, 01:27 PM
Does this mean I can start buying ready to RTR boats instead of building my own ?? :)

tlandauer
03-28-2015, 03:59 PM
Does this mean I can start buying ready to RTR boats instead of building my own ?? :)

You buy the RTR, sell the one you have been building :drool::drool:to me, I will pay top dollar!:laugh:

rearwheelin
03-28-2015, 11:52 PM
You buy the RTR, sell the one you have been building :drool::drool:to me, I will pay top dollar!:laugh:

Now that's tempting ! Except I don't want a RTR yet ! lol

Spartanator
03-29-2015, 09:17 PM
Now share the good pictures!

bigcam406
04-13-2015, 12:48 AM
in the pic with the boats on the shelves there seems to be a "newer" looking Fastech brushless......

tlandauer
04-13-2015, 04:00 AM
in the pic with the boats on the shelves there seems to be a "newer" looking Fastech brushless......

The "newer" look can be attributed to the hull sitting on the shelf without the submerged prop and the rudder. Think of it as having a different propulsion system. ( Jet Drive)
:spy::w00t:

bigcam406
04-13-2015, 05:54 AM
The "newer" look can be attributed to the hull sitting on the shelf without the submerged prop and the rudder. Think of it as having a different propulsion system. ( Jet Drive)
:spy::w00t:

i just noticed the paint scheme

Darin Jordan
04-13-2015, 08:22 AM
i just noticed the paint scheme

Standard FASTec paint scheme... there were a couple of different ones. I have the other hull as well.

Nothing new... just a boat I built awhile back:

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?46023-Pro-Boat-Formula-FasTEC-MickieBEEZ-Jet-Pump-Conversion

bigcam406
04-13-2015, 05:57 PM
ok thanks.it must of been the angle that made the paint look a bit different than what im used to seeing.nice build BTW

rayzerdesigns
04-13-2015, 06:56 PM

i have melted way too many ec5 connectors on limited setups..great news on speedo

rayzerdesigns
04-13-2015, 06:57 PM
All true, guys.... when these guys stress test this stuff they aren't fooling around! Plus a lot of these packs have more LVC runs on them than most packs would see in a lifetime!

I ran Dynamite packs in several boats last season and the performance is right there.

As for the EC5 connectors. These are getting VERY abused as well. The team is pushing these systems to find the weak points, and my comments above should be taken with that in consideration. If you are pushing your equipment further than Rafael and the team are during product testing, research, you need to rethink your plan.

Rafael, Mike, and the ProBoat development team are working hard to step up the game. From what I experience they are right on track.

how about a new mono

Brushless55
04-13-2015, 11:12 PM

How have the 50C packs held up?