PDA

View Full Version : Help with emoticons please.........I cant get them to work

Make-a-Wake
02-28-2015, 07:03 PM
Don't know if its my computer settings........but I click on them and they wont show up on the reply even before I hit submit

Any computer guys who know if I have a setting wrong on my computer?

Diegoboy
02-28-2015, 08:20 PM
Carl,
I would seriously consider having your PC looked at. This coupled with your recent issue with the mysterious Pop-up survey, something must be wrong.

Make-a-Wake
02-28-2015, 09:26 PM
This is a new computer, had it two days

Diegoboy
02-28-2015, 09:50 PM
okay, which browser are you using?

Make-a-Wake
02-28-2015, 09:56 PM
Internet explorer

tlandauer
03-01-2015, 12:58 AM
Don't know if its my computer settings........but I click on them and they wont show up on the reply even before I hit submit

Any computer guys who know if I have a setting wrong on my computer?

If you just click reply, none of them will show up, it is the second step when you click "go advanced" then they show up------although I have a feeling you know this, I am just thinking out loud, please don't take it as an offense . Not trying to tell you something basic that you already know.
I had for awhile a problem, when I click "go advanced", all the emoticons are in the middle of the screen, right where I need to see what I was typing. It was some kind of issue with IE's version update. Check if your IE version is compatible with your new computer. :noidea:

Make-a-Wake
03-01-2015, 08:45 AM
Thanks, yes I go to advanced and see them all, they just wont move over to the reply window when I click on them.

Spartanator
03-01-2015, 06:14 PM
Thanks, yes I go to advanced and see them all, they just wont move over to the reply window when I click on them.

Does it say what the icon is in the reply window? Are you on Windows 8/8.1?

My Google Chrome with handy ol' Windows 7 Professional (64 bit) is a working. Going to switch it back to Linux soon..

:usa: <Can you see that USA flag?

Are you in a Private browsing mode? If you could I'd restore it to factory...

I am about to try the forum with Windows 8 IE in my Virtual Machine... Stand By for updates..

Icon Post from Windows 8 with IE: :blink: <Blinky icon guy works....

May we ask what computer you are using? Tablet? Operating system? Network speed?

Make-a-Wake
03-01-2015, 07:27 PM
What is private browsing mode?

Make-a-Wake
03-01-2015, 07:57 PM
Test :rockon2: :thumbup1: :confused2: :Praying: :doh:

Make-a-Wake
03-01-2015, 08:00 PM
Using Google chrome they work................thanks :buttrock:

tlandauer
03-01-2015, 08:37 PM
Great. So glad it is working for you.
Now I wish I can use these emoticons in my Tapatalk, they have their own and it doesn't work. Anyone can chime in?
Sorry, I don't mean to yank your thread off topic.
Cheers!

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Make-a-Wake
03-01-2015, 08:54 PM
Yeah......................I will get all bent out of shape if you clog up this awesome thread.................. not LOL

NativePaul
03-01-2015, 10:07 PM
Now I wish I can use these emoticons in my Tapatalk, they have their own and it doesn't work. Anyone can chime in?
Yeah, stop using Tapatalk. :tt2:

tlandauer
03-01-2015, 11:09 PM
Yeah......................I will get all bent out of shape if you clog up this awesome thread.................. not LOL
:roflol::beerchug:

:lol: I never used it until my four and half year old Motorola Droid phone would not load up the Forum properly and the only thing worked was Tapatalk.... Now I get pop-ups and God knows forums from car nuts everywhere, yesterday was this fellow who is trying to convert his Mercedes G-wagon ( then West German Army ones) into a sand dune buggy.:olleyes:

P.S., now I am REALLY leaving the topic.:frusty:

Spartanator
03-02-2015, 07:01 AM
What is private browsing mode?

I'm unfamiliar with it since I never use it but with Google Chrome it disables add-ons/extensions and doesn't save cookies/history....
Kind of like a "off the books" mode...

Spartanator
03-02-2015, 07:03 AM

I have been using Tapatalk on my iPhone... What a PITA since the crude updates... I need to figure out something else...