PDA

View Full Version : Swordfish computer link

Sonic24
03-17-2015, 07:45 PM
Hello all,

I was able to load the Hifei V4.12 on my computer successfully from the provided disc. The treads on this web site were helpful there.

However, I can’t get the software to recognize any of my ESCs. I have several Swordfish ESCs (300 and 220 Pro+). When I follow the “Connect ESC to PC” instructions provided, I get a red light on my USB linker. The instructions state I should get a green light.

I have tried different Swordfish ESCs (with and without a BEC).

I have tried different USB linkers.

I don’t get a software option to manually select a com port.

It appears my computer just isn’t seeing the ESC.

As they are all doing the same thing, I assume the ESCs are fine. They can’t all be bad; it has got to be me missing something.

What am I missing? Help please

photohoward1
03-17-2015, 08:24 PM
What drive is it on. It can be on any drive but the "C:"

Sonic24
03-17-2015, 08:39 PM
I only have the one hard drive (C)

photohoward1
03-17-2015, 09:09 PM
Load or instal it on a USB drive or an SD card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sonic24
03-17-2015, 09:29 PM
I just inserted a USB Drive.
Reinstalled it on that drive using the "CP210xVCPInstaller_x64" file. I used the "Browse" option to select the USB drive for the target.
Then used a brand new Swordfish 220 Pro+ that hasn't had any connectors soldered onto it (I thought perhaps I damaged the others when soldering bullets)
it is performing the same. Red light on the "USB Linker" and the software just doesn't see the ESC.
I know it is something I am doing wrong, I just can't figure it out.
I do appreciate the help

Sonic24
03-17-2015, 10:10 PM
Hello all,

Proof that "The Truth is out there"

I kept searching this forum for the answer, and i found the solution to my problem. See thread http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?47259-Swordfish-esc

My link works perfectly.

Thanks to all

Michlee
03-17-2015, 10:45 PM
Hi, when plug Hifei USB Linker to PC, the red LED of USB linker will on.
Good to hear you can connect them all to PC now.