PDA

View Full Version : Questions for Michlee (of Hifei)

Sonic24
03-18-2015, 05:00 PM
Questions for Michlee (of Hifei)

Admittedly, I am new to FE boats. I have been spending a lot of time reading forums. I have answered most of my questions by reading previously posted responses. I have posted these questions to the Hifei webpage but have not heard back. I saw Michlee posted recently, so I thought I would try this.

My situation:
I am building several boats at the same time; but using the similar power system setups. I am using TP Power motors, paired with Swordfish Pro+ ESCs, powered by 3s Revolectrix 5500 mAh batteries in series to make a 6s configurations in each boat. I am using 8mm Bullet connectors at all connections. I decided to add capacitors to my power system as added protection for my ESC. As I am already using 8mm Bullet connections, I bought the “Hifei Capacitor Bank with connections for running Parallel battery packs”. As I am running two 3s batteries in series to make the 6s configuration, I will not always run four batteries necessitating the parallel connections. My intentions are to use different propellers on each boat, documenting critical parameters each time, to refine my setup. Oh, and to have fun. [Insert your nerd jokes here]

My questions:
Question 1: The installation instructions for the “Hifei Capacitor Bank with connections for running Parallel battery packs” state: “Simply solder the two sets of esc wires to the capacitor board tabs (see attached pictures). It seems odd to me that I am going from 8 gauge esc wires to these circuit board “tabs” then to 8mm connectors to 10 gauge battery wires. I understand that the capacitors do not require large conductors, but these are also my power supply lines. Is the conductor within the circuit board between these “Tabs” and the 8mm installed connectors sufficient to carry the main current?

Question 2: If I am running two 3s batteries in series (not parallel) can I simply cover one of the positive (+) 8mm connectors on the board? (see picture)

Thanks for your advice

Michlee
03-19-2015, 06:06 AM
Hi, this capacitor bank with 8mm connectors for parallel battery packs can be used for Swordfish 300A 15s, so it's sufficient to carry the current of Swordfish Pro+ 220A 6s .
Answer to question #2: yes, if you use 3s batteries in series (not parallel), please use only one positive (+) and one negative (-) 8mm connectors on the board.

Sonic24
03-19-2015, 08:58 AM
Thank you very much!!!