PDA

View Full Version : Cajun Commander---Size Does Matter: A bigger scale air boat from AquaCraft!!

tlandauer
03-02-2015, 01:40 AM
Saw this :w00t: 128618

I think this time I am going to get one. The electric one that has been available was just too small for me.
http://www.towerhobbies.com/products/aquacraft/aqub5722.html

Make-a-Wake
03-02-2015, 10:33 AM
Nice.................V8 and all!!

Looks very scale, all except the gloss to the camo.............

tlandauer
03-02-2015, 07:39 PM
Nice.................V8 and all!!

Looks very scale, all except the gloss to the camo.............

I agree, wish there is another paint scheme. You can't even take it off, it;s painted, do they have flat clear paint?

srislash
03-02-2015, 10:04 PM
That is totally cool. Very first R/C I saw was a swamp buggy. It was gas and running on a dew covered soccer field. Think I was 6.

DBJr
03-02-2015, 10:52 PM
I agree, wish there is another paint scheme. You can't even take it off, it;s painted, do they have flat clear paint?

Krylon makes a flat clear. Used it on some of my military model rockets with great success. Doesn't seem to yellow in time either.

There is also Testor's Dullcote but I don't particularly care for it as it tends to yellow over time.

This looks like a really cool boat. The lights look really cool and I would imagine running this thing in the dark would be awesome. Too bad I just converted my Mini Alligator Tours to a brushless setup.:wink:

Make-a-Wake
03-03-2015, 12:31 AM
Yeah, like has been said already, there is clear in satin and matte

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Oleum-Painter-s-Touch-2X-12-oz-Flat-Matte-Clear-General-Purpose-Spray-Paint-249087/100670439

tlandauer
03-03-2015, 02:37 AM
Krylon makes a flat clear. Used it on some of my military model rockets with great success. Doesn't seem to yellow in time either.

There is also Testor's Dullcote but I don't particularly care for it as it tends to yellow over time.

This looks like a really cool boat. The lights look really cool and I would imagine running this thing in the dark would be awesome. Too bad I just converted my Mini Alligator Tours to a brushless setup.:wink:

Wow, how is the mini Aligator? I didn't get it but toyed with the idea that should I get it I would have put a BL motor in it.
Thanks for the info on the paint. I don't paint much but i remember the Testor turned yellow on me.

Yeah, like has been said already, there is clear in satin and matte

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Oleum-Painter-s-Touch-2X-12-oz-Flat-Matte-Clear-General-Purpose-Spray-Paint-249087/100670439
Thanks for the link!:thumbup:

DBJr
03-03-2015, 10:19 AM
Wow, how is the mini Aligator? I didn't get it but toyed with the idea that should I get it I would have put a BL motor in it.

It's a lot of fun.

I've got an Align 3550kv motor, an APC 5x5 prop and a Castle Thunderbird 54A ESC and I'm currently running a 1300 mah 2S lipo. Definitely faster with this setup compared with the stock brushed setup even with the mild 2S.

I could probably stuff a 1500 mah pack in there if I really worked at it. Anything bigger would have to ride on the outside of the boat.

tlandauer
03-03-2015, 12:07 PM
It's a lot of fun.

I've got an Align 3550kv motor, an APC 5x5 prop and a Castle Thunderbird 54A ESC and I'm currently running a 1300 mah 2S lipo. Definitely faster with this setup compared with the stock brushed setup even with the mild 2S.

I could probably stuff a 1500 mah pack in there if I really worked at it. Anything bigger would have to ride on the outside of the boat.

Sounds great, now I wish I had one, will wait for this one definitely:buttrock:

flraptor07
04-28-2015, 11:00 PM
Yup I've seen this, I'm thinkin' I'm gonna have to get one. The new lake the club is moving to has some marshy areas that this would run great on!

FormulaZR
04-29-2015, 08:19 AM
Watched a few videos of this on Youtube. Looks like a barrel of monkeys (and also looks like it works better than my home made ducted fan boat).

SweetZ28
09-05-2015, 06:42 PM
I got one of these coming it has no ESC and the stock one is a boat 50amp esc but I have a 45 amp waterproof car ESC that I will have to try and see if it will work for it.

gohan
11-20-2016, 10:31 AM
Any suggestions for a brushless motor upgrade? I just picked one up cheap because stock motor was bad.

DBJr
11-20-2016, 11:01 AM
Any suggestions for a brushless motor upgrade? I just picked one up cheap because stock motor was bad.

I would say that if you could pick up another stock motor for cheap, I would go that route. The stock motor is 1800kv and the prop is a 9x7 3 blade which is really all you need for this boat. At full throttle, it can be a bit much to handle at times.

Anything much higher than 1800kv and I think you will have considerable difficulty keeping the thing on the water.

arecee50
12-18-2016, 12:45 PM
Picked one up last week and the kid and I tested it out in the snow at the park. Both of us had a smile from ear to ear. The first thing that went was the crappy servo, so I threw in a 68oz and it supplies more than enough power. The motor puts out plenty of speed, so much so that its almost hard to control at full throttle.

The lights supplied are dim at best so I replaced all 12 and now they run off a 9v batt. and are super bright and makes it much easier to run at night. All in all its not a bad little air boat.